• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SD only killed our lucio and reaper.

The graviton gotten a riptire, rein, dva, lucio, ana

Both were on the payload. Only difference was the Dva one was right before the checkpoint.

Maybe they changed the potg weight somewhere again like how Mercy would get potg for single res?

The SD only killed our lucio and reaper.

The graviton gotten a riptire, rein, dva, lucio, ana

Both were on the payload. Only difference was the Dva one was right before the checkpoint.

Maybe they changed the potg weight somewhere again like how Mercy would get potg for single res?

It's possible those enemies weren't at full health or were damaged by someone else at the same time.

D.Va also could have shutdown an ult without it being super apparent

I could see Blizzard making a short about the conflict between Lucio and Symmetra, maybe even the revolution.

I really hope they do. That plotline is one of the most interesting ones to me because I find both characters interesting, and I always liked the greedy corporation oppressing people who fight for their freedom plots.
Plus, both characters have some glowy stuff which could make a visually stunning short.

I wanna see an Australian map. Loads of landmarks/cities they could use, assuming they resist the urge to go all Mad Max on us.

A moonbase sounds great as well.

If we get an Australia map (which is likely, Blizzard said they wanted to do one after all), it's very likely going to be Junker themed, rather than Sydney or something.

I also expect more of the old Overwatch bases to be added (Watchpoints Grand Mesa and Antarctica in particular to give 76 and Mei a "home map" seems very possible).

Would love a Horizon base, though I wonder how they'd depict the berserking gorillas. :p

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's possible those enemies weren't at full health or were damaged by someone else at the same time.

D.Va also could have shutdown an ult without it being super apparent

Yesterday, a DVA got a quad or quintuple on point, (mei froze everyone) and POTG went to me as Genji, killing 4, pretty much 100 to 0, and then capping the point. I think capping the point is getting a lot of extra bonus to POTG/M.

Also, the DVA was super salty.

xaosslug

How does a 2 person kill self destruct beat a graviton+barrage quad kill for POTG?

was it a lifesaver? I've gotten Lifesaver PotG's from killing Rein as he's charging or about to charge someone, for instance. It depends, like were the 2 kills on fire? If they were doing a lot in the match also, I think the game factors that in somehow.

TrueBlue

If we get an Australia map (which is likely, Blizzard said they wanted to do one after all), it's very likely going to be Junker themed, rather than Sydney or something.

I'm down for that. I imagine it'd be some sort of scrapheap, or maybe a derelict plant that produces explosives or something.

I also expect more of the old Overwatch bases to be added (Watchpoints Grand Mesa and Antarctica in particular to give 76 and Mei a "home map" seems very possible).

Would love a Horizon base, though I wonder how they'd depict the berserking gorillas. :p

Antarctica would be a sight to see. I would like to see something from the Caribbean as well.

zoukka

No lies: I bought 2 lootboxes last night to get 3000 gold and buy the Roadhog skin...

When I opened them the clock was 12:00 and the boxes were fucking normal and I couldn't buy it anymore.

In other news, I finally decided to add Reaper to my list of playable characters. So far I'm off to a good start.

ZjReMGy.png

No lies: I bought 2 lootboxes last night to get 3000 gold and buy the Roadhog skin...

When I opened them the clock was 12:00 and the boxes were fucking normal and I couldn't buy it anymore.

If you bought / earned pumpkin boxes before the event ended then they would still be pumpkins. I've got some waiting to be opened.....

I'm down for that. I imagine it'd be some sort of scrapheap, or maybe a derelict plant that produces explosives or something.

Antarctica would be a sight to see. I would like to see something from the Caribbean as well.

Maps I think are likely/possible currently:
USA: Seattle, possibly Watchpoint: Grand Mesa and/or the Detroit Omnium
Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, very likely the Vishkar development in particular
France: Paris - perhaps some base for Talon?
Sweden: Ironclad Guild HQ
Switzerland: Ruins of Overwatch HQ; maaaaaybe the hospital Mercy used to work at
Australia: Junker Town and/or Outback Omnium
Korea: No idea, to be honest, but Korea definitely is on the cards
India: Vishkar HQ/Architech Academy, or Utopaea (which is the most significant Vishkar development)
Other locations: Watchpoint Antarctica, Horizon Moonbase
Unlikely but possible: Siberian Omnium

I believe Watchpoint Antarctica is very likely to happen because they already have assets for an Overwatch base in an icy location, as the training range seems to be in fact located in Antarctica.

Also, not sure if this is any indication, but there's the Watchpoint overview map on the initial Gibraltar attack spawn, and there's some interesting locations beyond the ones we already know existed.
Note that Grand Mesa does not seem to be on this map, so it seems likely that not all Watchpoints are marked on it. Neither is the Overwatch HQ in Switzerland.
However, there's markers in Canada, US West Coast (could be Seattle?), what seems to be Bolivia, Argentina, Chad, Madagascar, China (though the Southern one might already be in one of the countries South East of it; the marker placement seems to be a bit sloppy if Gibraltar is anything to go by), and Papua-New Guinea, as well as Antarctica, Hawaii and somewhere in Siberia. I doubt all of these locations will be in the game, I don't even think most of them are going to be, but there's certainly some locations that are quite possible.

By the way, the fact Blizzard tied Bastion into Eichenwalde was a stroke of genius. This way, they don't need to give him a map and can just use Reinhardt's as the "home location". :p

Greddleok

Eeeek!
Just hit 2900. Then came across a legit good team, which I assume was full of twinks. All low level. All diamond.

They destroyed us. Still, so close!

I would be down for a moonbase map ONLY if it does not have a shitty low gravity gimmick.

I agree. Though I think a low gravity gimmick would be really difficult to implement anyway given the various movement mechanics. They would have to figure out a way to handle knockback from various attacks, along with the mobility options for like half of the cast.

Moonkeis

McCree on my team, spamming for heals when I'm the only support (Lucio) since 4 DPS seems to be ideal for Defense (not). "Can we get a better healer?". This is the kind of crap that triggers me and just makes me face palm. DPS players that don't back off to grab a health back or run to their healer, just feeding instead.

I did end up switching to Mercy towards to end, and of course as the only healer, I'm constantly getting targeted with the same player bitching about heals.

Chance

I've noticed many McCree players like to spam they need heals. Probably more than Reapers.

Well they're one of only 2 offense without a way to self heal (biotic field, soul eater, rewind). I hear it a lot from Pharah and Junkrat too.

Had a team where everyone managed to pick a dive comp for eichenwalde on attack. Claimed the first point immediately but was barely able to move the payload afterwards. Got stopped right in front of the door of the 2nd point. My Dva was silver elims/dmg and our Winston had gold. Also didn't help that our Mercy sat on a res the whole time and didn't use it...Damn people thinking 3+ res is the only way to res.

On defense it was only when the enemy payload was on the bridge when our DPS finally started producing. And managed to get the win.

But really...too many people think going DPS is a light choice. If you're going DPS you got to get those elims and damage.

LiK

Well they're one of only 2 offense without a way to self heal (biotic field, soul eater, rewind). I hear it a lot from Pharah and Junkrat too.

Spamming heals is unnecessary. imo. The prompts show up so if the healer can't make it then just retreat and look for heal packs.

Chance

Spamming heals is unnecessary. imo. The prompts show up so if the healer can't make it then just retreat and look for heal packs.

Yeah, when you need heals, walk up to the support and get in their line of sight - and if it's an Ana, stand still!

LiK

Yeah, when you need heals, walk up to the support and get in their line of sight - and if it's an Ana, stand still!

Yea, if there's an Ana trying to heal me, I would just stand still for a few seconds to let her shoot me a few times. I'm on PS4 so it's extra important just to help her out.

Highest lvl I've seen so far. What level is that?

Definitely was just fooling around as the hanzo too since we lost horribly and he didn't make any kills...he's a Master rank.

And that reaper said he likes techno music...surefire sign of being doomed.

It literally took all season....Solo and duo-queuing this season has been horrendous for the most part.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14938136_10155388123653662_3603112502510732505_n.jpg?oh=db635ba4e88155f91d9a89dbdf00e196&oe=58CDCB3F[IMG][/QUOTE]

Congrats!

[quote="Kor of Memory, post: 222630587"]Congrats. You're probably super close to Top 500. :D[/QUOTE]

If he's from America region, not really.

Optimus is at low 3700 and still didn't crack top 500. Last time I checked the nº 500 player was at 377X I think. Slightly lower on Europe.

eek5

I don't mind it too much because of the context messages. I can target the heal circle above their head and tell them to group up with me to get heals. It is pretty annoying when I'm lucio and they do it or I'm mercy/zen and they spam it and refuse to come into my LoS for heals. Cool you need heals just keep being hidden above me with no way for me to get to you.

I try not to read too much into voice lines since there isn't a ton of context there. When they spill the heal spamming into chat complaining about me not healing them when they're flanking behind enemy lines and I'm by the objective the whole game they can go fuck themselves.

Congrats!

If he's from America region, not really.

Optimus is at low 3700 and still didn't crack top 500. Last time I checked the nº 500 player was at 377X I think. Slightly lower on Europe.

You got top 500 at 3598? Dafuq??? I thought Top 500 starts from high 3700s on PSN?

Edit: Oh, different regions.

I'm in the US.

As I understand it, the Top 500 rankings aren't necessarily related to the SR of each player.

I actually got my Top 500 before I even hit 3500.

Otherwise if you looked at the Top 500 leaderboard, all their SRs would be pretty much in order from highest, to lowest, but it's kind of a scattered mess.

To dwell some more on the maps: I don't think Lijiang Tower "belongs" to Mei, and is likely going to be the home map for Liao, whenever they are released.
I'm also not sure if Temple of Anubis is considered Ana's map (alongside being Pharah's).
And I reallllly wanna know more about Zarya. Currently beyond her being Russian military, and Volskaya's involvement in defending Russia from the Second Omnic Crisis, there's no overlap between the character and the map. I wonder if she has some ties to Volskaya, or something happens there.

Not getting healed while playing Reinhardt really sucks though. I wish healers like Ana, Mercy, Zen always prioritize him, since he's there to prevent the damage from being even worse.

I'm in the US.

As I understand it, the Top 500 rankings aren't necessarily related to the SR of each player.

Otherwise if you looked at the Top 500 leaderboard, all their SRs would be pretty much in order from highest, to lowest, but it's kind of a scattered mess.

Never noticed this since I generally only see the last page.

Chance

Not getting healed while playing Reinhardt really sucks though. I wish healers like Ana, Mercy, Zen always prioritize him, since he's there to prevent the damage from being even worse.

Never noticed this since I generally only see the last page.

Rein and Zarya are the only tanks I'll solo rez. If they're puttin' in work, that is. A dps goes down?

Shit happens.

A capable Rein dies? He's coming back now, or we're losing this defense.

I-hate-u

I'm in the US.

Weird. So what makes people get the top 500 icon?

AbaFadi

Banned
Just so you guys know, top 500 is currently high 3700s right now in America. When the leaderboard first came out, it was around 3450. So it was possible to hit top 500 earlier when the leaderboards came out. On someone's career profile page it can show they were top 500 at 3560 for example as a season high. This just means they were top 500 at some point, and not currently top 500.

AngryMoth

It's such bullshit when you take point A on first push and then the match gets cancelled because some asshole on the other team quit

It's such bullshit when you take point A on first push and then the match gets cancelled because some asshole on the other team quit

I've solo queue'd and ran into people who were smart enough to counter this. Like, we charged Numbani so fast and won the first skirmish, but they called out over the Mic to not actually cap the point yet. Just head to the respawn lanes and fend them off for about 20 more seconds.

No idea if it mattered, but I can say I've been lucky enough that this has never happened to me.

xaosslug

some players will do some questionable shit to take you out. I had a Roadhog literally jump off the side on Ilios and TRY (he missed) to hook me w/ him. xD

To dwell some more on the maps: I don't think Lijiang Tower "belongs" to Mei, and is likely going to be the home map for Liao, whenever they are released.
I'm also not sure if Temple of Anubis is considered Ana's map (alongside being Pharah's).
And I reallllly wanna know more about Zarya. Currently beyond her being Russian military, and Volskaya's involvement in defending Russia from the Second Omnic Crisis, there's no overlap between the character and the map. I wonder if she has some ties to Volskaya, or something happens there.

Oh, I like your ideas about Mei/Liao and Zarya. And we might have answers soon, too, with the First Strike graphic novel out sometime this month and Sombra apparently moving on to Volskaya.

some players will do some questionable shit to take you out. I had a Roadhog literally jump off the side on Ilios and TRY (he missed) to hook me w/ him. xD

I did this once to a DVa on the Sanctum/Nepal map. Because we were in overtime, and I knew she had to have her Ult ready.

We ended up winning the round, so I have no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom