• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Why is there a Junkrat in the team every time when the opposite team has Pharmercy? Are you going to launch yourself in the air and snipe Pharah with your fucking fireworks? Like really. I've never seen such a useless and obnoxious character in video games for a while; his voice lines are enough to make me nervous and agitated.

Why is there a Junkrat in the team every time when the opposite team has Pharmercy? Are you going to launch yourself in the air and snipe Pharah with your fucking fireworks? Like really. I've never seen such a useless and obnoxious character in video games for a while; his voice lines are enough to make me nervous and agitated.
I see this constantly too. I generally see Junkrat almost every game and I don't understand it. I'm only Gold which is part of the reason but like why not Soldier or something. People almost all the time instalock Junkrat

I would LOVE IT if Junkrat gained some way to help with Pharah.

New event + new Lucio on Tuesday. Plz Blizz.

So much this. It's time.

Kinda :p

But yeah, it sucks having someone like that on the team that doesn't change when needed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Playing today, I just realized they average the SR in a group for parties. This should be change to highest player. Basically two 3000 players with one 1 2000 player are around 2600. Groups should be based on the highest player or high average excluding the lowest. Largely because, I don't entirely feel like someone in the 3000's should be getting points for wins in 2600.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Pharah needs an easy counter like Pharah easy counters Junkrat

like I said, Doomfist should just be able ot grab her out of the sky and pin her

antitrop

Playing today, I just realized they average the SR in a group for parties. This should be change to highest player. Basically two 3000 players with one 1 2000 player are around 2600. Groups should be based on the highest player or high average excluding the lowest. Largely because, I don't entirely feel like someone in the 3000's should be getting points for wins in 2600.
If you group with 3 people or more, it also puts much higher ranked players on the enemy team to compensate for the supposedly more coordinated communication of the big stack.

Owzers

After yesterday that went out the window. Didn't matter if I was playing great as Lucio, loss.

Swap to Tracer, 4 golds, still lose.

I don't think it matters anymore.

We're dedicating the entire team to killing pharmercy.

Ana, zen, soldier, mccree, dva, whoever.

We can do this.

Pharah needs an easy counter like Pharah easy counters Junkrat

like I said, Doomfist should just be able ot grab her out of the sky and pin her

Pharah has hard counters. She can barely do anything when there is Zen discording her, Soldier putting pressure and Mcree denying her medium range flanks. Widow is a hard counter, especially a good one; having a Widow on the team might be a liability though if the other team has dive like Winston.

I just don't get the appeal with Junkrat. The thing that really gets on my nerves with Junkrat players is that they don't even know how to use him properly; their positioning is crap and they don't have smart placement of bombs and traps. The junkrat in our team stood in the middle of point B in Anubis just spamming main/choke in the middle. He didn't trap Roadhog and the flankers who constantly came from the left and didn't even bother standing the ledge spam that route.

I honestly don't care; it was QP and the Pharah isn't usually an issue (she is okay). The thing is, I am just noticing the trend with Junkrat against team comps that he clearly doesn't work against. Heck, some people in masters/GM are reporting having Junkrat mains at that range.

I wouldn't be surprised if one trick Symm/Junkrat or whatever are causing people to get stuck between 3800-4100SR. There is quite a number of them there actually.

Runner shared some stuff on his stream about the Finals. I saw him streaming with Stitch on twitch today in the chat show section so probably from there.

Reddit trans

Runner couldn't stop crying while talking about the biggest reason for their defeat. He felt personally responsible for not preparing the team the best way he could.
According to him, stamina was the biggest reason they lost.

They arrived at the stadium at noon and continued to play until 10 p.m.

He had no idea there would be so many breaks between the maps and Stitch having to switch his PC 3 times only added the fatigue.

Kaiser, who now everyone in Runaway calls grapeKaiser, ate too many grapes the night before and complained about the stomach ache.

Kox was having the games of his life and able to make so many incredibly detailed calls that Runner didn't talk much for the first 4 maps.

After 4 maps, he started to have pain in his eyes along with a headache which meant Runner had to step up, but he was also feeling the fatigue and couldn't focus which is why he played one of the worst games of his life even by his own standards.

Runaway practiced usually 2 blocks of scrims each lasting 2 hours.
Runner thought about having longer blocks while preparing for the finals, but players complained it was too hard to keep up the focus and he listened to them because scrims while they were tired and unable to focus wouldn't be effective.

He blames himself as the team captain for not understanding how much stamina was required to compete in the Grand Finals in a BO7.

He thought LoL pro teams having gym as part of their official schedule was only to keep the players healthy, but he learned that it was also preparing the players for the big stages as well.

He was so shocked that LH was able to play at the same level the entire series even after losing 3 maps, that he found himself admiring their experience and stamina even more.

Kox even broke his headset and keyboard in anger after the match because he was having the game of his life, but just didn't have the stamina to keep up and felt responsible.

Rest of it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...mary_of_runners_stream_today_what_he_learned/

I should be on later this evening. We can try my Pharah some more.

Well need Butchin tho. He's like our Overwatch cheerleader.

Currently in Wichita fixing a projector.

AbaFadi

Banned
I'm solo queing, instalocking Lucio on a weekend.

I've given up.

Once you hit masters you won't be able to play in large stacks. If you do, have fun playing against grandmasters who are playing solo. The game thinks a premade group of people is equivalent to people who are 500 SR above them who are playing solo or in a duo.

I'm dying.

I trying to convince myself that I'm just not good with Lucio. And as I get better I'll start to rank up. But as I lose the teams just get worse and worse. I end up as the solo healer every time with Torb and shit on my team.

How the fuck do I climb using this hero??

You play on ps4 right? Pharah and Mercy dominate on console right now so that's why everyone on console wants a Mercy. On pc, most people prefer an Ana over a Mercy though.

I do, but people will say it even if the team isn't running a Pharah.

And I know people talk about how good Pharah is on console, but it is really rare for her to be dominating any of the games on both my team or the enemy's. Maybe I'm just getting strange matchups or maybe I'm not high enough of a rank to see her truly going crazy.

Owzers

I'm dying.

I trying to convince myself that I'm just not good with Lucio. And as I get better I'll start to rank up. But as I lose the teams just get worse and worse. I end up as the solo healer every time with Torb and shit on my team.

Maybe with the damage and speed boost you can pretend to be tracer when you play him.

I do, but people will say it even if the team isn't running a Pharah.

And I know people talk about how good Pharah is on console, but it is really rare for her to be dominating any of the games on both my team or the enemy's. Maybe I'm just getting strange matchups or maybe I'm not high enough of a rank to see her truly going crazy.

This was me yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOF_ClPNUaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYE2oq5ejnE

I dunno. I'm sure a more.competent solider would take me out... Can't wait to get home so I can try her out more and Owzers can feel my pain as Mercy all the time.

I'm dying.

Lucio is probably the worst character when it comes to solo queue climbing and carrying your team in lower ranks, so you don't. I imagine it will be better with the new patch, but I wouldn't trust any team sub-3000 to take advantage of his speed boost, and plenty of players higher than that can't use it either.

You play Tracer right? She is one of if not the best carry hero in the game. I would try to use her more.

This was me yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOF_ClPNUaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYE2oq5ejnE

I dunno. I'm sure a more.competent solider would take me out... Can't wait to get home so I can try her out more and Owzers can feel my pain as Mercy all the time.

Yeah if you fly around in the open like that as Pharah in higher ranks you'll be dead pretty quick, especially with how much people play Soldier.

But hey, if they aren't going to do anything to counter you can just fire rockets wherever you want and rack up the kills. That's on the enemy team to adjust.

Jellie

I'm dying.

I have no idea how I climbed with him back in season 1 now. I abused speed boost I think but its not as good and if you are solo healer then lol.

I dropped from 2700 to 2000 this weekend alone basically. Feels really bad. I always​ fill whatever role is needed, communicate, coordinate my ults with theirs and try my best to be a team player, but I only seem to win 1 in 3 on average.

It was never this bad in any other season. Maybe I'll just stick with Zarya and try my best to carry with her? Maybe I'll only play in groups going forward. I feel like playing Solo just isn't worth it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you group with 3 people or more, it also puts much higher ranked players on the enemy team to compensate for the supposedly more coordinated communication of the big stack.

It was matching higher for the Gold, but not for the 3000 players. Both of them were a bit shy of 3000 at the time. Our highest was 2700.

I dropped from 2700 to 2000 this weekend alone basically. Feels really bad. I always​ fill whatever role is needed, communicate, coordinate my ults with theirs and try my best to be a team player, but I only seem to win 1 in 3 on average.

It was never this bad in any other season. Maybe I'll just stick with Zarya and try my best to carry with her? Maybe I'll only play in groups going forward. I feel like playing Solo just isn't worth it.

I feel like someone mentioned it in here, but to carry, you need to DPS. Specifically something like Pharah, Road, Tracer, Soldier, etc. A tank is only as good as the healer and vice versa. A DPS that can make picks is the best way. There are so many times I've playing healer, where I just have a Genji or Tracer on me, and now I'm stuck as a 1v1 or the damage clearly isn't there as a tank to break though because someone wants to play Genji.

Of course, it can always be stopped. My last game as Soldier I was getting blamed for not taking down Pharah. Our other DPS was Genji. Their entire team shifted to Rein, Dva, Mercy, Zen. It's very clear who they were targetting on our team then.

Skii

As usual, don't play on weekends. Zarya is one of the best carries in the game so you can definitely stick with her.

I wonder if there will ever be another character with an ability to reset enemy's Ult charge to 0%.

50443d26afa96f1e19000038.gif

Top Bottom