• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

exYle

What the hell? Freaking Canada man.

Nah it's not typical for the country. I work in kind of a foster home, so my shift starts when the kids get out of school

Just had a dope game with Sombra. My teammates were great too, but with her buffs and some communication, she can do some real work now. I think I'm gonna put some serious hours into her this season

Nah it's not typical for the country. I work in kind of a foster home, so my shift starts when the kids get out of school

Just had a dope game with Sombra. My teammates were great too, but with her buffs and some communication, she can do some real work now. I think I'm gonna put some serious hours into her this season
*removes from friend list*

I'm imagining a world where nd doesn't tilt

Well, trying to.

Kinda hard considering what happened.

Map: King's Row (one of the best maps for pharah)
Enemy team: Rein, D.Va, Genji, Junkrat, Mercy, Symmetra
Our team (attack): Rein, Zarya, S76, Junkrat, Mercy, Lucio (me)

Me after the match started:

"Guys, they don't have anything to counter pharah" - team: nothing, dps never change during the whole round

Symmetra turrets all over the choke making it impossible to cross in the beginning. Guess who can deal with turrets easily? Fucking Pharah.

~1:30 minutes before the round ends, mercy switch to pharah... sorry tanks

~45s until the match ends, pharah goes after the teleporter making the last fight a 5vs6 with barely any healing when she could've have killed every single person on the point unchallenged and then we could've worried about securing it.
"Guys, the teleporter is down" Well fuck we are all dead and there's 5s until the game ends.

The intention was good (change and telporter), I know that. But it's the job of the dps to make that change and know how to adapt, because otherwise the team's balance goes to shit. If they can't, then communicate and change to a healer/tank so another person can take the role. We had more than enough time to adapt, there's just no excuse.

Me being a pretty good pharah only makes me tilt more, because that would've been an extremely easy point to take. A Winston should easily have it too.

I expect this shit from randoms, not in a 5-stack where we are all talking/listening. Even worse after having so many good games with a 4-stack before where everyone sticked to a role and could adapt accordingly. Hopefully shit like this doesn't happen again.

MG310

13-5 tonight. Now 200-195-35 on the season and back above 2500.

Hit 3000 comp. points after a Dorado defense where I had 22 kills/17 objective with Symmetra so I went with her golden gun this time.

Good breakdown ND. You're not wrong. I definitely could have changed BUT that Junkrat and Symm were keeping me at literally 50 charge and over the whole time, twice I almost got the point solo. So I felt justified on Zarya. But technically I'm also guilty of not switching :(

We definitely need to become a team that adapts better, not worth quitting one game in for me personally, but I understand. Hopefully next time is better.

Cappa

Banned
Good breakdown ND. You're not wrong. I definitely could have changed BUT that Junkrat and Symm were keeping me at literally 50 charge and over the whole time, twice I almost got the point solo. So I felt justified on Zarya. But technically I'm also guilty of not switching :(

We definitely need to become a team that adapts better, not worth quitting one game in for me personally, but I understand. Hopefully next time is better.
The four stack we had with you nd me and scrub works because we can play any of the roles and play them well.

I mean I remember you saying you thought you were playing like crap but the fact that we were able to work around our two randoms all the time is what helped us. With you and nd I've played a ton but with scrub this was only the second time and I feel like we did really well. Even our only loss I felt like we didn't lose at the fault of any us four.... Well my fault for disconnecting lol.

I think for stacks to work people need to be able to switch on the dime to any hero to fill a role but also need to play well. Like I got stuck rein duties and think I did really well lol

I don't know I like playing with everyone but their are a few of you guys that I do better with than others lol

The four stack we had with you nd me and scrub works because we can play any of the roles and play them well.

I mean I remember you saying you thought you were playing like crap but the fact that we were able to work around our two randoms all the time is what helped us. With you and nd I've played a ton but with scrub this was only the second time and I feel like we did really well. Even our only loss I felt like we didn't lose at the fault of any us four.... Well my fault for disconnecting lol.

I think for stacks to work people need to be able to switch on the dime to any hero to fill a role but also need to play well. Like I got stuck rein duties and think I did really well lol

I don't know I like playing with everyone but their are a few of you guys that I do better with than others lol
That stack was really good. Scrub Zarya + me Tracer, or Scrub Pharah + me Zarya, fun to be able to swap like that.

You are the most reliable Solider, but your Rein was awesome.

