• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

The fuck is going on? I thought this game has over 25 million players? why does it take forever to find a game or wait for players now?..

The matchmaking has been like that since the game launched.

Sometimes you get into games immediately, sometimes you wait 4 minutes, and the rest is a combination of the two.

NeoRaider

BTW. Anyone having Mercy bug when you are healing or boosting an alley, and then you turn around facing other ally, LSHIFT is visible on him you press it but Mercy goes back to the alley you just healed or boosted instead of following alley you are facing??

Died many times because of this.

antitrop

BTW. Anyone having Mercy bug when you are healing or boosting an alley, and then you turn around facing other ally, LSHIFT is visible on him you press it but Mercy goes back to the alley you just healed or boosted instead of following alley you are facing??

That's what happens when you have "Guardian Angel Prefers Beam Target" turned on. If you have it turned off, you can leave the beam on someone while flying to another target. It's much better to play with it Off, though it's defaulted to On.

Go into your Mercy settings and disable the option for "Guardian Angel prefers boosted targets" or something like that. I imagine that will help you out.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The matchmaking has been like that since the game launched.

Sometimes you get into games immediately, sometimes you wait 4 minutes, and the rest is a combination of the two.

Never had those problems before, maybe nobody likes to play arcade mode 6v6 capture the flag.... but i need muh loot boxes.

jviggy43

Fighting on a point on illios, just me as zarrya and a genji, rest of our team died. Other team mercy comes in and gets a 4 man res and they have their entire team. Myself and the genji just back out, and emrcy freaks out yelling at us that theres no reason weshould be giving up a fight like that (We were winning and there was no reason to contest and let them build ult considering we were already at 90ish and they had 0).

I bring up that it was 2v6 and he goes off about how hes seen 2 people down a full 6 and we should have stayed in and to mute our mics and stop saying to back out. This was in master. Blows my mind.

LAM09

Fighting on a point on illios, just me as zarrya and a genji, rest of our team died. Other team mercy comes in and gets a 4 man res and they have their entire team. Myself and the genji just back out, and emrcy freaks out yelling at us that theres no reason weshould be giving up a fight like that (We were winning and there was no reason to contest and let them build ult considering we were already at 90ish and they had 0).

I bring up that it was 2v6 and he goes off about how hes seen 2 people down a full 6 and we should have stayed in and to mute our mics and stop saying to back out. This was in master. Blows my mind.

There's seemingly stupidity at all levels

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh well yeah I'm pretty sure that playlist is empty compared to quick play and competitive

image.php

Oscar

Out of all the competitive games I've played so far, OW has the best community. Comparatively.

I guess you must be a high SR, because i'm in the 1900-2100 range and it's cancerous.

Usually I'm the only healer or tank while everyone else auto locks shit like Torb on offense.

jviggy43

I guess you must be a high SR, because i'm in the 1900-2100 range and it's cancerous.

Usually I'm the only healer or tank while everyone else auto locks shit like Torb on offense.

Its just as bad at high SR. The difference being is, for me anyway, you see a lot less stupid character picks. Other than that, it still gets toxic.

So I'm about to start playing Overwatch and I'm wanting to keep up with lore while I enjoy the game. Is there a posted list somewhere of what videos I need to watch, what I need to read, etc. and what order is best?

Fugu

Don't heal at that SR. Play a character that has a real chance at getting picks independently (I suggest Roadhog, Pharah or Tracer) and win by being 6v5 all the time.

You can hope that someone will gravitate to you because they think you're a smurf and start healing. If not, you'll still win most games (although you can't win them all at that rank).

I got placed into gold this season because I'd focused on playing support season 3 and went from diamond to low plat. I went from gold to master over the course of three weeks by playing mostly Pharah and Roadhog. I've seen that some people can climb as support but I don't really know how; the path of least resistance for me was to play Pharah. I had a 75% win rate until mid-Diamond.

EDIT: Also, talk to your team. I think the main thing that lower SR players don't do that turns them into better players when they start doing it is talk. Talk even if you're the only one talking. Talk even if it's just you and Lucio in voice chat.

Oscar

Don't heal at that SR. Play a character that has a real chance at getting picks independently (I suggest Roadhog, Pharah or Tracer) and win by being 6v5 all the time.

You can hope that someone will gravitate to you because they think you're a smurf and start healing. If not, you'll still win most games (although you can't win them all at that rank).

I got placed into gold this season because I'd focused on playing support season 3 and went from diamond to low plat. I went from gold to master over the course of three weeks by playing mostly Pharah and Roadhog. I've seen that some people can climb as support but I don't really know how; the path of least resistance for me was to play Pharah. I had a 75% win rate until mid-Diamond.
Going to give this a try. I'm mostly solo on comp, so I try to fill what we need. Half the time nobody has mics so we aren't going to communicate anyway. Going to try to just focus on DPS'ing.

Oxn

EDIT: Also, talk to your team. I think the main thing that lower SR players don't do that turns them into better players when they start doing it is talk. Talk even if you're the only one talking. Talk even if it's just you and Lucio in voice chat.

I actually climbed from 1400 to 2100 as Mercy. Now at 2100 i cant carry it any higher and i think Rein will be my choice to go to 2500.

Fugu

Going to give this a try. I'm mostly solo on comp, so I try to fill what we need. Half the time nobody has mics so we aren't going to communicate anyway. Going to try to just focus on DPS'ing.
I don't think that not communicating is really an option in this game. If nobody has mics they can listen to you and you can tell them where people are and how much health they have (if applicable).

One of my favorite things to do as Pharah is boop players into my team. This strategy is pretty useless if your team doesn't focus on the person you've booped in, but if they do, it can be extremely effective. This is just one example of communication playing a decisive role; it is all-around very important and going in without it is handicapping yourself in a significant way.

antitrop

Got my silver portrait

6GrnYVF.png

And despite maining Support, my support win rates are all at the bottom and my fill picks are all at the top. =(

tHMyWDc.png

I find it hard to maintain interest in any non-competitive game these days.
No matter how good the RPG or action game is, playing against AI just isnt satisfying.
When 10-year-old kids say "dang it feels good to be a gangsta" in team chat >>>>>>>>
I would pay extra to play on a 25+ server.

Anyone know calculusgod on PC? Random guy added me. see his Sr is 4174. Don't think I ran into him during qp either. Plays hog 194 hours in him

Top Bottom