• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sullichin

I still hate fighting against Mei so much. My biggest weakness

Had a game with genji, hanzo and widowmaker, me as lucio as the only healer, and they all refused to change even though we were losing badly in competitive. Maybe us other 3 were too polite. Every time this happens someone will say "i have gold elims" and then they'll be told that it doesn't matter cause we still got wrecked.

matmanx1

Lol you're fine. I have nothing against him really, just been swearing up and down since beta that he is a balance/design problem Blizz committed to. I have been proven right for the last year and don't expect it to change with this patch. I was naive with S2 thinking Ana/Mercy might do it but nah, Lucio too good ;~;

Most people here are probably sick of me going on about it since May :p

Nah you've been right the whole time. Speedbost as a teamwide ability needs to go bye bye and get replaced with something else. Lucio is weak outside of speedboost and until speedboost goes away he will continue to be a relatively boring, weak character.

I'm not sure what to do with Mercy. I like playing as Mercy and I still appreciate having a good one on my team. She's a strong healer and Rez is great but she needs to be able to either do damage or boost damage while healing to stop being a liability.

broken cause it makes the health packs spawn faster?

That and it's denial to the enemy. If there are no healthpacks for your team because they all got hacked it puts more pressure on your healers. At the same time it becomes easier to push or defend a spot that has a 200 healthpack generating faster.

Squire

Banned
Committing any thought to who should be removed is a complete waste of time. The characters themselves are half the appeal. I love to joke, but Mercy isn't being removed, Sym isn't, Mei isn't, no one is. A characters kit will work better or worse, but always be in flux,

It's a stupid talking point, full stop.

caesar

Banned
I've played mystery duel like 20 times and wom every round 5-0, 5-1or 5-2. A lot of people who play this game really cant aim in 1v1 situations.

Blues1990

I would like if Sombra's gun get's a small damage boost, as I'm finding it to be pretty unreliable when I get caught in a firefight.

Prelude.

broken cause it makes the health packs spawn faster?
It lasts too long, can be refreshed before it ends, can't be undone and there's no limit to how many health packs can stay hacked at the same time, so she can effectively remove the entirety of the health packs around a point for the whole match, meaning that the attacking team's only sustenance is its healers.

The sped up respawn isn't great either because it's so fast that any health pack, even a small one, is basically a closer spawn room that you can use to get to full health or even fight on.

Squire

Banned
I would like if Sombra's gun get's a small damage boost, as I'm finding it to be pretty unreliable when I get caught in a firefight.

I could see them reducing the spread before increasing her DPS.

It lasts too long, can be refreshed before it ends, can't be undone and there's no limit to how many health packs can stay hacked at the same time, so she can effectively remove the entirety of the health packs around a point for the whole match, meaning that the attacking team's only sustenance is its healers.

The sped up respawn isn't great either because it's so fast that any health pack, even a small one, is basically a closer spawn room that you can use to get to full health or even fight on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided against nerfing the timer specifically because of how it might up healer pick rates.

The health pack hacking specifically is very interesting because it's not like it's an issue that takes very long to be identified. I get the feeling it's the length it is because they already do very much think it should be. You could argue it's Sombra'a main draw too, since it's the only piece of her kit without a big drawback.

Harbleu said that in the current PTR Dva and Soldier are insta picks and every other tank is well below her. He said there are three legit healers to play (not really Mercy though), Pharah dead, Sombra fun and should fit in, Rein and Zarya will drop a ton, no Lucio on defense a lot of the time, Reaper isn't as good. Said it's weird having two characters being so much better than everyone, and said it's not like a Rein/Lucio situation who just do two really important things that no one else can, this is just pure "Wow we need one because they are so good".

He does think PTR is way more fun overall though, and isn't bummed that it will go through unchanged, loves the ult nerfs.

I for one don't mind a Dva meta, everyone deserves a moment in the sun.

Finally. D.Va meta :)

Prelude.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided against nerfing the timer specifically because of how it might up healer pick rates.

