• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just had a lovely game where on defence, we had three healers and the last person who picked Ana, despite seeing we had a mercy and zen already, refused to switch. What is it with people in this game sometimes? Of course we lost the 1st point on Anubis in 60 secs.

I've said it before. But Zen is barely a healer. I feel like he's closer to a range DPS with his utility being support. His ult is great, but you need to absolutely have a Mercy or Ana to make up for his weak single target healing.

If the Zen is good at range and focuses on DPS. You basically have someone with Soldier's range, but hits harder.

So I don't actually think it's a terrible comp. It's definitely not a bad one and I would say even err on the side of good. It will have strong healer and good range. Weakness would be if they ran a slightly tankier team with Genji or Mercy.

Honestly I think we just need to be more aggressive.

We have Tanks who poke at a choke... Just move forward. If you died then it's on us for not healing or dealing damage.

We always rely on the double healer. Yes it's typically a safe bet but I think we use it as a safety net too much. Like LiK said we could have done point A with a single healer on Kings Row. We can go double when we have the payload in our hands.

Same for 2cp we can probably do the first one on a single healer.

Defense is obviously a different story as we need to maintain the line.

We all know our roles really well but I think the semi constant tilting and love of SR have made us less aggressive than we need to be. On attack we should be constantly moving forward. If we wipe we just do it again. We'll break through. Waiting a minute to form a game plan just wastes our ability to get it done. Just keep moving. On defense we need to hold chokes but on payloads stay on the payload at the choke.

Decide which direction to go in the spawn.

And unless the Tanks really need it (like using an ult, or a push) healing them is secondary. If you're at half you're doing fine as a few shots will wipe out DPS and then our tank is standing there with me trying to do whatever. I will get to the Tanks when the DPS are safe enough. Or when you're below 50 percent.

Ok you guys made me buy persona 5......

Good :)

If you thought Pharah was needed then you should've switched. Other people will adjust accordingly. We don't even need double healer support for Point A in King's Row anyway. There was no reason to tilt, yell at us and then bail. Can't learn to play as a team if that happens, dude.

I don't like going dps by myself and then wait for someone to go healer without a clear idea of who is gonna do it and if he's gonna do it at all, a change like that has to made as a team. And to me it was reason to tilt because I spoke right at the beginning and was ignored until the very end, we've played together for a good amount of time now, shouldn't happen. Also you played a lot of Pharah in QP before (Tracer too), together with Soldier you have a solid offensive character pool, it was a good time to use her there, even though you might not have played with her for a while.

We had a random who was Soldier and he wasn't good at taking out the tanks after I took out the barriers with Junk. I was taking down Rein's barrier and also focusing on Dva and got her outta her Meka plenty of times. She didn't eat a lot of grenades cuz I was attacking her from behind most of the time. She was focused on the other guys most of the time. We just couldn't hold it against the flankers who were stalling.

I didn't notice the way soldier was playing, what I know is that the amount of rip-tire kills the other junkrat got was not normal and he should've destroyed them more often since it's like the easiest thing in the world to do unless the tire is right in your face.

As Pharah I was cutting off their support. If we had taken the point without it down we would have been rolled like we did at the very start.

Maybe I missed some turrets at the choke as I was trying to cut off support but at that point you were already tilted beyond any reason to listen.

I don't think there were turrets there when you switch, that's fine. The teleporter was not a good decision because that way we didn't even had a chance to contest, but like I said I know the intention was good.

exYle

Honestly I think we just need to be more aggressive.

We have Tanks who poke at a choke... Just move forward. If you died then it's on us for not healing or dealing damage.

We always rely on the double healer. Yes it's typically a safe bet but I think we use it as a safety net too much. Like LiK said we could have done point A with a single healer on Kings Row. We can go double when we have the payload in our hands.

Same for 2cp we can probably do the first one on a single healer.

Defense is obviously a different story as we need to maintain the line.

We all know our roles really well but I think the semi constant tilting and love of SR have made us less aggressive than we need to be. On attack we should be constantly moving forward. If we wipe we just do it again. We'll break through. Waiting a minute to form a game plan just wastes our ability to get it done. Just keep moving. On defense we need to hold chokes but on payloads stay on the payload at the choke.

Decide which direction to go in the spawn.

And unless the Tanks really need it (like using an ult, or a push) healing them is secondary. If you're at half you're doing fine as a few shots will wipe out DPS and then our tank is standing there with me trying to do whatever. I will get to the Tanks when the DPS are safe enough. Or when you're below 50 percent.

I know what you guys need.

A Sombra main.

I don't think there were turrets there when you switch, that's fine. The teleporter was not a good decision because that way we didn't even had a chance to contest, but like I said I know the intention was good.

You could be right that it was a bad decision to go after it. But hind site is 20/20.

I would still like to point out that the soldier was back there with me... In the alley.

They weren't doing their job. They should have been with you to cap the point.

So if soldier is in the alley... And I'm in the alley who is going to make it back to point faster? I can just fly up and be there... He had to traverse hallways.

I just want you to see the whole picture here... It wasn't just the fact I went after tele. The soldier went to. And at that point people were throwing things at the wall anyways.

Jellie

RIP Skii and you totally were.
I am sure you weren't but telling myself that makes my heart feel better.
I uploaded that kings row game. Lemme know if you wanna see. I don't just target you :(
Paging Jellie.

That was nice.

I know what you guys need.

A Sombra main.

Do it. We got rolled by a team who use her a couple of days ago. Her combo potential is really good, just make sure to get the healers in there so they can't use their ults to prevent what's going to happen next. I think we should try her more on attack.

You could be right that it was a bad decision to go after it. But hind site is 20/20.

I would still like to point out that the soldier was back there with me... In the alley.

They weren't doing their job. They should have been with you to cap the point.

So if soldier is in the alley... And I'm in the alley who is going to make it back to point faster? I can just fly up and be there... He had to traverse hallways.

I just want you to see the whole picture here... It wasn't just the fact I went after tele. The soldier went to. And at that point people were throwing things at the wall anyways.

Well fuck no wonder we got melted by the junkrat and sym at close range when fighting on point lol

exYle

Do it. We got rolled by a team who use her a couple of days ago. Her combo potential is really good, just make sure to get the healers in there so they can't use their ults to prevent what's going to happen next. I think we should try her more on attack.

FUCK YES I GOT PERMISSION FUCK YOU BATMAN EAT A FAT DICK

LiK

Good :)

I don't like going dps by myself and then wait for someone to go healer without a clear idea of who is gonna do it and if he's gonna do it at all, a change like that has to made as a team. And to me it was reason to tilt because I spoke right at the beginning and was ignored until the very end, we've played together for a good amount of time now, shouldn't happen. Also you played a lot of Pharah in QP before (Tracer too), together with Soldier you have a solid offensive character pool, it was a good time to use her there, even though you might not have played with her for a while.

I didn't notice the way soldier was playing, what I know is that the amount of rip-tire kills the other junkrat got was not normal and he should've destroyed them more often since it's like the easiest thing in the world to do unless the tire is right in your face.

Yea, I was checking kill feed and the Soldier random was doing jackshit against the tanks. I dunno what that random was doing. I'm not even sure if he was in Team Chat, tbh.

Next time, we'll just need to be more aggressive at Point A for the very first push. Dying isn't a big deal at the start since we respawn so quickly there.

I'll play as Pharah next time but I'm not as good with her as I used to be. I'm only good with her now.

...I play Sombra...

You don't just player her, you're a sombra main :p

FUCK YES I GOT PERMISSION FUCK YOU BATMAN EAT A FAT DICK

lmao

This hurts my feeling because I literally am the one constantly encouraging Orisa, Torb, Sombra, and other wacky picks.

How can you say it's me holding you back?!

This is true.

Though we all go back with what we said when it's owzers picking orisa. Let's not get crazy here.

Yea, I was checking kill feed and the Soldier random was doing jackshit against the tanks. I dunno what that random was doing. I'm not even sure if he was in Team Chat, tbh.

Next time, we'll just need to be more aggressive at Point A for the very first push. Dying isn't a big deal at the start since we respawn so quickly there.

I'll play as Pharah next time but I'm not as good with her as I used to be. I'm only good with her now.

Yup do it. And if you feel you're not having a good match just change to a healer/tank, we will get the message

exYle

This hurts my feeling because I literally am the one constantly encouraging Orisa, Torb, Sombra, and other wacky picks.

???!?!??!?

Nah it's not typical for the country. I work in kind of a foster home, so my shift starts when the kids get out of school

Just had a dope game with Sombra. My teammates were great too, but with her buffs and some communication, she can do some real work now. I think I'm gonna put some serious hours into her this season
*removes from friend list*

LiK

Yup do it. And if you feel you're not having a good match just change to a healer/tank, we will get the message

Of course, if the random didn't pick Soldier, I would've been Soldier but I doubt he would've switched for us. But I'll be Pharah next time especially if enemy team doesn't have a Soldier or Widow to pick me off.

I spent the weekend having fun in BotW and climbing ladder in Hearthstone instead of tryhing to break through to the 2800/2900 in Overwatch.

Might jump back into the trenches tonight but man I'm having with my other games at the moment.

exYle

Giving you shit on Gaf is not the same as being in the character selection screen and telling everyone to just do their thing. Which I always try to do. Owzers Orisa not withstanding.

I'd be honored to lose alongside your Sombra.

Lol dude, I know. Just giving you a hard time.

If you and LiK are shipped on GAF then you and I forever entrenched in war

LiK

I enjoyed seeing Vault's Tracer in action again last night. Altho his Zarya wasn't bad either. Nice to have someone else play Zarya in our group.

Mr Git

I'm back home in 4 weeks and then really definitely have to play with GAF - only really play with one friend normally. I suspect most of youse are in the US - how's the EU/US server lag? Doable? Mains are Tracer, D.va, Symmetra, Sombra, Mei and Mercy.

rulerk1

There has been a increase in ppl who only come on mic at the end to say this team sucks. They don't even sound like children too which makes it sad

KiraFA37

I'm back home in 4 weeks and then really definitely have to play with GAF - only really play with one friend normally. I suspect most of youse are in the US - how's the EU/US server lag? Doable? Mains are Tracer, D.va, Symmetra, Sombra, Mei and Mercy.

We got a couple of EU guys that are pretty active, just drop down in the discord. EU/NA lag is something around 110-140ms depending on where you are in EU.

Looks like I missed a messy gaf stack last night. On the plus side it doesn't seem like you guys were down that many games, so I take it as a sign of improvement!

The GAF stack is getting larger by the day! We might need to split it up into 2 sections.

Early evening and late night stacks.

I'm not sure who would be available with late night stacks 9pm PST (besides maybe buttchin and myself).

I encourage oddball picks all day! I tried to convince Cappa to go Mei and co-signed for torbjorn Ned (neither of them did it, played it safe instead!)

I don't think I can get behind Batman Lucio... I can't in good conscious let the talent go to waste... on lucio...

PS4 or PC? We have a couple of players outside of the US (PS4 here), and for the most part don't have that bad issues with lag. At least they don't complain often about it.

LiK

Looks like I missed a messy gaf stack last night. On the plus side it doesn't seem like you guys were down that many games, so I take it as a sign of improvement!

The GAF stack is getting larger by the day! We might need to split it up into 2 sections.

Only had one bad match. The rest were sweaty but we won some.

We were down 0-2 in Nepal and came back and won. ND already left so we had other Gaffers joined up.

komaruR

Early evening and late night stacks.

I'm not sure who would be available with late night stacks 9pm PST (besides maybe buttchin and myself).

I encourage oddball picks all day! I tried to convince Cappa to go Mei and co-signed for torbjorn Ned (neither of them did it, played it safe instead!)

I don't think I can get behind Batman Lucio... I can't in good conscious let the talent go to waste... on lucio...

PS4 or PC? We have a couple of players outside of the US (PS4 here), and for the most part don't have that bad issues with lag. At least they don't complain often about it.

Pooh dump in straight into comp when I joined :(
no qp warmups at all.

Only had one bad match. The rest were sweaty but we won some.

We were down 0-2 in Nepal and came back and won. ND already left so we had other Gaffers joined up.

I switched to winston, was a bit worry about their reaper but nope. wasn't a reaper that i can't handle :p

rfld3m8.jpg

The results are in #PS4WatchGAF!!!

Saturday was our biggest winner by far coming in at a total of 9 votes. Sunday was 6. Friday was 4. And one poor soul voted for Wednesday.

So our first in house games will be on a Saturday! Hopefully people who voted for the others can still make it.

It will be Saturday 4/22/17 - Time of day TBD.

Also please join the Overwatch GAF discord... it will be great to communicate between the two teams.

Invite link is here: https://discord.gg/sKXtwgt

my favorite moments of the inhouse were when I made Antitrop switch from Hanjo to Mei, then further to Bastion to try to counter Winston, and literally annoying Skii to death.

This is the planet of the apes. Live with your new gods, or die as your old ones (Rein).

Top Bottom