• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Only had one bad match. The rest were sweaty but we won some.

We were down 0-2 in Nepal and came back and won. ND already left so we had other Gaffers joined up.

Doesn't sound that messy then!

Pooh dump in straight into comp when I joined :(
no qp warmups at all.

You're back? Why didn't we play this weekend!

Ps4 players, I'm going to make an alt account, and just slowly level it up to 25 whenever we decide to play QP. I'll be adding the usual people.

Sounds good, hope it's not a lucio only alt..

komaruR

1 min on training bots ---> comp. The way to go.

not when i get an invite as soon i log on to ow lol
Doesn't sound that messy then!

You're back? Why didn't we play this weekend!

Sounds good, hope it's not a lucio only alt..
I'm playing a little later than usual the past 2 days.

Been a while since I played hanzo. my aim is terribad when i did a few qp session after with my friends after the gaf comp session on sat night. just waited to relax and chill from comp on sat's night comp session.

Ps4 players, I'm going to make an alt account, and just slowly level it up to 25 whenever we decide to play QP. I'll be adding the usual people.

Hopefully, it has a schtick to it.

LetsBreakITDown and you only play Lucio. That sort of thing. Roleplay when on the mic, too.

EDIT: Beaten. Confirmed that it's a great idea.

my favorite moments of the inhouse were when I made Antitrop switch from Hanjo to Mei, then further to Bastion to try to counter Winston, and literally annoying Skii to death.

This is the planet of the apes. Live with your new gods, or die as your old ones (Rein).

Tank bros. Alterntaing Rein and Winston.

antitrop

my favorite moments of the inhouse were when I made Antitrop switch from Hanjo to Mei, then further to Bastion to try to counter Winston, and literally annoying Skii to death.
Anne wanted me to start off that Gibraltar map playing Widow, lol

I wasn't trying to throw that round, but everything I wanted to switch to was already taken. That was also the round where I killed myself with Bastion's ult, because I forgot which button was self-heal.

Jellie

This is the planet of the apes. Live with your new gods, or die as your old ones (Rein).
Funny how as soon as he swapped to Winston they won on numbani. :|
My favourite was stickying skii with the pulse bomb during dragonblade and harassing his rein so much he had to swap off.
Anne wanted me to start off that Gibraltar map playing Widow, lol

I wasn't trying to throw that round, but everything I wanted to switch to was already taken. That was also the round where I killed myself with Bastion's ult, because I forgot which button was self-heal.

Forgot to ask earlier but why did you walk up Numbani main randomly on attack by yourself? Was like 10 seconds after your team died. Was so random.

antitrop

Forgot to ask earlier but why did you walk up Numbani main randomly on attack by yourself? Was like 10 seconds after your team died. Was so random.

My calling card as Zarya is pushing way too forward while personal bubble is still on cooldown and the rest of my team is dead behind me.

Literally no excuse. It's something I was slightly aware of before yesterday, but after watching Komaru's VOD back, I did it basically all the time.

My calling card as Zarya is pushing way too forward while personal bubble is still on cooldown and the rest of my team is dead behind me.

Literally no excuse.

It's easy to lose track of how much of your team is alive on tank, because you live longer than most and are in front of everyone else. I do that too.

I will literally start from the bottom and work up as Lucio.

And that's how I'll get my Lucio fix, so I don't have to throw with the gaf stack.

That account is going to place in bronze.

Fugu

Blizzard. It's a flat 50SR. Stupid it happens while you queue and DC before even in a game.
It's a bit crazy how much Blizzard has bungled the handling of disconnects and griefing in competitive.

For a player like me who disconnects probably once a month (maybe less), losing 50 SR outright -- for a game that hadn't even started yet! -- makes absolutely no sense. Why not use a graduated system like they do with the temp bans? Yes, you introduce the potential for the system to be exploited but it's a worthy tradeoff. They could even retain a small SR hit (like 10 or 15) to prevent players from preemptively disconnecting from games that they think are lost from the outset.

A second deficiency of their handling of competitive presented itself in my next game, where I was greeted with a player yelling "switch off of Pharah you fucking n-" the instant I joined the game who subsequently switched to Torbjorn (on attack Gibraltar) until I switched off of Pharah. We ended up winning the game but his verbal assault continued until I muted him. What's my recourse for this type of player? To toss out a report into the void? Why doesn't he lose 50SR?

Also fucking remove the Stay as Team feature. There is no good that can come out of joining a 5-man of strangers and then being steamrolled because the enemy team actually co-ordinate.

Yes, let's run with this. Everyone pick a Ned character and we'll stack it.

We could use a Nedhart but if we just want to roll with a Nedhog and Nedston for tanks, we can do that.

I can make a NedCree for DPS slot.

Dammit, well if this actually happens I'll make another account. But I already had to make the luciothegod email account, would suck to have to make another.

Maybe I'll just make Nedcer

Jellie

Also fucking remove the Stay as Team feature. There is no good that can come out of joining a 5-man of strangers and then being steamrolled because the enemy team actually co-ordinate.

I'm 2-1 using that team up feature. The loss was a steam roll while the wins were very close.

Fugu

I made a six-stack with that feature once. We played a few times over three days. We won our first eight games and went something like 15 and 5 before we stopped playing together.

I think most of my experiences with stay as a team have been good, although I can think of one time where exactly what you're describing happened.

LiK

I was doing good with some randoms and we won so we stayed as a team but then i heard them talk and they sounded like douchebags and we lost the next one. Silence is so much better with randoms.

I was doing good with some randoms and we won so we stayed as a team but then i heard them talk and they sounded like douchebags and we lost the next one. Silence is so much better with randoms.

Yeah randoms are the worst. It's not untill you group up that they just start dropping bigotted terms casually.

antitrop

r5hdXlP.png

Queen

Top Bottom