The health pack hacking specifically is very interesting because it's not like it's an issue that takes very long to be identified. I get the feeling it's the length it is because they already do very much think it should be. You could argue it's Sombra'a main draw too, since it's the only piece of her kit without a big drawback.
It breaks one of the fundamental aspects of the game. Every health pack is specifically designed, in its placement and size, to sustain the action and support flankers. With her hacking in its current state all of that goes out the window.

AngryMoth

I'm getting such bad luck recently. After the team makes a semi-decent defence on route 66 we decide to play an attack widow and symettra. First and last game for today

Azoor

I got into a 1v1 match with Widow and I actually got a headshot in the first 5 seconds, I have no idea how I did that, but it feels good.

SvVAp43.gif

DevilDog

I've played mystery duel like 20 times and wom every round 5-0, 5-1or 5-2. A lot of people who play this game really cant aim in 1v1 situations.

People can't aim in this game in general. The Q spamming of ults in this game is way out of control and leaves little room for individual plays.
The game doesn't encourage aim, just spamming in the general direction.

Squire

Banned
It breaks one of the fundamental aspects of the game. Every health pack is specifically designed, in its placement and size, to sustain the action and support flankers. With her hacking in its current state all of that goes out the window.

I think you're making it out to be a bigger epidemic than it is, but we'll see how/if they address it. As usual: consider she's still not even in the live game yet.

If you have a Sombra dedicated to babysitting healthpacks given the hack cooldown, channel time, and having to walk around between healthpacks, she can probably hack 3 at a time, perhaps 4 if they're really close together.
And that's if she only focuses on hacking healthpacks and does not contribute towards anything else.

Prelude.

If you have a Sombra dedicated to babysitting healthpacks given the hack cooldown, channel time, and having to walk around between healthpacks, she can probably hack 3 at a time, perhaps 4 if they're really close together.
And that's if she only focuses on hacking healthpacks and does not contribute towards anything else.
It's super easy with her camo+speed buff and teleporter to jump around between healthpacks, it's way more than 3.

Squire

Banned
If they just made it so that she could only hack one health pack at once and it can be overwritten by enemy Sombras I think it would be fine.

The meta already basically comes down to teams being mirrors of each other, so the last thing they're going to do is explicitly encourage that.

I know they're small, but cooldowns are a thing. It's very unlikely a good Sombra is going to babysit health packs for the whole match. Most people simply aren't going to play like this.

Skii

Just watching Seagull's stream and there are so many cheaters in Korea. Like half of the games had a cheater. He unfortunately had to face one in KOTH and his team still won it (I think both teams agreed to just play it out like a normal match). Basically everyone jumped on the Zarya (cheater) before starting the real engage lol.

Nimby

Banned
Just watching Seagull's stream and there are so many cheaters in Korea. Like half of the games had a cheater. He unfortunately had to face one in KOTH and his team still won it (I think both teams agreed to just play it out like a normal match). Basically everyone jumped on the Zarya (cheater) before starting the real engage lol.

He was apparently a known cheater too. For me, getting caught cheating like that would just burst any reputation I had with the game. You want people to watch the killcam and go "Damn he's good" not "lol he's cheating" which aimbotting is sooooo obvious.

Basically, I still don't understand that mindset since players don't go "wow nice aimbot dude" and mean it literally.

So yeah, this happened the other day...
Overwatch_%20Origins%20Edition_20161107183030_zpsjrdabkmb.png

One of my proudest moments in my whole gaming life :D.
I´m a proof that it is posible to get out from gold only playing in solo queue (PS4), I endured all kinds of defeats and BS, but perseverance payed in the end. Hopefully I can start from a higher rating next season and reach Diamond.

Redmoon

Finally went through my first promo :D. Only took me since launch to do it. Here's to hoping I can do them faster from now on.

matmanx1

I had an idea for Lucio for the future. What if "speedboost" became a passive attribute that worked for Lucio only? Lucio's speed is part of the character and while it shouldn't be a super fast speed (no more Amp it Up because it's passive) he would enjoy increased survivability and mobility (which is already a strong suit of his).

