• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Damn, went all in on Genji. Nerfed his mobility, his burst, and his ult. I was just hoping for a bigger double jump hitbox and maybe shorter ult. Curious to see how he does now.

Allied health bars for seemingly all heroes is my favorite change though.

holy crap the legendary emotes cost 1000 currency.
Why not? All the other legendaries are 1k.

Does anyone have a link to the new emotes for other characters by the way? Not going to download PTR.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really hate this mentality.

What's with people's "uuuh my main got nerfed, i switch hero now" mentality?

Seagull just said he doesn't care, he will play Hanzo all day.

Dude, Genji was nerfed for a reason, to balance him so he isn't OP anymore. Why would you stop playing him?

Jellie

curious to see anne's predictions for the new meta if this patch holds

Probably tracer. Lucio's and Zenyatta's nerfs aren't as severe as genji's so should still be viable. Mercy buff also could make choice of supports less locked. Genji players will probably flock to tracer. That's if the changes from PTR make it live.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dude, Genji was nerfed for a reason, to balance him so he isn't OP anymore. Why would you stop playing him?

Why would you insist on playing someone who's nerfed to the ground? What seagull's doing makes perfect sense. He always liked Hanzo and now he can win with Hanzo as well.

It's like when Icefrog gutted Storm Spirit and people insisted on taking him mid and lost horribly. Like, what did you expect? Choosing heroes based on relative strength is reasonable at all levels of play.

xaosslug

Genji

Dash
  • No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap
  • No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap

yes, that was always bullshit.

oxeuc7o.gif

When does season 1 officially end?

Tonight, 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET.

Competitive Points are getting 10x'd on the PTR, but the end of season 1 rewards haven't been 10x'd yet, which are causing lots of PTR folks to miss out on their expected golden guns. Hopefully it will be fixed but we will see.

Sn4ke_911

Why would you insist on playing someone who's nerfed to the ground? What seagull's doing makes perfect sense. He always liked Hanzo and now he can win with Hanzo as well.

It's like when Icefrog nerfed Storm spirit and people insisted on taking him mid and lost horribly because he was gutted. Like, what did you expect?

You think Blizz idea was to nerf Genji so nobody plays him anymore? no, they nerfed him to balance him and make him equal strong to others.

Beckx

i am repeating myself but this thing where "i need healing" gets an auto response of "get your dumb ass over here, then" is the best best best thing

duckroll

There is only one legendary emote that I see so far. The rest of the characters all got normal epic emotes. There are sitting emotes and laughing emotes now. Some characters have a bit more effort than others, but overall it's a good mix. Dva is special.

No new skins yet.

LiK

Tonight, 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET.

Competitive Points are getting 10x'd on the PTR, but the end of season 1 rewards haven't been 10x'd yet, which are causing lots of PTR folks to miss out on their expected golden guns. Hopefully it will be fixed but we will see.

Guess I'll play after work until it's over. Let's all enjoy Sudden Death for the last time.

Alucrid

Banned
You think Blizz idea was to nerf Genji so nobody plays him anymore? no, they nerfed him to balance him and make him equal strong to others.

no, but that doesn't mean that's not what's going to happen. they already reverted the projectile size change they did last patch so...

Grisby

Gonna come back for a full night Overwatch binge. NMS is making me dizzy after an hour or so anyways. Don't think I'm gonna be able to crack 60 though. Just have to be satisfied with my season high of 58 (which I think is respectable for a solo player).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Yes, like how they made Mercy equal to others... oh wait. No, they didn't. She disappeared from the meta!

What they intend is often not what they achieve, at least not immediately.
What does that Roadhog hook change mean? I don't quite get it.

The wording is awful. My interpretation is this:
Chain Hook
If the hooked target isn't in Roadhog's line of sight when retracting the hook, they won't be pulled into Roadhog.
But it could also be this:
Chain Hook
If the hooked target isn't in Roadhog's line of sight when retracting the hook, they will be pulled to where the hook connected with them rather than in front of Roadhog.

Zen got the nerf I was hoping for. Still retaining his tank buster prowess and 30% is still pretty useful along with his ult. Mercy/Zen + Lucio might be an actual choice now.

Apathy

the fuck

Reverted a recent change to reduce size of heroes' projectiles

add the hanzo speed boost to projectiles, wow that's some bull, everything was perfect now we're going back to just a hanzo "who can have the biggest bullshit headshots" meta

Sn4ke_911

Yes, like how they made Mercy equal to others... oh wait. No, they didn't. She disappeared from the meta!

What they intend is often not what they achieve, at least not immediately. If Seagull's down on Genji you can be sure he has a good reason for it. If he's right, it'll probably take 1 or 2 more balance patches for Genji to appear again.

and now she's back!

Ketch

I think the genji nerfs look worse then they actually are. The big ones are the melee cancel and ult duration. Not having Triple jump just penalizes bad play which I'm fine with. Junk rat trap is also annoying, but I don't feel like it happened very often anyway.

They didn't nerf his damage or his cooldowns. Melee cancel is definetly the biggest nerf.

Edit: also shurikens should benefit from the projectile revert.

exYle

Yeah, as someone who always choked using Dragonblade and could never hit the full RMB>Melee>Dash combo consistently, I think I'll still be alright as Genji. The triple jump nerf hurts the most, stops a lot of good flanks (Volskaya A on the left and B on the right come to mind)

Apathy

I think the genji nerfs look worse then they actually are. The big ones are the melee cancel and ult duration. Not having Triple jump just penalizes bad play which I'm fine with. Junk rat trap is also annoying, but I don't feel like it happened very often anyway.

They didn't nerf his damage or his cooldowns. Melee cancel is definetly the biggest nerf.

double jump reset is kinda of big too, I never thought genji was crazy hard. This feels like a console nerf that is affecting PC

Alucrid

Banned

it penalizes genji play period. melee cancel and ult are probably less important since triple jump is utilized all the time, or should be

How exactly did it penalize bad play? It gave Genji tons of unique movement options. Without being able to change his trajectory using walls, double jump is useless. It will just make him a free target for Hanzo and McCree.

LiK

Genji nerf makes his skill ceiling even higher, imo. You need to be more wary with when to use his Ult and not just spam all around before it's over. I'll still try to play him cuz he is pretty hard to fight on consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom