• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Owzers

WTF? I don't know about all that, I mean ND should be the hard carry!

How are you not all in diamond yet is the real question. You guys are all at minimum low/mid diamond skill level players. Are you guys solo-queuing to death?

ScrubTactician
We used to play with ND and now all we get is Ned.

Why not? You can do it for pretty much any multi-player game on pc. What reasoning do you give against it besides lag?

Hell, even rocket league on console lets you do it.

And I loathe every high ping player missing the easiest of shots/saves.

Not fun playing against laggy players either, especially with the client side hit detection most games have these days, they get to shoot you after they should be dead.

ohkay

I need to get a second account for the next season I think.
Even tho I finally hit diamond on my main account the other day (placed ~2450), I was able to stroll into diamond on my alt last night with like 10 games into the season, after placing low 2800s and only doing placements last season. The fresh elo start helps

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some people really don't pay attention to it or maybe it's not even on for them. It's so useful.
Explains why I always hear "wait, where did everybody go???"
I'm convinced most gaming keyboards just don't come with a tab button because no one checks for ults and respawn timers. Gaming monitors must not come with a top right screen either.
Explains why I always hear "what, why do we have only one tank/healer??"

Cappa

Banned

How are you not all in diamond yet is the real question. You guys are all at minimum low/mid diamond skill level players. Are you guys solo-queuing to death?

ScrubTactician
I've solo queued to low platinum this season has been a disaster. Was in the 3400s until Orisa came out and have dropped to 2700s since no idea why either.

It's settled. ND only plays Torb, Owzers only plays Rein and jam86 only plays Zarya from now on.

I'm fine with this.

If I could play Torb more often we all would be masters by now.

We just have to put our faith in the turret.

We used to play with ND and now all we get is Ned.

313m3x4.gif~c200

I'm going to make an ass out of myself and probably have some people call me elitist as hell, but this is why the Mercy main stereotype thing gets around. Name withheld.

This person was /terrible/ for somebody that was in a GM/T500 game with pros about. Like they played Mercy and stood perfectly in the middle of the capture point during fights just casually walking around status. They had to ask before every rez status. GA into Graviton status. There is improvement to be made, but to be made that fast and then show the skills of a plat player? That's a stretch.

This person ended up winning this game btw. Between me and a Pharah going all out we reverse swept on koth to win. This person was very clearly actually boosted by a friend or service using Dynamic Queue, but they can just pick Mercy and pray to god they get carried through matches.

Again, I've played with good Mercy players here before (AJ and Antitrop are both fire), but there are tons of Mercy players at this elo that are hot garbage boosted ass animals who just try and hold onto M1 along with their SR.

Slayy em

I don't get it. I'm so out of touch :(

I used to be the hot shit around these parts, now ND laughs at me from his throne with Jam and Biscuit sitting by his side.

Curse you Zelda and Persona!!

My alt's name is Nediar.

I laugh at you from my plat throne right now :p

Gonna start P5 in a bit :DDD

I wish ND was back too.

After P5 I will play comp in my main. Not in the mood for comp lately, haven't touched the game in a few days.

Even if we lose it's still more fun when we play in a big group. And it's always a plus being able to blame owzers.

Even if we lose it's still more fun when we play in a big group. And it's always a plus being able to blame owzers.

Honestly after playing with PS4GAF enough times, I can't even handle solo queue anymore. If I get on OW and you guys are already a full group, I play like two matches to see if a spot opens up and then switch to a different game. Solo queue has no shine to me anymore.

It's 50% because you guys are all cool dudes, and 50% because blaming Owzers is more fun than blaming randoms.

MartyStu

I also did placements on my other account. 6-3-1 soloq, one of the losses was my PC crashing RIP. Gonna try to get some good stuff from bonus SR, but this isn't too bad. Ran into pro players in like 6-7 games too ;~;

Edit: who I played for them

That is quite a spread. Working on Zarya and Pharah to expand my pool, but still mostly find I am better on support.

By the way, when do you start deciding to play Mercy instead of Ana?

My biggest problem right now is identifying when I should stop grinding with Ana and move to a more fitting support. I have definitely recognized when I should Zen or Lucio, but not Mercy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GameSpot said:
GameSpot: Do you have any plans to make Loot Boxes great again?

Jeff: Yes. We have some amazing Loot Box content coming up. I'll just leave it at that.

GameSpot: Do they have any Zarya costumes because she's my girl and for the last few events she's been a bit left out.

Jeff: I will tell you this, for Zarya in particular the next event won't have anything and I apologise.

GameSpot: Jeff, this is devastating.

Jeff: BUT! Shortly after that there will an amazing Zarya skin.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-director-talks-abandoned-cat-hero-patchi/1100-6449176/
thinking-faceh9ptf.png

Anne

When do you start deciding to play Mercy instead of Ana?

I pick Mercy when the highest ranked player on my team is Pharah and the enemy team is too hard on trying to kill me. Mercy has the 2nd best survivability out of all the supports atm assuming you have Pharah or another high mobility hero to GA to. All my opinion, just in those situations I would rather play Mercy than Ana. Ana's damage nerf severely hurts her survivability in my experience.

Gonna start P5 in a bit :DDD

Alright Ps4 bros, here's the plan. Leave of absence for Persona (and finishing Zelda) then when the semester ends we all come back more powerful than ever before and hit GM during the summer. Ready.....Break!

We all come back next week and spent hundreds of dollars on a new event.

Alright Ps4 bros, here's the plan. Leave of absence for Persona (and finishing Zelda) then when the semester ends we all come back more powerful than ever before and hit GM during the summer. Ready.....Break!

We all come back next week and spent hundreds of dollars on a new event.

I like this plan.

I like this plan too.

MartyStu

I pick Mercy when the highest ranked player on my team is Pharah and the enemy team is too hard on trying to kill me. Mercy has the 2nd best survivability out of all the supports atm assuming you have Pharah or another high mobility hero to GA to. All my opinion, just in those situations I would rather play Mercy than Ana. Ana's damage nerf severely hurts her survivability in my experience.

Mine too. I am not nearly accurate enough to reliably land 4 shots on an incoming Genji.

Your position makes sense I think. I will have to keep it in mind.

Owzers

If Rein only gets a blue shirt I'm retiring the character, Orisa will be the new Rein.

We must unite in this and lay down our shields. We are horses now.

I don't get it. I'm so out of touch :(

I used to be the hot shit around these parts, now ND laughs at me from his throne with Jam and Biscuit sitting by his side.

Curse you Zelda and Persona!!

I heard some rumblings about this legendary tracer, but instead all I saw for weeks was this guy played girl hanzo in some game called Horizon.

At least you had a name ;_;

I feel really bad for asking this... but what's your PSN id? This is so I can remember :p

Add me on my alt: ScrubTactician
I might not be on as much, it seems everyone is taking a break but if you see me send out an invite.

Anne

For people not in the discord yet (for whatever reason hmph), it looks like Sunday at 5EST is what is being voted in. If you have interest in playing that's looking to be likely.

Aprils Monthly Melee

Group A:

Selfess Gaming
NRG Esports
Immortals
Qualifiers

Group B:

Rogue
Luminosity Gaming Evil
Meta Athena
Qualifiers

Meta Athena gon b playing on like 150ping like Runaway were i guess they just want to keep playing.

Cant wait to See NRG in action again.

I heard some rumblings about this legendary tracer, but instead all I saw for weeks was this guy played girl hanzo in some game called Horizon.
Have we added eachother? If you added me shortly after Horizon, then yea, it's the least ive been playing since the game came out. But I played a bit with the group this last weekend and I can still hold my own. I don't even know about my Tracer anymore as DPS has become my least preferred role to fill. But maybe it's like riding a bike.

Q1 amazing games have been rough on Overwatch but I still assume that by the end of the year I will have 10x more Overwatch played than any other game. So if you haven't you should add me, we'll definitely play together at some point. You too Hypernima, and any other PS4 people who I'm not friends with yet.

ISOM

Aprils Monthly Melee

Group A:

Selfess Gaming
NRG Esports
Immortals
Qualifiers

Group B:

Rogue
Luminosity Gaming Evil
Meta Athena
Qualifiers

Meta Athena gon b playing on like 150ping like Runaway were i guess they just want to keep playing.

When's the date of this?

Time to move or just quit your job.

Wouldn't make a difference, we're sitting here talkin about how everyone is taking breaks!

Have we added eachother? If you added me shortly after Horizon, then yea, it's the least ive been playing since the game came out. But I played a bit with the group this last weekend and I can still hold my own. I don't even know about my Tracer anymore as DPS has become my least preferred role to fill. But maybe it's like riding a bike.

Q1 amazing games have been rough on Overwatch but I still assume that by the end of the year I will have 10x more Overwatch played than any other game. So if you haven't you should add me, we'll definitely play together at some point. You too Hypernima, and any other PS4 people who I'm not friends with yet.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have you on my list (you're batman right?), my normal/main account is: killdatninja. I think we might of played like a total of like 2 QP games, I don't remember when I added you though, sometime in between S2/S3.

Who do you play now? I remember you played Zarya and Tracer, judging from the avatar you switched to be a Lucio main??

dcelw540

Does anyone wanna play ranked I don't have a team and my rank just keeps getting lower and lower. It's embarrassing, I was 2200 and dropped to 1990 because my teams have been playing awful together.

Wouldn't make a difference, we're sitting here talkin about how everyone is taking breaks!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have you on my list (you're batman right?), my normal/main account is: killdatninja. I think we might of played like a total of like 2 QP games, I don't remember when I added you though, sometime in between S2/S3.

Who do you play now? I remember you played Zarya and Tracer, judging from the avatar you switched to be a Lucio main??
Oh yea. I remember. I don't really have a main, but I enjoy support the most these days. And my SR has suffered because of it.

ohkay

Aprils Monthly Melee

Group A:

Selfess Gaming
NRG Esports
Immortals
Qualifiers

Group B:

Rogue
Luminosity Gaming Evil
Meta Athena
Qualifiers

Damn, looks like a good group of teams. Gonna have to catch this

Top Bottom