• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stun Dragonblades a lot with Rein and maybe hook him with hog half the time. I'm sure a McCree stun and Ana sleep are viable too, but there are definitely other viable methods to Genji's ult
I interrupted three Genji ults last night with McCree. This was high-50s/low-60s play.

This was the first time I really rolled out McCree in competitive, so I was surprised how effective it was.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Transcendence is safer because even 1 or 2 picks can turn the tide of battle and people usually use the chaos caused by dragonblade to go in.

Also it's built to counter ults and pushed so why not?

duckroll

I mean, if we're talking about possible counters against Dragonblade, there are a bunch. The only question is how well they work and how much skill and what circumstances are required for them to work. Transcendence is indeed the only hard counter in the sense that it is 100% effective, will protect the team on the point every single time, and there's nothing Genji can do regardless of player skill, to work around it, if it pops after he ults.

There's just so many ways Genji ult can go wrong... Lucio/Zen ultra (only positive is that at least you made them use it), Lucio speed boost, Roadhog hook, Zarya bubble that makes you lose precious time, Soldier just speeding out of zone when you don't have dash to track him down, McCree stun, Mei ice wall/cryo-freeze, other characters using their ultras to counter yours, etc...

To me it's definitely the ult that gives you the best feeling when you can pull it off, but it's also one of the hardest IMO, because the other team has their eyes on you before you get to do much unless you strike at the best possible time and pick the right targets.

Popped a Zarya ult that grabbed their whole team in a game I played at lunch.

Random person I was with D.Va ulted them. Everyone died except the Zen that used Transcendence.

Even here, in solo queue, like any other dark and lonely place on Earth, magic can happen.

LiK

Popped a Zarya ult that grabbed their whole team in a game I played at lunch.

Random person I was with D.Va ulted them. Everyone died except the Zen that used Transcendence.

Even here, in solo queue, like any other dark and lonely place on Earth, magic can happen.

anyone with an Ult should use it when Zarya uses her Ult. If not, they're dumb.

Finally got over 100 and rolled over. Its nice to have some quick loot boxes! Last two boxes I got D.va's and Genjis summer costumes. Still need Mcrees, Lucios and Torbs. Plus Tracers flag one and Zarys white one. Shit.

R0ckman

I stun Dragonblades a lot with Rein and maybe hook him with hog half the time. I'm sure a McCree stun and Ana sleep are viable too, but there are definitely other viable methods to Genji's ult

Stun is effected by his velocity and movement so if you throw it and hes running wild he will go into the stun animation while flying. Unfortunately as corny as it is stun will have to just stop him dead in his tracks possibly even not start the count down from stun until he lands on the ground.

Hey guys, we're going to have NA PC scrims in the discord a couple of times a week if anyone else would like to join. The dedicated day we have at the moment is Tuesday, as that is when patches will usually run and we can get used to the patch changes together. We haven't worked out the second day to do so, but we will probably either do Friday or Saturday. They will start at about 8 pm est for us.

All are welcome, even other regions if you would like to join. If you would like to join us, either just hop into the discord or add me at Bumbletron#1178 and I'll add you in when they begin if we have room.

cyborg009

Banned
Lv 40 rank with a Lv 60+? Some people do that so they have a low team average to play against people they normally wouldn't get paired up against.

They've already said Zen is getting hit with the nerf bat soon and that they're not done tweaking Mercy so L+M will probably be a viable option again when that happens.

Ah ok cause our team average was 44 while the other team was like 53.

we had 4 level 30's and me 47 and other guy 63.

There's just so many ways Genji ult can go wrong... Lucio/Zen ultra (only positive is that at least you made them use it), Lucio speed boost, Roadhog hook, Zarya bubble that makes you lose precious time, Soldier just speeding out of zone when you don't have dash to track him down, McCree stun, Mei ice wall/cryo-freeze, other characters using their ultras to counter yours, etc...
I mean..... everything you just said can counter a lot of ults.

matmanx1

Hey guys, we're going to have NA PC scrims in the discord a couple of times a week if anyone else would like to join. The dedicated day we have at the moment is Tuesday, as that is when patches will usually run and we can get used to the patch changes together. We haven't worked out the second day to do so, but we will probably either do Friday or Saturday. They will start at about 8 pm est for us.

All are welcome, even other regions if you would like to join. If you would like to join us, either just hop into the discord or add me at Bumbletron#1178 and I'll add you in when they begin if we have room.

Oh? Sounds like fun! I'd like to be a part of that if possible. I will add you and feel free to add me at matmanx1#1920.

Nazo

I've been doing quickplay for a while to try and finally get around to practicing Genji and holy shit, I just can not use his damn ult because there is ALWAYS a god damn Zenny who specifically exists just to stop it. Every. Single. Match. This is the most discouraging shit in the game right now. As if it isn't hard enough to play Genji on console but whenever I see that damn Transcendence I might as well put the controller down If I have my sword out.

Fucking FINALLY got Nihon Genji. I bought one more final set of 11 boxes, that skin was in the fourth or so, and I got a D.Va spray, and every other summer item I got was a duplicate naturally.

At least I don't care too much about the Lucio emote and intro.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4y6dvh/notes_from_aaron_kellermuselk_livestreamed/

Eichenwalde will go on the PTR after Gamescom but before September. The "Early September" is for when it goes live into the normal game rotation.

giphy.gif

Plesiades

It seems that a lot of the new emotes are "laughing" or "sitting on the ground" ones. Watch Blizzard introduce a social space like Destiny :p

Sn4ke_911

Most of the heroes seem to have new emotes.

And that D.VA emote looks so freakin cool.

It's the first ever legendary emote in the game.

Beckx

these nerf rumors from ptr in seagull's stream are out of control

i don't think i can believe them

mercy's heal stream buffed
speed boost nerfed
genji nerfed
discord nerfed
hanzo proj speed buffed
dva defense matrix nerfed

Sn4ke_911

He had that one before, I actually have it on live. I specifically bought it with credits cause it's hilarious. I just love Reaper being an ass.

Oh well i guess then only the sitting and laughing emotes are new.

Edit: New brawl: Girl Power

Plesiades

these nerf rumors from ptr in seagull's stream are out of control

i don't think i can believe them

mercy's heal stream buffed
speed boost nerfed
genji nerfed
discord nerfed

I just checked Lúcio and it seems that the speed boost is slower... maybe it's some placebo effect type of deal after reading that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom