• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Oxn

Does anyone wanna play ranked I don't have a team and my rank just keeps getting lower and lower. It's embarrassing, I was 2200 and dropped to 1990 because my teams have been playing awful together.

I range from 1900-2100 now as a mercy main. Who do you usually play as?

aeolist

Banned
oh man higher sr games are sooo much nicer most of the time

i still had a shitty teammate who left voice chat and kept going off on his own to die one game but by and large everyone's actually competent, has some amount of game sense, and communicates well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People complaining about Zarya or Widow or whatever not getting enough love with new skins/emotes when Hanzo has gotten far less than any other launch hero

Not counting voice lines, the RIP victory pose, and sprays that everyone gets, Hanzo has gotten one epic skin. No new emotes(outside of the sitting/laugh that everyone got), no new highlight intros. One skin. And not a legendary.

Oxn

People complaining about Zarya or Widow or whatever not getting enough love with new skins/emotes when Hanzo has gotten far less than any other launch hero

Not counting voice lines, the RIP victory pose, and sprays that everyone gets, Hanzo has gotten one epic skin. No new emotes(outside of the sitting/laugh that everyone got), no new highlight intros. One skin. And not a legendary.

Well thats cause no one likes Hanzo and we are glad he aint getting anything cause that will encourage more Hanzos.

maomaoIYP

Widow only has an intro isn't it?

He got the best thing of all.

The memes.

I have a 70%+ win rate this season with Zen, Tracer, and Lucio. We have had to carry teams as a 3-stack. We either roll them or lose like 3-2 or 5-4 for payload.

StarVigil

2885. Played and won like 4 Gibraltar games in a row. Grateful to be out of gold, but jesus is it an uphill climb. Trolls and idiots aside, people just don't like to change their characters, still. Most of the time it's like a hog and dps that wrecks my team, even if I say hey, I can take one of them out, but you gotta take care of the other. Hopefully I can get to diamond tomorrow or the day after.
Btw. I bought a 144hz monitor and boy do I not wanna play this game a 60fps ever again. Can only recommend it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"Zarya SHIELD ME"

AdbmCJQ.gif

when I did the entire time I was Zarya

I really hope the skins for this event aren't "event" skins and will still be available after the event. Don't see why Overwatch related events should have limited time content. Plus the amount of cosmetic stuff we have gotten outside of events is minuscule.

Any strats for someone who's stuck at 2000? Get a team mate or .. ?

I solo queued for all of it. I am a flex player too, so I play anyone and everyone. What ended up treating me really well is just playing one or two games per session and I almost always won that game. It was mainly for me to keep my cool. And playing only during the week in the afternoon/evening when there's a good selection of players online vs the weekend when everyone is on makes a difference.

Honestly, you can either get really good and carry or kind of just hope for good teammates and be decent yourself. So much of getting out of the 2000's seems to be luck around the quality of your team. It took me absorbing good game sense from watching pro streamers/pro matches, lowering sensitive of my mouse a ton, eventually getting a 144hz monitor, and two and a half seasons to solo climb out of 2750ish.

ohkay

I've been blessed with the gift of nothing but toxic players and throwers the past two nights. Thanks to them for the 5 game losing streak!

Anne

maybe though. I'm curious how high I can climb now that I'm past my long standing goal. I don't really care anymore so maybe that freedom will mean GM!

Ye. Master is p good though. That's top 3% of all players. Getting to GM is a lot harder though, and getting a couple hundred into 4k is a whole different story. Hope you get to play with some people that rank, it's def a diff kind of experience.

Ye. Master is p good though. That's top 3% of all players. Getting to GM is a lot harder though, and getting a couple hundred into 4k is a whole different story. Hope you get to play with some people that rank, it's def a diff kind of experience.

Yeah even the difference between 3200 and 3500 is pretty substantial in terms of the people, the comms, the comps, etc.

Banzai

2450. Almost.

Really getting into Pharah, too. Usually I switch off her if they have 2/3 out of Soldier-Mccree-Zen, but last night I destroyed that comp twice in a row with her.

valeo

Yeah even the difference between 3200 and 3500 is pretty substantial in terms of the people, the comms, the comps, etc.

Reminds me of the difference playing at a high level in Rocket League has. Huge. Makes the game so much funner if you are also at that level.

Unfortunately I am not at that level in OW ;)

Jellie

Incidentally, I don't really see much difference between 3500 and 3700. Both tend to have former GMs or top 500 smurfs. Maybe less throwers at 3700.

Top Bottom