Taking away his team wide speed buff I would buff his main weapon damage a little bit and up the amount that he heals, both passively and with Amp it Up.

It simplifies the character because he no longer has two songs to play, and that may be a bad thing, but it would make him a stronger AoE healer who is even tougher to bring down because of his mobility. Just a thought.

Redmoon

You should try to get through the first 16? before the patch hits.

Just need to get to lvl 120 really. Don't know when the patch hits live, but if its this Tuesday, I'll have around 8 hours free to put into the game till then. Should be enough.

Blues1990

I could see them reducing the spread before increasing her DPS.

I'll be fine with anything. I just want the thing to be a decent weapon, as I can't hack through bullets.

Speaking of which, Blizzard is going out of their way to make Bastion even less viable as a hero. First there was Roadhog's hook, then Ana's dart, & now Sombra's hacking can force Bastion out of turret mode. Does he really need more counters like this? I feel they may have doomed this character's future than they already have.

Jellie

I had an idea for Lucio for the future. What if "speedboost" became a passive attribute that worked for Lucio only? Lucio's speed is part of the character and while it shouldn't be a super fast speed (no more Amp it Up because it's passive) he would enjoy increased survivability and mobility (which is already a strong suit of his).

Taking away his team wide speed buff I would buff his main weapon damage a little bit and up the amount that he heals, both passively and with Amp it Up.

It simplifies the character because he no longer has two songs to play, and that may be a bad thing, but it would make him a stronger AoE healer who is even tougher to bring down because of his mobility. Just a thought.

Might kill his usage since team based speed is the main reason to play him.

Spent most of the weekend learning McCree and Tracer in QP. Didn't realize the Gambler skin and Track and Field skins already have special lines in the game. They're rare, and I think only happen on spawn, but they are in there.

Was hoping for more along the lines of Wolf Hanzo and Mercy's Legendaries. But its still neat.

Blues1990

Am I the only one that love to play as mei?

I like being a Dick and freeze people saying "sorry, sorry" 😁

She's a very potent character, but it all comes down with how smart you are with using Mei's abilities. I personally love using Mei's Ice Wall to combo with a teammate Zarya's Graviton Serge, especially when you can get hilarious results such as this.

So the Dva buffs are effective? I can see with Sombra putting Zarya in check her getting some added boost, but for her to actually be effective? &_&

I don't necessarily want the meta to be based around her, I just want her to not be a bad pick.

Your team loses the first point on Anubis, and the supports (Ana, Mercy) are gold silver elims/damage/healing when you have Junkrat, Pharah, Rein, Zarya as the other teammates...

There's definitely a problem here

MrPanic

So I decided to play some ptr competitive today just to mix things up and really see how Sombra can effect normal matches.

I love playing her on KotH maps, there's something really satisfying about going behind enemy lines and disable the health pack that back-peddlers are probably going for and basically mess their their team up at the choke-point all day.

There's a real delicate balance you gotta keep with her concerning going disruptive and helping the team out in fights. There's probably going to be a night and day difference between good and bad Sombra players, more than most other characters anyway. She's almost like Tjorbjorn in a way where she's really good when you already got the upper hand and almost a liability when your team is struggling, as her ult is really the only effective card she holds to turn a fight around, and that ult requires some good teamwork to be effectively utilized.

It's interesting to see the picks shifted with Sombra in the team. In my experience so far with Sombra as basically a dps/support, instead of having a second heal you get a Soldier as a second dps/support, which definitely seems to have a synergy as the extra damage is needed when Sombra is out denying hp and there's still some soldier healing and hacked health packs around to keep the main support alive. (Soldier is super nice in ptr btw, definitely considering making him a main if he keeps that damage buff)

I definitely warmed up to Sombra now, my initial play test with her left me with a mediocre impression, but giving her a new shot by playing with her and alongside her in some real matches definitely opened my eyes to some good possibilities. Going by the 2gb background update on pc I'm assuming she'll be hitting the real game this Tuesday, so that's gonna be (after the two week noob Sombra period) a lot of fun.

Top Bottom