• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

You guys doing QP? I'm gonna take a break from P5 tonight and play some matches later tonight. Don't wanna burn myself out. Just completed a tough dungeon.

Anne

PC IN-HOUSE POST INCOMING

When: This Sunday 5PMEST/10PMGMT+1

How to join:[/U] I would prefer if people join our discord server: https://discord.gg/4GxWwyD. We have a channel in there where you can post your bnet tag. We also have channels for everybody to talk and split up team comms when that time comes. Failing that, you can always add me (Annebot#1616) looking to get an invite. If I delete you afterwards no hard feelings, just Blizzard can't code and having a large friendlist kills frames.

We're going to /attempt/ to do this with both EU and NA players on an NA East server so it will be as close to the middle as we can make it for everybody. IF this ends up being unplayable we may need to figure something else out in the future, but we wanna try to let everybody play no matter where we are from. Worst case scenario is we have nights with diff regions hosting sometimes.

What we'll actually be doing: We're just gonna split everybody into teams and play a few maps out with comp rules on for a bit. We'll try our best to balance teams with the general skill levels of who we know is playing, roles, and how things go as we play. The idea is to come in and have some fun games, get to know the other posters, and just try to have a good time. After the main rounds of matches have been done, I have no problem letting everybody turn the server into silly custom games to just hang out in. We may try some goofy ass ways to make comp teams too, who knows.

There's a pretty likely chance we will have more than 12 people. We can put people in spectator slots if they wanna hang out. We will be nice and take turns to rotate in and out of playing with the spectators as we go. If for some reason we get a ton of people don't feel bad if you don't get into the lobby. Maybe space will open up or you can catch us at the next one.

Expect this to last a couple hours ish for the main games. After we've had our fill I'll turn the server over to whoever wants to keep playing and doing custom nonsense.

Remember, this is to have fun. It's okay to try and make cool plays and show off, and I encourage good natured ribbing between players that know each other. Don't get too salty though or start calling people out hardcore. This is for the community to come together and have some fun and meet other people to play with. Let's try and have some nice things. Myself and caeser (the other mod in the discord) reserve the right to kick anybody we feel is out of line.

This open for all skill levels bronze-top 500. Again, we'll try to balance it out and help people go along with the games. If you really feel like you're not quite ready to play for whatever reason, feel free to hang out in the comms and spectate.

I have no qualms if somebody wants to stream from their POV. I probably won't be streaming it myself but who knows.

Reminder this is in less than a day.

LAM09

Just got paired with someone that was deliberately throwing and going on about it on mic. Some pathetic people around

V1rmGgi.png

YOSPOS-puts-gun-to-head-guy-dancing-head-bopping-1411903135g.gif

Tiltwatch today.

Might take the rest of the weekend off and play more Persona. Come back fresh for the event on Tuesday.

Im still up for some fun.

I didn't tilt earlier.

Also did some re working of channels on my router so hopefully that cuts down on lag.

This looks awesome. Hope everyone involved has fun.

We gotta set one of these up for PS4 as well!

Been trying to! Poll for best day of the week is below. Could use a few more votes of people who are interested before we set it all up pretty like.

The image is a link

I might just have some drinks and get back on if there is a group. That was the secret yesterday.

Fuck Overwatch man, two great games that won't do me wrong just sitting there, and I still come back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2 solid minutes of 5 vs 6 in quick play after 3 games failed to start from not enough players

I guess everyone uninstalled when they saw Tracer was getting another skin

Blu(e)

I'm so upset.

Remember that clip where Mercy res her team after they lose point A on Anubis and get completely steamrolled to point B? That just happened to me and it is by far the the worst thing that's happened to me.

Team tilted so hard we didn't even grab point A on our offense.

Goddammit Mercy mains.

antitrop

Had a Genji deflect our Zarya's Grav and get a 6K with all final blows.

That wasn't even his POTM. (That was another 6K with just dash resets on the payload in Overtime)

Is PS4watch still gonna be going in a half hour or so? Might take a break from Persona tonight too just to make sure I don't get too rusty.

Blues1990

Blizzard should bring back no fall off damage McCree. Those were fun times.

They should honestly make him a Tank Buster again, along with beefing up Reaper so he can do his job (as since said meta was introduced, Reaper hasn't recovered from it).

rulerk1

Today I decided to man up and play weekend comp with a buddy. First match got steamrolled on defense which cause the whole tilt on attack. I'm talking torbs, sym, snipers. I went Ana and one of the tilted three stack went road; a good team comp followed. Like thirty seconds in our attack someone from the other team leaves. We win it 6 to 3. Like that really sucks. We should not have won that at all. My friend had to leave so that was all I played tonight but wow

They should honestly make him a Tank Buster again, along with beefing up Reaper so he can do his job (as since said meta was introduced, Reaper hasn't recovered from it).
Let's hope they do buff reaper at least, with everyone whining about Orisa sucking any buff to her could bring back tank meta all over again.

Veelk

Banned
You guys manage to get an opening? I can come online then. Otherwise, I think I'm just gonna keep reading my book. I tried going back to solo q and....no, I'm not going back to that.

LiK

Thanks Blizzard MM for matching us with the same group who beat us earlier in a match. I hope I never see that Pharah again. She was focus firing on me through the entire match and made it impossible to do anything.

Someone said that even a decent a Pharmercy could carry through the plat and diamond, who was that smart individual?....

That team wasn't near our skill level, and that Pharmercy was nothing special. But it worked.

komaruR

the pharah got some unusual movement tho. im suspecting.... but i dunno :(

we fought them a couple of games. and the pharah dude was called dragonic flames. he was using either mccree or pharah.

LiK

Someone said that even a decent a Pharmercy could carry through the plat and diamond, who was that smart individual?....

That team wasn't near our skill level, and that Pharmercy was nothing special. But it worked.

She landed her shots. That's all that matters. I could barely get some shots off before she killed me. I only managed to kill her a few times when the Mercy died or left to help someone else.

We didn't even try Pharmercy combo tonight. Maybe next time.

komaruR

She landed her shots. That's all that matters. I could barely get some shots off before she killed me. I only managed to kill her a few times when the Mercy died or left to help someone else.

We didn't even try Pharmercy combo tonight. Maybe next time.
i probably should switched mccree earlier. i started concentrate on they mercy when i switched. such a pain to hit a constant GA'ing mercy.
i let the team down.

LiK

i probably should switched mccree earlier. i started concentrate on they mercy when i switched. such a pain to hit a constant GA'ing mercy.
i let the team down.

Yea, that Mercy was slippery. I was also constantly one shotted by the Hog alt-fire from outta the blue trying to kill Pharah. That alt-fire is ridiculous. Don't even need to hook me to one shot me.

Seems pretty straight forward. Go after the Mercy. Kill everyone else. That's all I've been doing.

Luckily I know where Mercy's hide.

Top Bottom