• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

exYle

Not sure but isn't our ult over a comm channel and the is is more ambient?

General rule of thumb to follow: if it sounds even-keeled and professional, it's a friendly ult.
Examples: Tactical visor activated, clearing the area, rocket barrage incoming, self-destruct sequence activated, the dragon becomes me.

If it sounds hostile, menacing, or is foreign, it's an enemy ult.
Examples: I've got you in my sight, die die die, Justice rains from above, nerf this, ryujin blah blah

Wait, you're right. Rein audio Ult is the same for both teams right?

Enemy Rein is hammer down, friendly Rein is just a metallic thud.

The hardest ults to distinguish between enemy and friendly are Reinhardt, Roadhog, Lucio, and Zenyatta. Both Rein and Hoggo say nothing during friendly ults (bonus points to Hog cause the enemy line is literally just really breathy laughter), and Zen and Lucio have really similar lines for both friendly/enemy ults AND they reverse the typical setup for Overwatch because the friendly lines are louder than the enemy ones.

AbaFadi

Banned
I am SO confident that even a decent Pharmercy would absolutely fly through plat and diamond on console that I just really want to try it. The only way to reliably stop it is coordination, and that is very unlikely from duo and solo que's in those ranges. If we were committed to it then I don't see how it would be stopped. Especially once we get the kinks worked out.

I know being the Mercy is boring in that scenario, but it's free rank points. If anyone ever doesn't have a group and wants to try you should message me, even if I'm playing a different game. Especially if you are a good Mercy (Owzers, Ultimah). I know I'd be taking the fun role, but dammit I always play support and have no interest adding Mercy to my lineup.

In my head it's a slam dunk plan. So if anyone wants to try let me know.

Pharmercy on console is so broken to the point it easily dominates top 500 games. I don't even like playing ranked anymore because it's just Pharmercy every game and I'm so tired of it.

I am SO confident that even a decent Pharmercy would absolutely fly through plat and diamond on console that I just really want to try it. The only way to reliably stop it is coordination, and that is very unlikely from duo and solo que's in those ranges. If we were committed to it then I don't see how it would be stopped. Especially once we get the kinks worked out.

I know being the Mercy is boring in that scenario, but it's free rank points. If anyone ever doesn't have a group and wants to try you should message me, even if I'm playing a different game. Especially if you are a good Mercy (Owzers, Ultimah). I know I'd be taking the fun role, but dammit I always play support and have no interest adding Mercy to my lineup.

doesn't work that way, i think you are underestimating console play

antitrop

Got em

0Wi4zwl.gif

Tawpgun

I main Pharah, a mercy helps but if they have a decent soldier/any hitscan hero they will melt us. Usually I can handle an average soldier/mcree on my own but any one with decent aim can render me useless. At that point I'll switch heroes.

I alwys try Pharmercy... But it doesn't always pan out. The Pharah just ain't hitting her targets.

I alwys try Pharmercy... But it doesn't always pan out. The Pharah just ain't hitting her targets.
Ive had great success with Pharah in limited time since coming back.

We could give it a shot.

The problem is that it's usually a Pharmercy in a big group, so the other team is likely grouped (more coordinated). Duo queue would probably see better results.

Chance

I'm in gold/plat and Pharmercy definitely doesn't guarantee a win when they're on my team or a loss when they're on the other side.

Just gotta' kill the Mercy first, or burst the Pharah so hard it can't be healed through.

If it's JUST me shooting at them, of course, it's a different story.

I'm in gold/plat and Pharmercy definitely doesn't guarantee a win when they're on my team or a loss when they're on the other side.

Just gotta' kill the Mercy first, or burst the Pharah so hard it can't be healed through.

PC?

LiK

Sometimes a pocket Mercy is detrimental to the team cuz she's not healing or boosting anyone else. Pharah needs to do all the work.

Yeah.

Pharmercy doesn't seem to work so well in plat as everyone doesn't know how to aim for some reason...

It's why you got all these symms running around because they don't even have to aim to get a multi kill.

Had a gold yesterday play attack symm because he had a gold weapon with her. We ended up winning a few but barely and then I dropped out after we lost.

From what I see a lot of people play Pharah like shit, they think it's just a matter of flying around while spamming rockets. They don't use the environment and distance to their advantage and tend to ignore the hitscans while focusing on the rest of the enemy team being murdered in the process. Just having a Mercy healing doesn't guarantee anything if the Pharah player doesn't know what he's doing.

Anne

Even mediocre Pharah and Mercy players can get into high master on PC using the combo. It's not OP or anything, but it is very strong and hard to deal with in solo queue.

Maybe see if we dominate qp with it first.
Go big or go home. No wasting time.

I'm not guaranteeing results or anything. But I won't be satisfied until I try it in the proper setting. (One always Pharah, one always Mercy, duo queue.) if it doesn't work then I, as Pharah, take full blame. And you are out a couple of games that we would've lost anyway because we were in a Gaf group.

From what I see a lot of people play Pharah like shit, they think it's just a matter of flying around while spamming rockets. They don't use the environment and distance to their advantage and tend to ignore the hitscans while focusing on the rest of the enemy team being murdered in the process. Just having a Mercy healing doesn't guarantee anything if the Pharah player doesn't know what he's doing.

Exactly. If I'm not hearing a steady stream of ticks on my end it's yawn fest. Better get back to healing that Owzerisa

The only Pharah I trust in our group currently is Komaru. He's an amazing Pharah.

Been working on mine. I've won a few games with her on randoms but don't think she is ready for prime time play.

And I'm also tired of going meta on console in plat/diamond games. None of us seem to thrive in the roles.

I want to just out mayhem the other team. If we are any indication, beating full stacks at those levels is to just completely fluster them. Fuck standing behind Rein shield.
Let's do some

Mercy
Pharah
Winston
Zarya
Junkrat (Lik)
Lucio

Type shit.

LiK

Exactly. If I'm not hearing a steady stream of ticks on my end it's yawn fest. Better get back to healing that Owzerisa

Like my kills? ;)

And I'm also tired of going meta on console in plat/diamond games. None of us seem to thrive in the roles.

I want to just out mayhem the other team. If we are any indication, beating full stacks at those levels is to just completely fluster them. Fuck standing behind Rein shield.
Let's do some

Mercy
Pharah
Winston
Zarya
Junkrat (Lik)
Lucio

Type shit.

I assume you're gonna be Lucio?

I-hate-u

Let's do some

Mercy
Pharah
Winston
Zarya
Junkrat (Lik)
Lucio

Type shit.

I don't know about the play styles you guys have but I feel bad for the Winston already (assuming the Pharmercy are sticking together). That guy needs an Ana or dedicated Zen orbs support.

I assume you're gonna be Lucio?
Lucio would be fun as hell in that comp. so fine with me. But I'd be comfortable with any of those roles except Mercy and Junk.

And it doesn't have to be that comp exactly, just some unconventional teams that still work well together. With characters we enjoy playing.

Lucio would be fun as hell in that comp. so fine with me. But I'd be comfortable with any of those roles except Mercy and Junk.

And it doesn't have to be that comp exactly, just some unconventional teams that still work well together. With characters we enjoy playing.

The thing is we need to work on adapting to the other team and positioning.

I'm with LiK we group up too much which makes playing Mercy dangerous. I need to zip in and out of danger and when the group is in multiple but strong position s I thrive.

LiK

Yup, we can spread out just enough to prevent team wipes. Just don't overextend unless you're a flanker who's going behind enemy lines.

Grouping up too much is just death. We need to learn to maintain some distance from each other. No more hand holding to each other. I don't like playing that way anyway.

I also wanted to add I see a lot of people running to health points or corners and hiding. It's fine to get the health but you gotta get back out there.

I Can't fly to you if you're hiding and hiding doesn't help anyone. I know you don't want to die but giving the extra seconds to the team is worth it.

If I'm not hiding as Mercy you shouldn't be either.

The thing is we need to work on adapting to the other team and positioning.

I'm with LiK we group up too much which makes playing Mercy dangerous. I need to zip in and out of danger and when the group is in multiple but strong position s I thrive.
Well by far our biggest issue is that after so many games together i still feel like I know almost nothing about the play styles of you guys.

Besides Owzers shattering into the other Rein's shield, nothing is certain in the PS4 stack. We don't have roles, we try to make meta team comps no matter what, and yea, our coordination stinks.

It feels like the solo queue version of our team (no communication, playing whoever we want, no pressure, etc.) would be more successful than the team version where everyone wants to be a good team player and is under pressure to perform.

Well by far our biggest issue is that after so many games together i still feel like I know almost nothing about the play styles of you guys.

Besides Owzers shattering into the other Rein's shield, nothing is certain in the PS4 stack. We don't have roles, we try to make meta team comps no matter what, and yea, our coordination stinks.

It feels like the solo queue version of our team (no communication, playing whoever we want, no pressure, etc.) would be more successful than the team version where everyone wants to be a good team player and is under pressure to perform.

I'm with you to. I think Owzers is burnt out on Rein.

Which is why we need a Zarya and other tank players.

I am willing to give Owzers a shot at Orisa... I just think he needs to work with her more in QP.

Anne

I think the best part about the Winston buff is the placebo it's had on some people. It's a huge buff, but it does require you to maximize timings a bit. Some people are just jumping in and playing him same as he ever was while going "oh wow Winston is insane now" when he would've been just as good in that situation last patch.

Cappa

Banned

I honestly dont feel pressure when I group with you guys, thats why I usually say I can play whatever. I feel confident with pretty much any "good" heroes outside of DPS like Pharah and Genji. Thats why I let everyone pick their mains before I pick mine.

I stopped caring about SR last season, I just want to have good games. If we win great, if we lose its whatever as long as I know we played well

We'll figure it out PS4 GAF. We just need to do some more serious scrims in QP.

Also we need for Persona 5 to be over with.

EDIT: Cappa. I know I come off as super serious but don't take it to heart. Something I need to work on when I play with you guys.n

I am willing to give Owzers a shot at Orisa... I just think he needs to work with her more in QP.
Maybe I should become the full time Zarya. I'll miss you Lucio :(

And to be clear I love ragging on Owzers, but he is definitely not the reason we lose. He's a good Rein. I just assume he's really bored of it.

And to be clear I love ragging on Owzers, but he is definitely not the reason we lose. He's a good Rein. I just assume he's really bored of it.

Haha. I wasn't insinuating that he had become bad at him... Just that he's burnt out on it.

Like you said maybe the joy to play him isn't there and he feels the need to do it to win.

Playing Rein is awesome and he is pretty damn good with him, so I doubt that he's tired of it unless he plays him like 10 games in a row on attack and defense. But I agree that he should play Torb more often.

LiK

Coordination has been fine with the GAF group I've been playing with. I mentioned before that I think Komaru and Pooh give out great call outs when they're playing Mercy and Pharah. Owzers does some good call outs too when he's Rein.

My only critique of our groups is when people seem to not pay attention or notice flankers behind them. I always take quick 180s to make sure no one is behind us but some people who join our group don't do that enough and get killed way too easily.

Unless we win consistently in QP with Owzer's Orisa, I ain't playing any Comp with her. I love you Owzers but you must prove me wrong.

Playing Rein is awesome and he is pretty damn good with him, so I doubt that he's tired of it unless he plays him like 10 games in a row on attack and defense. But I agree that he should play Genji more often.

Fixed.

Owzers

I like Rein but I find him really stressful to play, still fun when the team is playing well but swirls into stressful frustration when I'm being hit from both sides.

For my health and safety I think I have to comp with Orisa. Lik, I will win over your support with my strong Orisa plays. With Orisa I don't have to worry about being attacked from all sides, any side is enough to kill me.

Jellie

Let's do some

Mercy
Pharah
Winston
Zarya
Junkrat (Lik)
Lucio

Type shit.
Why don't you tracer in a triple dps comp. It's fun and effective. I think you have the players for it based on what you guys play.

Tracer
Genji
Pharah/Soldier/Zarya
Winston
Lucio
Ana/Zen

Chance

Is there anyone on Gaf who's decent with Genji? If so, I have a request.

If you ever make a gameplay vid of cool stuff you've pulled, please put it to the song Kodo by the Yoshida Brothers.

<3

Anne

PC IN-HOUSE POST INCOMING

When: This Sunday 5PMEST/10PMGMT+1

How to join:[/U] I would prefer if people join our discord server: https://discord.gg/4GxWwyD. We have a channel in there where you can post your bnet tag. We also have channels for everybody to talk and split up team comms when that time comes. Failing that, you can always add me (Annebot#1616) looking to get an invite. If I delete you afterwards no hard feelings, just Blizzard can't code and having a large friendlist kills frames.

We're going to /attempt/ to do this with both EU and NA players on an NA East server so it will be as close to the middle as we can make it for everybody. IF this ends up being unplayable we may need to figure something else out in the future, but we wanna try to let everybody play no matter where we are from. Worst case scenario is we have nights with diff regions hosting sometimes.

What we'll actually be doing: We're just gonna split everybody into teams and play a few maps out with comp rules on for a bit. We'll try our best to balance teams with the general skill levels of who we know is playing, roles, and how things go as we play. The idea is to come in and have some fun games, get to know the other posters, and just try to have a good time. After the main rounds of matches have been done, I have no problem letting everybody turn the server into silly custom games to just hang out in. We may try some goofy ass ways to make comp teams too, who knows.

There's a pretty likely chance we will have more than 12 people. We can put people in spectator slots if they wanna hang out. We will be nice and take turns to rotate in and out of playing with the spectators as we go. If for some reason we get a ton of people don't feel bad if you don't get into the lobby. Maybe space will open up or you can catch us at the next one.

Expect this to last a couple hours ish for the main games. After we've had our fill I'll turn the server over to whoever wants to keep playing and doing custom nonsense.

Remember, this is to have fun. It's okay to try and make cool plays and show off, and I encourage good natured ribbing between players that know each other. Don't get too salty though or start calling people out hardcore. This is for the community to come together and have some fun and meet other people to play with. Let's try and have some nice things. Myself and caeser (the other mod in the discord) reserve the right to kick anybody we feel is out of line.

This open for all skill levels bronze-top 500. Again, we'll try to balance it out and help people go along with the games. If you really feel like you're not quite ready to play for whatever reason, feel free to hang out in the comms and spectate.

I have no qualms if somebody wants to stream from their POV. I probably won't be streaming it myself but who knows.

LiK

Why don't you tracer in a triple dps comp. It's fun and effective. I think you have the players for it based on what you guys play.

Tracer
Genji
Pharah/Soldier/Zarya
Winston
Lucio
Ana/Zen

Vault doesn't play Tracer anymore. sadface

Top Bottom