• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

Hopefully we'll get some reasonably competitive games in the world cup today, seems they scheduled it so that the best 2 teams in each group all play each other today

Fancolors

I won't be able to watch till vods later, but I'm guessing Canada will be fine because Surefour and the US vs Russia match will be hype.

A win is a win right? You died so that they might live!

Yeah - but it's just frustrating to the point of laughing about it since I know I'm capable of contributing more, especially when I'm on a good team. And then my SR goes up a piddly 16 because my stats were shitty despite my team being awesome. Ah well. Much rather have that than a shitty team where I'm the best but we still fail!

AngryMoth

Was worried it was gonna be another stomp after map 1 but that was an awesome game on Anubis. Is this the first match of the tournament to go to game 3?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Was worried it was gonna be another stomp after map 1 but that was an awesome game on Anubis. Is this the first match of the tournament to go to game 3?

Thailand's matches always went to last round on map 3. By far the most entertaining games from the previous days.

Bromas tho

whoo.png

This is odd timing but it looks like Pookz and Gods are stepping down from NRG. They are being replaced by Clockwork and Numlocked. Numlocked will be the new shot caller for NRG.

This is odd timing but it looks like Pookz and Gods are stepping down from NRG. They are being replaced by Clockwork and Numlocked. Numlocked will be the new shot caller for NRG.

Damn Clockwork is a pretty damn good dps player from what ive seen but gonna be sad to see Gods go.

Really i think NRG need better Tanks so Seagull doesnt have to constantly flex into that role.

Edit:
Ey i didnt realise numlocked was primary tank player just searched up this is good.

Gods was just too inconsistent. Sometimes he would hit 100% of his shots and you'd swear he was botting, and then sometimes he'd just walk into the fray and feed for no good reason. I don't think Clockwork will hit the same highs, but he will drastically raise the floor on their DPS play and that's going to be very good for NRG.

I didn't think that Pookz was the problem on that team, but you don't get to hear the team comms (which is a shame, IMO), so maybe he was holding them back in ways that you can't really see on stream.

What is the reasoning for that? Only having 1 KotH map in the pool sucks. Is this for the knockout stage too?

They may have limited the map pool to give people enough time to practice as a team and develop strategies without having to worry about too many variables. 1 more KOTH map would have been nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom