• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AngryMoth

I don't know what Faze is thinking, they are throwing this map purely by not running Solider or McRee and running Phara into said heroes. Edit: :well spoke too soon maybe lol

IbukiLordSA

Wow Blizzard need to work the way they do matchmaking, just played a QP match and these 4 useless idiots quit 20 seconds before the end, as soon as they quit the game put in 4 other players, only to have them lose immediately, I was on the winning team but this should not be happening. Players like that need to be banned, I recorded it and really wish I could name and shame them.

xaosslug

Ok, real talk

Genji strike - 8 seconds (also has passive climb)
Hanzo - passive climb
Pharah jump jet - 10 seconds
Sombra translocator - 6 seconds
Junkrat mine - 8 seconds
DVa boosters - 5 seconds
Rein charge - 10 seconds
Winston jump pack - 6 seconds
Mercy guardian angel - 2 seconds
Widowmaker's slow ass grappling hook that she is literally dead without - 12 seconds

W h y. On top of her being literally dead if she doesn't have it available and gets flanked, it doesn't move her particularly quickly and it also fucks up regularly due to the way it targets things meaning that even if you fire it during a fight you can get fucked. There is literally no reason for her to have 12 seconds of cooldown on one of the worst movement abilities in the game.

because she's never supposed to be in danger (stay super far away, and always change position after a couple of quick kills), and her ult, and venom mine can be used to alert her of any danger.

that said: I see no 'fun' in ha kit whatsoever, and IDK why anyone would 'main' her by choice. -____-

Drek

Yikes, that definitely needs to be fixed.
Had this done by a teammate on Hanamura, was a straight up end of match after we got steamrolled on point A and had to defend B for over 4 minutes. I was playing Rein and was basically fucking rampaging because they couldn't get me below 300 hp even on a good team push.

Nimby

Banned
I think Sym can work all around now, but including Torb limits you a lot. C9 on Gibraltar seems like the exception, Sym + Torb in the server room looked very difficult to actually stop.

EDIT: Mmm Volskaya. Snowballing and stalls. If Faze didn't have nano-blade up again, that would have been really hard for them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Torb and Symmetra comps can snowball into your team reliably having 150 extra HP and boooooooooooooooooooooy do you never die after that.

Tracer with 300 health. Fuck.

I mean you'd have to be really bad to let them setup initially because torb and sym need setup.

Nimby

Banned
If Volskaya doesn't draw, I'll be surprised.

It's pretty easy to tell, offense has no ults after taking the first point = probably won't take the second point.

TrueBlue

I'd be happy just to get 15% accuracy. I'm the worst Widowmaker NA. I have less than an hour played on her.

I think I have less than half an hour. I'm not a sniper kind of man, plus I'm on console.

It helped the enemy team kept walking through the bottleneck.

Antiwhippy

You could also be new and not know all this stuff yet.

That goes for most things though, I was mostly talking about the viability when played against people who knows how to counter it because it's very easily counterable. Torb and sym works best when they have static defensive positioning where they can get setup.

Wow, I actually opened the skins I wanted from this event (Zenyatta and Reaper). Now to decide if I'm going to splurge on something else before its over, or save for whatever comes next.

because she's never supposed to be in danger (stay super far away, and always change position after a couple of quick kills), and her ult, and venom mine can be used to alert her of any danger.

that said: I see no 'fun' in ha kit whatsoever, and IDK why anyone would 'main' her by choice. -____-

Agreed, the most boring hero in Overwatch. Stand in a spot and shoot. No hero interaction. Boring as fuck.

When you lose round 1 but communicate to make a better comp to beat the enemy team the next 3rounds.
👌👌👌👌

Maybe its purely luck with matchmaking but my Diamond games have been so much more team based. People know what they're doing like 8 times outta 10.

I hope i dont jinx anything but platinum and diamond feels almost like a world apart.

Antiwhippy

Agreed, the most boring hero in Overwatch. Stand in a spot and shoot. No hero interaction. Boring as fuck.

Some people find shooting in a shooter fun.

To be less glib, good aiming itself is very satisfying. Even as ana I love picking off pharahs out of the sky (especially when your soldier can't do it...)

This game's ranked matchmaking is a bullshit just like any other competitive games. It constantly putting me against a team that is stacked to hell, this is the fourth time losing straight and the game teamed me up with people with a one star against people with three 4-5 star players and a platinum.

Antiwhippy

Shadowburn should just be genji all the time.

Fuck the tank meta, faze does so much better when they allow shadowburn to go off on genji.

Had a teammate that threw the game because someone picked genji, and still threw after they switched.

Had him next match on the other team, a few others from the previous team was still on my team and we win. Helped that some people kept triggering him.

Remember people, staying toxic and getting triggered is the easiest way to lose games.

I know it's just a mess about but 6v6 No Limits is just stacked with 3 x Symmetra/3 x Torbjorn Defense teams, really weird.

It makes me wonder if the original maps will inform the design of new characters.

Presumably, however it doesn't stop them changing the characters if we see any of them become an issue, therefore causing further problems within map design. It can't really be helped unless they were willing to actively patch maps.

NeoRaider

Why would anyone play No Limits??
It's a fucking disaster! And only shows what kind of MESS QP was before Blizzard limited it with 1 hero per team.

I just got the game and it's taking me over 4 mins average to get in a game.
Is this normal nowadays?
It wasn't that long when I played in the free weekends.

It's taking me around 3 minutes on average to find games these days, I'm not sure why but it's been that bad for a good couple of weeks now I'd say.

Also I can barely see anything on that Youtube stream for the Overwatch match, wish it was on twitch or something.

KHlover

Banned
Had a teammate that threw the game because someone picked genji, and still threw after they switched.

Had him next match on the other team, a few others from the previous team was still on my team and we win. Helped that some people kept triggering him.

Remember people, staying toxic and getting triggered is the easiest way to lose games.

Blizzard should include behaviour PSAs in their loading screens like Riot does with LoL. I don't know if those actually have any effect, but for some reason I enjoy reading those stats on how various forms of toxic behavior impact team performance (and inversely how good behavior increases the performance).

Why would anyone play No Limits??
It's a fucking disaster! And only shows what kind of MESS QP was before Blizzard limited it with 1 hero per team.

Because it's fun to break the game like that. In standard QP you just can't just quite go "fuck that person in particular" like you can with 4 Mei ice walling them while D.Va drops her Ult in. All those Gimmick comps were a lot of fun, if I wanted to play serious comps I'd play Comp. Ultimately I do agree it's probably for the best 6v6 stacked is its own mode now, but it was tons of fun even back when it was regular QP.

Blizzard should include behaviour PSAs in their loading screens like Riot does with LoL. I don't know if those actually have any effect, but for some reason I enjoy reading those stats on how various forms of toxic behavior impact team performance (and inversely how good behavior increases the performance).

Just had a game where everyone was just pumping each other up, at the same time trying to trigger the other team. After having a hard first push to the checkpoint the payload never stopped. Then the next round the other team didn't even reach the gas station.

Mindgames go a long way.

Antiwhippy

Monte is right though. Running genji into carryhook's soldier or taimou's mccree/roadhog is going to be a very hard task.

xaosslug

I mean you'd have to be really bad to let them setup initially because torb and sym need setup.

lmao, not anymore. Symm has all 6 turrets instantly available, and Torb generates scrap automatically now - he doesn't even need to put himself in danger to get it anymore. It's a mess.

Top Bottom