• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Kudo

Just played my placements and got 2560, is this considered good on PC? I thought it'd be much lower as I haven't played FPS games on PC in many years and I just got the game like 2 weeks ago, played mostly Reaper/Ana/Rein.
Will I be rewarded the competitive points only once season ends? The grind is real for that gold weapon it seems.

Also positively surprised how quiet people are during comp play, didn't meet any toxic people yet.

So yeah, this happened the other day...
Overwatch_%20Origins%20Edition_20161107183030_zpsjrdabkmb.png

One of my proudest moments in my whole gaming life :D.
I´m a proof that it is posible to get out from gold only playing in solo queue (PS4), I endured all kinds of defeats and BS, but perseverance payed in the end. Hopefully I can start from a higher rating next season and reach Diamond.

Good job. It's definitely a feat to achieve that going solo. I tried. But I could only handle so many teams with all the snipers on attack.

eek5

Just played my placements and got 2560, is this considered good on PC? I thought it'd be much lower as I haven't played FPS games on PC in many years and I just got the game like 2 weeks ago, played mostly Reaper/Ana/Rein.
Will I be rewarded the competitive points only once season ends? The grind is real for that gold weapon it seems.

Also positively surprised how quiet people are during comp play, didn't meet any toxic people yet.

2500 is about top 50% so it's pretty good, yeah. Better than half the player base. You get some comp points for wins and draws then the pile at the end of the season.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had an idea for Lucio for the future. What if "speedboost" became a passive attribute that worked for Lucio only? Lucio's speed is part of the character and while it shouldn't be a super fast speed (no more Amp it Up because it's passive) he would enjoy increased survivability and mobility (which is already a strong suit of his).

Taking away his team wide speed buff I would buff his main weapon damage a little bit and up the amount that he heals, both passively and with Amp it Up.

It simplifies the character because he no longer has two songs to play, and that may be a bad thing, but it would make him a stronger AoE healer who is even tougher to bring down because of his mobility. Just a thought.

No one would use him.

I really wish they buffed Lucio's ult speed, I hate it when I predict something and still get killed because the animation is so slow :\

And there's sometimes when I actually use it and still die, just to see the kill cam showing that I was still in mid-air. I don't know if it's lag or something but it's seriously annoying.

Reedirect

So yeah, this happened the other day...
Overwatch_%20Origins%20Edition_20161107183030_zpsjrdabkmb.png

One of my proudest moments in my whole gaming life :D.
I´m a proof that it is posible to get out from gold only playing in solo queue (PS4), I endured all kinds of defeats and BS, but perseverance payed in the end. Hopefully I can start from a higher rating next season and reach Diamond.

Congrats. Getting out of that hellhole on your own is tough, sometimes totally unfair and purely random, but really satisfying.

Kenai

I got gifited this game recently, and is really fun but I only like playing Defense or Support characters (Mei is the best and I will not hear any disagreements to this due to them being wrong). Rather than being one of "those" players is there anything I can do to ease myself into other roles?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Congrats. Getting out of that hellhole on your own is tough, sometimes totally unfair and purely random, but really satisfying.
Oh I disagree, people are just as terrible...then again I'm on XB1. (however I will be trying the free PC weekend to see if my laptop can run it okay-ish.)
I love Twitch chat.

We've gone from 'NA Ult' to 'Hillary Ult'

Truly where memes are born.
...but why?...what does that even mean??

I got gifited this game recently, and is really fun but I only like playing Defense or Support characters (Mei is the best and I will not hear any disagreements to this due to them being wrong). Rather than being one of "those" players is there anything I can do to ease myself into others roles?

Mei is my favorite, but a close second is Winston. He takes some getting used to and some experience to know when to use him, but in the right situation I do far more damage with him than I do with Mei. For attack characters, try Soldier 76, sure he's generic call of duty guy, but he's also pretty easy to use. He's the only offense character I use with any any regularity, hoping Sombra will change that.

KillGore

Fuck, I'm almost reaching 3,000 points to buy my golden weapon, the thing is, my main is Mei and no victory pose shows her gun :( I didn't realize this until now. Wtf.

Also, will there ever be other special weapons other than golden ones? They should really do something like "Glass weapons" or "Diamond Weapons". Obviously they would shine just like golden guns.

Pooya

We also don't know if all the changes from the PTR are going live. We're kinda flying blind into Tuesday

they posted on the forum that almost everything goes to live.

and if you ask me the game is screwed.

They're just making their game less and less fun. First it was Ana, now this pos. Disables and stuns in a FPS is garbage and annoying, what existed in the game was enough already. If this is their idea of future hero design, the game is screwed. Two heroes back to back with stuns and disables that you better have on your team or else, good luck.

Oh I disagree, people are just as terrible...then again I'm on XB1. (however I will be trying the free PC weekend to see if my laptop can run it okay-ish.)

...but why?...what does that even mean??
It's when it's a bad ult. NA because we suck compared to EU and Asia. And Hillary because, well...

It's just funny to see chat explode, it's not funny when one person says it, but when everyone does I love it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuck, I'm almost reaching 3,000 points to buy my golden weapon, the thing is, my main is Mei and no victory pose shows her gun :( I didn't realize this until now. Wtf.

Also, will there ever be other special weapons other than golden ones? They should really do something like "Glass weapons" or "Diamond Weapons". Obviously they would shine just like golden guns.

Super soaker weapon for mei please.

Dreavus

I got gifited this game recently, and is really fun but I only like playing Defense or Support characters (Mei is the best and I will not hear any disagreements to this due to them being wrong). Rather than being one of "those" players is there anything I can do to ease myself into other roles?

It's not a huge deal to need to play everything, even in competitive. Just choose your character early, and if that fails, just mention your win rate isn't great with [role] to your team and many times people will swap with you.

Otherwise just play different guys in Quick play where there isn't as much "on the line". Tank characters like Rein and Zarya (+ D.Va sometimes) play a central role to whatever core of your team is pushing an objective so they might be good ones to move to next (you're just in front of the support now instead of playing the support). The flankers take a different mindset but it just requires practice.

Owzers

Stunned but strangely aroused?
Not exactly how I would describe it, is that what Reins pins do? To think all this time, so many pins, all the overwatch characters wildly jumping down on people...

After the Torb buff happens I am giving up on Rein to give my teammates the defender they deserve and demand.

Kiro

I can't wait until Sombra comes out. I only play zenyatta because of my damn compulsion to get the platinum so I'm feeling pretty burnt out. But when sombra comes I'll have a reason to pick her over zen (at least until I get her's too).

Watched some gameplay videos of her, she looks super fun.

antitrop

It takes about 100-120 hours of Competitive to get enough CP for a gold gun, not counting post-season rewards.

So yeah, it's real alright.

BeesEight

You know, I hadn't really heard any online harassment for a long time. Just quit my first game of Overwatch because the two Hanzos on my team starting arguing over who should swap off and it just immediately broke down into "Trump's America. Get out of here you fucking faggot."

My interest in Sombra has been deflated.

Was playing Overwatch on PS4 as Genji and I was fighting some enemies while an ally Mercy was supporting me. After I defeat the baddies I hear Mercy say "Genji no! I was too late..." for the first time! It was pretty cool! I love hearing the interactions between Genji and Mercy.

Actually gotten gold elims as Ana on Volskaya and won the match. I feel happy with that performance.

Gold elims, gold healing (25% of dmg healed), silver obj time. Clutch sleep darts all match.

KraytarJ

Just played one of the weirdest QP matches on PS4, was defending and with less than a minute to go the other team had 2 snipers nowhere near the cart and a McCree and Junkrat trying to flank but they were trying this near our spawn and nowhere near the cart. So basically Winston and Symmetra were trying to push alone.

Astral

The only character I do any good with seems to be D.Va. Her decent survivability lets me flank more comfortably and I can also stick with the team and gang up on people for some nice kills. Everyone else I try doesn't click though. I love Pharah but I can't aim her rockets for shit lol. With Tracer I feel too squishy. I feel too slow and helpless with Reinhardt. I can't snipe. I'm getting a little better with Mei at least. I just get bored of using D.Va all the time but don't wanna be a detriment to the team when I feel like switching or have to switch.

Owzers

You know, I hadn't really heard any online harassment for a long time. Just quit my first game of Overwatch because the two Hanzos on my team starting arguing over who should swap off and it just immediately broke down into "Trump's America. Get out of here you fucking faggot."

My interest in Sombra has been deflated.
Don't let a bad game get you down, next time there will only be one Hanzo main so they won't say horrible things until the game starts going poorly and they blame you and things will be...

Play in groups, it's the only solution.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just dinged 100.

Is it Tuesday's update that makes easy loot boxes a thing of the past on levels 1-??

In other words, should I play a bunch tomorrow night?

Also, I rarely ever play sniper - but decided to fuck around with Hanzo.

Fucking 29 and 0. Headshot after headshot after headshot. I was pissing the ever-living shit out of the WM on their team. I felt absolutely unstoppable. Great game to end the night.

Anne

I mean Soldier beign good isn't a death sentence for Pharah. Pharah probably goes close to even on Soldier and slight disadvantage on McCree. Feel bad for her because of the knockback nerf.

Cappa

Banned
The GAF group effect™ (2800 to 3200 in one weekend) Seriously though great games Owzers and crew, some of the most fun I've had with this game.

x2

Owzers and Cappa are now diamond :D

There's just no comparison to soloQ, so much more fun.

Yep, thank you guys for finally getting me to Diamond, I was forever stuck in 2600s. lol

I dont think I will ever talk bad about a hero ever again, especially Junkrat who gets a lot of shit especially when hes picked on Attack. Our 6 stack(mostly gaffers) one of our teammates was always Junkrat on Attack and Defense. The guy I dont think is a gaffer, and he speaks little English but man he is easily the best Junkrat Ive seen. He has single handedly saved our team plenty of games with killer Rip-Tire kills.

On attack hes like our main DPS going into positions I never thought a Junkrat could. This is why I never complain about hero picks anymore.

Am I the only one that love to play as mei?

I like being a Dick and freeze people saying "sorry, sorry" ��

Nope, Im addicted to Mei. Play her on Attack and Defense. Its made me worse with other heroes though since I play her so much. Now when I pick other heroes who I was usually really good with like Soldier, Dva, Zarya etc I usually suck. :(

Top Bottom