• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

randome

What's your SR? What role do you like to play? What are your best characters in that category? What region? Do you use mic, or at least listen to group chat?

So many questions...

My SR is 1650. I've gotten to 2300+ but have just gotten shite teammates since then. I like Zarya and soldier a lot but will play anything. North America. I don't use a mic but can but always join voice chat.

Blues1990

My Dragonblade-shutdown Turret-hammerin' POTG from the inhouse xD

X6ii3od.png

Jesus. In the right hands, the little guy can be a goddamn monster.

I hate to see a Molton Core/Nano Boost Torbjorn could so. *shiver*

No it ain't. Hitting Pharah while airborne is a hassle, I appreciate, and taking apart Pharmercy is almost always a two-man job - but a great deal of my healing is also done while GAing to a target, or healing that target while I'm GAing to the next, or just flying around a point trying to stay alive and helpful.

It would take Mercy's only survivability ability - its use already entirely dictated by circumatance and literally unuseable if you don't happen to have a well-positioned ally to fly to - and give her a reason not to want to use it.

As a Mercy main, this is an affront! Bully! Bully, I say!

We are not talking about guardian angel, it's the other ability that allows your to descend slower that you use when doing pharmercy.

Angelic Descent is her passive that both lets her float and regenerates her HP.

The HP regenerates anyway right?

I don't see the problem of reducing the amount she can heal while doing Angelic Descent, is there any uses for that besides pharah? Since it makes her a easier target to hit I never thought of other ways to use it.

My SR is 1650. I've gotten to 2300+ but have just gotten shite teammates since then. I like Zarya and soldier a lot but will play anything. North America. I don't use a mic but can but always join voice chat.

That all matches up. I play Zen mostly these days, but can flex into any Tank/Healer not named Ana or Zarya. A good Soldier or Zarya teammate is always appreciated.

PSN is Aladdnsane

I still have to do Placements- that PSN is my alt. So give me a few days.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The more variety of characters you can play, the better. Being able to switch between Winston, Rein, and Zarya saves so much.

Getting beat with Ana, switch to Pharah and not working either since they keep getting behind. Switch to Winston and just invade their healers and fuck with their soldier. Went from losing, to pub stomping. They never adjust too it. So I spent the rest of the game just dropping shields in bad places to fuck up their soldier and hunting down their healers.

LiK

GG guys. Sweaty Comp matches tonight. At least we had some close wins with the losses.

Btw, We need to not overthink Anubis. I was already on the point capturing as Soldier and I killed the Mercy. Everyone should've just rushed in but you guys were somewhere. I ended up dying when the enemy team came back.

For Point B, we spent wayyyyyy too much time planning and we lost time to capture. Should've been fine going right in after a pick. We can't spend like a full minute just trying to get Ults.

GG guys. Sweaty Comp matches tonight. At least we had some close wins with the losses.

Btw, We need to not overthink Anubis. I was already on the point capturing as Soldier and I killed the Mercy. Everyone should've just rushed in but you guys were somewhere. I ended up dying when the enemy team came back.

For Point B, we spent wayyyyyy too much time planning and we lost time to capture. Should've been fine going right in after a pick.

Route 66 and the reverse sweep were great. Good games overall.

And yea we kind of flubbed Anubis, happy to get out of there with the draw.

komaruR

:(

I whiffed so many hooks that game.
Don't blame yourself, Caesar was juking like crazy. Caesar the Juke Master!
The in-house games were really fun with great players. Good break from low ello.

My highlight:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyTenuousRamenYee

Miro can learn a few things from me.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBraveMochaUnSane not on my watch! (from the ps4 gaf comp session we just have a few moment ago)
Can I join if I'm in Australia? My pings are average 46 in comp.

Join up next time and check hows the ping. Usually around 160ping and below is still soso ok to play. Anything higher, you will notice those delay'ed shots/kills. Join the discord too.

For Point B, we spent wayyyyyy too much time planning and we lost time to capture. Should've been fine going right in after a pick. We can't spend like a full minute just trying to get Ults.

Yeah. People just need to move in. I can fly to you so as long as you're some what in line of site I can zip across the battlefield.

Got my Mercy mojo back towards the latter half of the night. A couple of rezzes weren't so spectacular. But I was flying all over the place giving good heals.

Also PS4 In House post incoming!

LiK

Route 66 and the reverse sweep were great. Good games overall.

And yea we kind of flubbed Anubis, happy to get out of there with the draw.

Yea, we need to work on Anubis as a team. There's always confusion and people sound like they're panicking.

Gonna make it clear that Komaru likes to rush right and up the stairs all the time for Point A. So flankers can go left. Just kill shit as you rush in.

Also, I think Komaru needs to keep his eye on the kill feed more. XD

Yea, we need to work on Anubis as a team. There's always confusion and people sound like they're panicking.

Gonna make it clear that Komaru likes to rush right and up the stairs all the time for Point A. So flankers can go left. Just kill shit as you rush in.

I blame two CP.

komaruR

Yeah I do lol but it helps if you guys call out to me saying I'm alone in there too. Usually I'm too focus on dueling some1 lol.

And I like how you guys just dump me straight to comp after I joined lol. No warmups :p

I did something kinda cheeky today with tracer but it was rly fun.

We were on Anubis attack, I was tracer, and I managed to slip behind the enemy and start taking out their snipers. I got their Widow who was honestly doing most of their team's work, and because she was pretty much the most important part of that team I just went all the way to the enemy spawn, waited for her, then killed her as soon as she came out. And slowly my team started picking the rest off one by one and as they trickled out of the spawn room I would kill them, because the ones that came out were Hanzo, widow and Reinhardt, none of whom were really suited to taking out tracer 1v1. I managed to stop them all from getting back to point A for a good 45s, meaning the team fights were a 3v5 with no Reinhardt and we capped A really easily.

LiK

Man, everybody left the moment I got on

Are you on vacation? You've been coming on really late.

Those made up for the others no matter what my SR tells me.

It was pretty good matches overall. Still cracked me up when some guys switched off in Eichewalde on Defense for no reason. I predicted it would've gone bad and it did. lol

Amen. Doesn't feel like an unsuccessful stack even though technically we were 2-3-1. Lol

We just need to play together more. I feel like people spent way too much time discussing who to play. Just pick your faves right at the beginning and see how we do. If we're doing bad, we can just switch.

rfld3m8.jpg

The results are in #PS4WatchGAF!!!

Saturday was our biggest winner by far coming in at a total of 9 votes. Sunday was 6. Friday was 4. And one poor soul voted for Wednesday.

So our first in house games will be on a Saturday! Hopefully people who voted for the others can still make it.

With the results in it's time to decide which Saturday we should do it. I was thinking since next weekend is Easter weekend we push it to the following Saturday. Start the festivities early evening. I will create a roster of people who would like to join in so we know we have a solid group going in. Please let me know either via the thread here, PS message, or PM message if you would like to join up.

First person will be me obviously.

Also please join the Overwatch GAF discord... it will be great to communicate between the two teams. I know it's full of the PC gamers there but don't hold it against them. It only takes a few moments to download discord and get started.

Invite link is here: https://discord.gg/sKXtwgt

Backlogger

rfld3m8.jpg

The results are in #PS4WatchGAF!!!

Saturday was our biggest winner by far coming in at a total of 9 votes. Sunday was 6. Friday was 4. And one poor soul voted for Wednesday.

So our first in house games will be on a Saturday! Hopefully people who voted for the others can still make it.

With the results in it's time to decide which Saturday we should do it. I was thinking since next weekend is Easter weekend we push it to the following Saturday. Start the festivities early evening. I will create a roster of people who would like to join in so we know we have a solid group going in. Please let me know either via the thread here, PS message, or PM message if you would like to join up.

First person will be me obviously.

Also please join the Overwatch GAF discord... it will be great to communicate between the two teams. I know it's full of the PC gamers there but don't hold it against them. It only takes a few moments to download discord and get started.

Invite link is here: https://discord.gg/sKXtwgt

This makes me want to buy the PS4 version. I don't think I can play another game without a group.

Defuser

Been practicing on Zarya and I must say she is pretty difficult to survive if you do not have a healer backing you up or a reinhardt with you. I have to constantly keep a check on her shield ability cooldowns to ensure I'm able to engage/disengage in a fight.

I'm beginning to dislike Mercy when I'm playing as a tank because I die easily while she can only focus on other heros one by one while the rest of the support heroes have wider view and can focus on multiple at the same time.

Top Bottom