• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

PS4 player here but damn watching the PS4 really highlights the how much slower the game is on console, looks painfully slow compared to PC matches. Makes me more inclined to jump the gun and buy and good PC :p

ohkay

It's really baffling how much the game discourages solo queuing. I just got placed with a 5 stack on Eichenwalde attack, despite our attack Junkrat and the insane overtime defense 30cm from the end, the game rewarded me with 22 points, when, if I duo queue, I can get 30-35. I'm so close to diamond that I can't basically play unless I have someone else to play with.
I generally get more when I solo queue (and lose less), but that might be because I normally play with my friend who is lower in rating than me

komaruR

I've been playing with 100/100 for a while now, long before Dual-Zone was ever implemented.

It feels incredibly slow compared to every other console shooter. I thought something was wrong with my controller when I came back after playing Titanfall.
are you saying you're godly with in aiming in ow ps4 now?!
:p
I used to play on 50/40 and I felt that it lacked precision for my projectile heroes. I just can't comprehend how you can stay precise with headshots at 100/100. The deadzones alone with a controller makes me feel like it can't be great. But if all the top console players do it, clearly it works.

I definitely want to see how someone good plays with 100/100

I can still do some sick hs with hanzo on 70/70
thanks to tree trunk and auto-aim :p
I do have problem when people moving too fast and pharah always try to be right above you. aim straight up [kinda x=0,y=inf, z=0 coordinate] is really hard and with projectile its near impossible for me. if the enemy pharah does that often to me, il just put on my serious pants and go mccree to take them out of the sky lol.

Prelude.

I generally get more when I solo queue (and lose less), but that might be because I normally play with my friend who is lower in rating than me
When I queue with similar/slightly higher ranked players, yeah. If I queue with people 400-500SR lower than me, I don't get a lot either.

Nimby

Banned
i'l say best just save a bit more for a gtx 960m atleast. think they should be around $700 range too or lower during blackfriday.

What laptop would you recommend? I think it's worth it too, i5/940mx seems to drop to 50 pretty frequently on low at 720p. Definitely want a stable 60fps.

Skii

Just played a couple of games on mystery hero and I did some cyberbullying with Reaper.

We were getting steamrolled on Kings row by the attacking team and I switch into Reaper, I had 3 death blossoms in 3 minutes with 2 of them being quadruple kills. I felt bad for the opposing team lol.

Kevyt

Anyone wanna start a GAF comp group?

I'm just trying to get out of this ~2000 SR solo queue hell.

I main Mccree and I'm pretty solid DPS, also play Zarya, Ana and whatever role is needed.

Feel free to hit me up, Nekrono#1620

I'm on PC and NA btw.

Sure! I would love to. I'm looking for individuals that want to do ranked.

Currently, I'm sitting at like ~2500 SR.

Sent friend request. Name same as in gaf

It probably would have actually been best to lower it for some characters, but I don't feel like thinking that hard. I figure it just offers the most potential, even if I'll never actually be good enough to fully utilize it.
If you ever wondered why you can't hit people right in front of you with Ana. :p

Kevyt

Hmm... all this talk about DPI sensitivity has me wondering if maybe I am doing it wrong?

I have 1600 DPI with 7 in game sensitivity. It feels really good for playing Ana, since that is what I've been playing mostly recently.

What's the best place to find people who have the patience to help with getting the Oni Genji skin??? I had no idea it was a thing til today. I'm not sure if HotSGAF are too busy helping others so I want to see if there are others.

DevilDog

What's up with cheaters in S.Korea? What do you accomplish when everyone clearly knows you're aimbotting?

Feeling better about yourself. It may sound cringy but it is what it is, people take videogames very seriously over there.

What's the best place to find people who have the patience to help with getting the Oni Genji skin??? I had no idea it was a thing til today. I'm not sure if HotSGAF are too busy helping others so I want to see if there are others.
DevilDog#2294

It starts in 2 days however.

Feeling better about yourself. It may sound cringy but it is what it is, people take videogames very seriously over there.

DevilDog#2294

It starts in 2 days however.
Oh really? Nice! I thought it was already happening.

Also, thanks! I never played HotS so I don't know own if that changes things.

maomaoIYP

I've been playing with 100/100 for a while now, long before Dual-Zone was ever implemented.

It feels incredibly slow compared to every other console shooter. I thought something was wrong with my controller when I came back after playing Titanfall.

I used to play on 50/40 and I felt that it lacked precision for my projectile heroes. I just can't comprehend how you can stay precise with headshots at 100/100. The deadzones alone with a controller makes me feel like it can't be great. But if all the top console players do it, clearly it works.

I definitely want to see how someone good plays with 100/100
Honestly though, you should stick with a sensitivity that you're completely comfortable with. What the exact values are don't matter all that much. I play 25/15, I solo queue and I do just fine.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Gotcha.

Also, I'm trying 480 DPI with 7 in game sensitivity. It's awful...

I don't know how pros do it.

It's definitely worthwhile to at least try to learn low sens because of the potential benefits (fine adjustments, easier tracking, aiming at long range targets, etc.).

Though pros usually have pretty big mousepads so that they have the room to flick/180 even with low sens.

Also it's better to adjust your in-game sens and keep your mouse at a high/your mouse's native DPI or else you might get pixel skipping.

Nekrono

Gotcha.

Also, I'm trying 480 DPI with 7 in game sensitivity. It's awful...

I don't know how pros do it.

I think only iddq uses that, most use 800 dpi 6

It's definitely worthwhile to at least try to learn low sens because of the potential benefits (fine adjustments, easier tracking, aiming at long range targets, etc.).

Though pros usually have pretty big mousepads so that they have the room to flick/180 even with low sens.

Also it's better to adjust your in-game sens and keep your mouse at a high/your mouse's native DPI or else you might get pixel skipping.

I'm using 5.20 sens in game and 800 DPI with a Logitech G Pro and a QCK Heavy mousepad.

I'm not sure what 480 DPI and 7 in game translates to in cm but my setup is 33cm/360.

It's all a matter of practice and constantly adjusting it until you find your sweetspot. When OW came out I was playing at around 1700 DPI and 8 sens in game and have been slowly progressing my way down until my current settings and I can definitely say it was well worth it, I'm much much MUCH better at aiming now.

FYI pro gamers average cm per 360 in OW is 34.6 according to this.

Ramirez

That definitely doesn't sound normal. Did your team have a disagreement or something in chat that led him to troll?

There was only 2 in chat, and the other team got it to the end in OT, it was a decent defense by all accounts. I dunno, people just live to age me in this game.

Ramirez

I think it would be cool as a solo player, if it kept your team together until you lost or someone opted out. I have so many matches where people just flip flop teams every other match and we're just trading wins/losses, heh.

Nekrono

I think it would be cool as a solo player, if it kept your team together until you lost or someone opted out. I have so many matches where people just flip flop teams every other match and we're just trading wins/losses, heh.

I've been wishing for some sort of "check this box to stay in this group" at the score screen in the end for a while now.

It would alleviate a little these solo queue pains.

Danj

Fuck, I had no idea that there's an omnic slum beneath the final payload destination in King's Row.

Fuck, I had no idea said payload was an EMP that would kill all those omnics.

Fuck.

If you play Junkrat on that map he even tells you about it. "So we're delivering a bomb to scrap some bots and I'm getting paid for it... my kinda job".

komaruR

What laptop would you recommend? I think it's worth it too, i5/940mx seems to drop to 50 pretty frequently on low at 720p. Definitely want a stable 60fps.

https://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-7416/index.html#p=3 those 960m laptops are all within $700s
even the 940mx you mention have laptop lower than the one you posted from amazon
page says those deals start on Nov. 21
probably some other site might have similar deals when near bf too

Does matchmaking lock you to your region?

Also had the best push on Hanamura for my 490th last night. We won in 64 seconds and some of their people didn't even get to respawn.

Anne

Sombra is pretty cool. She can force people to make really hard decisions. That seems pretty good in most scenarios.

Skii

Sombra is pretty cool. She can force people to make really hard decisions. That seems pretty good in most scenarios.

The fact that she can force the Zarya bubble is amazing really. You either hack and kill Ana or Zarya bubbles her meaning she doesn't have it when the fight starts.

Anne

The fact that she can force the Zarya bubble is amazing really. You either hack and kill Ana or Zarya bubbles her meaning she doesn't have it when the fight starts.

There's a lot more to it than that even. She's really interesting, I want to see how far people can push her mind games. If I'm right about how some of her abilities work she'll be mad good at setting up fights.

Also, since you mentioned Ana, I think she is p awful on PTR atm :T Blizzard went really ham on those nerfs.

So much is changing that its hard to predict things, but that is one I'm thinking pretty heavily about. Note by awful I don't mean removed from meta entirely(lol ranged burst healing), but boy is her ult impact lower. Idk how I feel about that yet. It makes sense because I tend to believe supports have too much impact atm, but Idk how I feel about flat nuking something to keep it in line. Except Lucio. Nuke Lucio.

Monster Zero

There's a lot more to it than that even. She's really interesting, I want to see how far people can push her mind games. If I'm right about how some of her abilities work she'll be mad good at setting up fights.

Also, since you mentioned Ana, I think she is p awful on PTR atm :T Blizzard went really ham on those nerfs.

So much is changing that its hard to predict things, but that is one I'm thinking pretty heavily about. Note by awful I don't mean removed from meta entirely(lol ranged burst healing), but boy is her ult impact lower. Idk how I feel about that yet. It makes sense because I tend to believe supports have too much impact atm, but Idk how I feel about flat nuking something to keep it in line. Except Lucio. Nuke Lucio.

How dare you

Monster Zero

You must be new around here lol

I'm a casual lurker with a boner for Lucio, just look at this hoodie

61SwBqV.jpg

I'll only forgive if it's sarcasm, otherwise we fightin

Anne

I'm a casual lurker with a boner for Lucio, just look at this hoodie

I'll only forgive if it's sarcasm, otherwise we fightin

Lol you're fine. I have nothing against him really, just been swearing up and down since beta that he is a balance/design problem Blizz committed to. I have been proven right for the last year and don't expect it to change with this patch. I was naive with S2 thinking Ana/Mercy might do it but nah, Lucio too good ;~;

Most people here are probably sick of me going on about it since May :p

Top Bottom