• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

rulerk1

Plat hell...

Where people ask if a Rez is ours or not.

How do they not know?

nothing wrong with asking. its stupid yes but at least theyre trying (??). Its the ones who run away from friendly ults that are beyond help. There isnt a Mei on the enemy team, why are yall running?

ohkay

Plat hell...

How do they not know?
When the game came out, it took me a little bit before I realized the voice lines were different depending on whether it was your team's ult or the other's. It'd probably help if Blizz said this somewhere in the tutorial.

LiK

When the game came out, it took me a little bit before I realized the voice lines were different depending on whether it was your team's ult or the other's. It'd probably help if Blizz said this somewhere in the tutorial.

Yea, the game is pretty bad at teaching anything for the other heroes. I can understand why majority of players don't even know the basics.

Haha really?

I thought it was always obvious by the voice lines when there happens.

Isn't the enemy team in Swiss? And ours in English.

I've never had a problem knowing when which one is which even when I'm not playing Mercy.

LiK

Haha really?

I thought it was always obvious by the voice lines when there happens.

Isn't the enemy team in Swiss? And ours in English.

I've never had a problem knowing when which one is which even when I'm not playing Mercy.

Yup, it's so obvious. I only get mildly confused when Soldier uses his Ult.

hypernima

Banned
Yeah soldiers is a bit tough.

Ive got it down tho because it's pretty much always I've got you in my sights!

Enemy Soldier is always "I've got you in my sights!"

Ally is "Activating Tac Visor"

The confusing one is Reinhardt and Bastions. They are the same on either team.

Also I got bored and made this.

lGo450Q.jpg

Ended up winning a comp game 3-2 on koth with a thrower on my team who just kept suiciding.

We were salty, but I bet not to the extent of the enemy team. Lol.

lGo450Q.jpg

Not sure but isn't our ult over a comm channel and the is is more ambient?

MartyStu

Yup, it's so obvious. I only get mildly confused when Soldier uses his Ult.

With soldier, you just need to listen to the shiver up your spine to know which it is.

I am not kidding. Somehow my flight response has been wired to trigger when an enemy Soldier ults.

rulerk1

With soldier, you just need to listen to the shiver up your spine to know which it is.

I am not kidding. Somehow my flight response has been wired to trigger when an enemy Soldier ults.

lol this is me. i think blizz said enemy ults were made to sound threatening while friendly ults were more calm. Torb and Bastion are the ones i struggle with. I dont even think they make sounds when your teammates ult

komaruR

lGo450Q.jpg
Whats reaper and junkrats ult voiceline difference?
Think im more worry about the junkrat since most other ult means im dead anyway if i hear them lol

LiK

Whats reaper and junkrats ult voiceline difference?
Think im more worry about the junkrat since most other ult means im dead anyway if i hear them lol

Reaper is identical for both teams, iirc.

I know enemies hear Junk's Ult as "Fire in the hole" or "You're in for a shock" with his Junkenstein skin. I actually forget what friendlies hear, lol

Huh.

Didn't realize there was so Mich confusion on ults.

I guess I'm ways looking at enemy movement to predict their ults as Mercy that I know when it's our vs theirs.

MGrant

Reaper is identical for both teams, iirc.

I know enemies hear Junk's Ult as "Fire in the hole" or "You're in for a shock" with his Junkenstein skin. I actually forget what friendlies hear, lol

Reaper says "Clearing the area" for friendlies. Junkrat says "Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines."

I-hate-u

You don't hear anything from a friendly Rein ult except a loud "THUNGGG" when he slams the hammer. The enemy Rein on the other hand is just "HAMMER DOWN" without the hammer hitting the ground sound effect,

Plat hell...

How do they not know?
Lmao

The only time I know which team used the ult is Rein or the kill feed.
You're like level 400+! It's time to learn.

Never noticed that. It's so fast and usually when that happens I'm stunned because owzers dropped his shield.
😂😂

You don't hear anything from a friendly Rein ult except a loud "THUNGGG" when he slams the hammer. The enemy Rein on the other hand is just "HAMMER DOWN" without the hammer hitting the ground sound effect,
^

This is super important. If you don't know the different voice lines it's one of the easiest ways to improve as a player.

Chance

Yea, the game is pretty bad at teaching anything for the other heroes. I can understand why majority of players don't even know the basics.

It doesn't even teach the heroes. I wish there was a living document in-game that gave you precise stat breakdowns and numbers for each character and their abilities - updated any time a change is made. Just shit like

Tracer has 150 HP. No armor. No shields.

Pulse Bomb can do a max of 400 damage to each enemy in its blast, but that amount is reduced the further an enemy is from the center of the explosion.

Her Pulse Pistols output 240 damage in one second (40 bullets, 6 damage per bullet), with a one second reload. That damage falls to x at y meters distance and 60 at z meters.

Blink instantly moves you 7.8 meters in the direction you were moving when the ability is activated, or straight forward if there is no directional input.

Recall places her at the location and health she had exactly three seconds prior to the ability's activation. It takes 1.25 seconds to complete, and Tracer cannot be harmed in that time.

Like the really granular shit we have to look at wikis for, or test ourselves. Once I was trying to find out how much DPS Zarya can put out and 3 different wikis/sites gave me three different answers. Blizz has all these answers, but they're not tellin'!

aeolist

Banned

yeah i kinda wish they'd add a line for friendly rein ults

i'm tired of having to scream over the voice comms when i shatter 4 enemies and nobody realizes so they don't follow up

Chance

I could see it be legit more confusing if you came to Overwatch after the Halloween event, now that some chars can actually have multiple Ult callout lines ("Get ready for a shock!", "Fire in the hole!")

I-hate-u

I could see it be legit more confusing if you came to Overwatch after the Halloween event, now that some chars can actually have multiple Ult callout lines ("Get ready for a shock!", "Fire in the hole!")

Till Valhalla, Okami yo/Wolf hunts for it's prey were, in the game when launched too. Generally speaking, if a character yells aggressively in a non-english language, it's the enemies's.

Personally Lucio/Zenyatta's are the worst because the friendly lines are much more louder, but I guess it's deliberate from Blizz because their ult signals you to move to LOS or within radius.

komaruR

When i get back we should play some qp solely to train on our enemy's ult prediction to improve our ult tracking economy.

Chance

Till Valhalla, Okami yo/Wolf hunts for it's prey were, in the game when launched too. Generally speaking, if a character yells aggressively in a non-english language, it's the enemies's.

Personally Lucio/Zenyatta's are the worst because the friendly lines are much more louder, but I guess it's deliberate from Blizz because their ult signals you to move to LOS or within radius.

Yeah but with Lucio's it's like "yes indeed let's drop the beat on these fools oh no oh God no no no no!"

It still gets me sometimes, but it's the only one.

I am SO confident that even a decent Pharmercy would absolutely fly through plat and diamond on console that I just really want to try it. The only way to reliably stop it is coordination, and that is very unlikely from duo and solo que's in those ranges. If we were committed to it then I don't see how it would be stopped. Especially once we get the kinks worked out.

I know being the Mercy is boring in that scenario, but it's free rank points. If anyone ever doesn't have a group and wants to try you should message me, even if I'm playing a different game. Especially if you are a good Mercy (Owzers, Ultimah). I know I'd be taking the fun role, but dammit I always play support and have no interest adding Mercy to my lineup.

In my head it's a slam dunk plan. So if anyone wants to try let me know.

Skii

I think every ult that affects a fight has different sound queues between your team and enemy team.

And when you play that hero, you say the enemy's voiceline instead of the friendly one. I'm assuming it's to prevent confusion when there was hero stacking.

Top Bottom