ND can be trusted with pretty much anything.

Great synergy in that group. Felt like we completely changed team comp one or two times a game, and it always worked.

Zarya is always good, especially with a junk on the enemy team. I remember you saying that you had 70 charge basically as soon as the doors opened from all the spam (firestrike and sym too) lol

I could've switched to Pharah, but as a support I really don't like doing it. It would've probably worked, but I'd rather not do things that way playing in a group.

I only quit after that game because I was really into persona. I stopped playing it when you invited me expecting some good games and to have fun, but after that one I really didn't felt like playing anymore. There's a lot of personas combinations to find :p

You did very well as Rein, that potg in hollywood was awesome. I felt like I played him like shit in that route 66 game on defense, so thank you for picking him in the other games.

Scrub is really good and his hero pool is very solid, covering basically everything.

And I really like having batman as dps (tracer). The only downside is that he gets most of the potgs, we want to show off too!

Zen Aku

Somehow today I won with two of my friends on Lijang Tower 3-2 where the enemy team has a Pharmercy combo, and we had a Pharah(my friend) and a Junkrat who refuses to play any other character.

That Pharah was just destroying us but my other friend (Zarya) and our Rein manages to keep her somewhat in control.

Fuck people who refuses to switch. (that Junkrat is a healer main to top it off)

Cappa

Banned
It's insanely good. I'm currently balancing Zelda, Persona, Overwatch, and studying for finals (not much of this happening.) so much good stuff to play right now.

But be sure to come back for the event!
I'll definitely be around overwatch until Thursday at least. Going to visit my grandparents Easter weekend and no Internet there. Will take advantage to finish up ffxv and play some Persona.

I always try playing other games but I'll play for like at most an hour and then just end up switching back to overwatch lol

The inhouse was too late for me to join hope you guys had fun

It was fun; we had some great matches and a lot of great moments. I honestly stayed up really late for it, but I already had a messed up sleeping schedule. It was worth it, since I don't get such quality matches in my SR range.

KomaruR was the MVP. He streamed the whole thing and has most of the highlights saved:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134564713

My highlights LOL (watch the end):
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyTenuousRamenYee

Zen Aku

I can't even focus on any other game. I got Persona, Horizon and Mass Effect in my backlog and every time I want to play a game, I fire up Overwatch.

Help me.

(Not to mention Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 1.5+2.5, FFXV season pass stuff, and Dishonored 2)

Marvel

could never
I can't even focus on any other game. I got Persona, Horizon and Mass Effect in my backlog and every time I want to play a game, I fire up Overwatch.

Help me.

(Not to mention Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 1.5+2.5, FFXV season pass stuff, and Dishonored 2)
This is me.

I just got the game and I have a bunch of new games collecting dust now because of OW.

It was fun; we had some great matches and a lot of great moments. I honestly stayed up really late for it, but I already had a messed up sleeping schedule. It was worth it, since I don't get such quality matches in my SR range.

KomaruR was the MVP. He streamed the whole thing and has most of the highlights saved:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134564713

My highlights LOL (watch the end):
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyTenuousRamenYee
Lol nice.

Watched the vod till end of kings row Ceaser was goin off😤

Owzers

"Guys, they don't have anything to counter pharah" - team: nothing, dps never change during the whole round

Symmetra turrets all over the choke making it impossible to cross in the beginning. Guess who can deal with turrets easily? Fucking Pharah.

~45s until the match ends, pharah goes after the teleporter making the last fight a 5vs6 with barely any healing when she could've have killed every single person on the point unchallenged and then we could've worried about securing it.
"Guys, the teleporter is down" Well fuck we are all dead and there's 5s until the game ends.

The intention was good (change and telporter), I know that. But it's the job of the dps to make that change and know how to adapt, because otherwise the team's balance goes to shit. If they can't, then communicate and change to a healer/tank so another person can take the role. We had more than enough time to adapt, there's just no excuse.

Me being a pretty good pharah only makes me tilt more, because that would've been an extremely easy point to take. A Winston should easily have it too.

I expect this shit from randoms, not in a 5-stack where we are all talking/listening. Even worse after having so many good games with a 4-stack before where everyone sticked to a role and could adapt accordingly. Hopefully shit like this doesn't happen again.
I have to assume that these are all learning experiences and we will have things down by Overwatch 2. But yeah...that was a frustrating game.

LiK

If you thought Pharah was needed then you should've switched. Other people will adjust accordingly. We don't even need double healer support for Point A in King's Row anyway. There was no reason to tilt, yell at us and then bail. Can't learn to play as a team if that happens, dude.

Cappa

Banned
If you thought Pharah was needed then you should've switched. Other people will adjust accordingly. We don't even need double healer support for Point A in King's Row anyway. There was no reason to tilt, yell at us and then bail. Can't learn to play as a team if that happens, dude.
But the healers shouldn't be the ones switching if no one is going to take the healers spot, if mercy went Pharah and Lucio was only healer that's just not going to work . Two healers are probably necessary on the first choke when there's a Symmetra and junk rat on the other team because you're going to be eating damage every push.

I wasn't there but from the composition of both teams a Pharah from the beginning would have been the best solution over the attack junkrat imo. They had a dva to eat junkrats grenades and a Genji to deflect them back.

LiK

But the healers shouldn't be the ones switching if no one is going to take the healers spot, if mercy went Pharah and Lucio was only healer that's just not going to work . Two healers are probably necessary on the first choke when there's a Symmetra and junk rat on the other team because you're going to be eating damage every push.

I wasn't there but from the composition of both teams a Pharah from the beginning would have been the best solution over the attack junkrat imo. They had a dva to eat junkrats grenades and a Genji to deflect them back.

All I'm saying is that the person yelling the loudest for a certain hero should be the one switching. ND is already telling us what a great Pharah he is. If they needed a Lucio, I can play Lucio.

We had a random who was Soldier and he wasn't good at taking out the tanks after I took out the barriers with Junk. I was taking down Rein's barrier and also focusing on Dva and got her outta her Meka plenty of times. She didn't eat a lot of grenades cuz I was attacking her from behind most of the time. She was focused on the other guys most of the time. We just couldn't hold it against the flankers who were stalling.

And yes, you needed to be there to see what happened. Not just judge it from the team comp here.

So many junkrat, hanzo, reaper, attack torbs and symm yesterday.

It wasn't a good day. To top it off everyone seemingly died out of position so I couldn't even rez us out of tight spots. Yet I still get bitched out in chat. Thanks randos.

ND if you wanted a Pharah go Pharah. The others can switch out.

I believe our random was a soldier at that point because he was back there when I was taking out the teleporter. You want to blame a dps? Blame him. He wasnt full filling his role.

As Pharah I was cutting off their support. If we had taken the point without it down we would have been rolled like we did at the very start.

Maybe I missed some turrets at the choke as I was trying to cut off support but at that point you were already tilted beyond any reason to listen.

If you want a change in the group and no one is doing it just do it and one of us will switch to support or vise versa.

The Pharah was me. ND is trying to be respectful by not revealing who it is but I switched off because we aren't cutting their support off well enough and he was asking for one.

Owzers

I see switching improvement, like in eich they had me switch from Winston on attack A because there was a bastion and we did it before I died. Thats pro-tier switching.

Kings row was just realllly bad and we should have that worked out by now, but I think it does often. The changes need to come quicker when we for sure know what's wrong.

LiK

I see switching improvement, like in eich they had me switch from Winston on attack A because there was a bastion and we did it before I died. Thats pro-tier switching.

The amount of Bastion cheeses last night was pretty irritating. I was surprised how many teams did that for both Attack and Defense.

_Legacy_

Just had a lovely game where on defence, we had three healers and the last person who picked Ana, despite seeing we had a mercy and zen already, refused to switch. What is it with people in this game sometimes? Of course we lost the 1st point on Anubis in 60 secs.

To make matters worse, the other team were poor and must have thought it was Christmas when they saw our line-up. Lost the game 4-3 and I nearly burst a blood vessel from the rage. Really wish I could reach through random teammates' screens and slap them around sometimes.

Lost all my solo queue games today, what a shit session. Just waiting for my peeps to come online now, fuck these retarded randoms.

The communication with the stack, in general, is either on or it's off. There's no in between. You'll have a game where people are asking about switches or talking about directions to push and getting silence. Afterwards, we all get on about what we should have done.

It tends to work better with smaller groups. It's weird because it's the exact same people, the stack just has more of them. Maybe someone needs to become a de facto leader and the rest stick strictly to call-outs.

Also, I'm learning that my tilt isn't really a rage. It manifests as trying to force plays to happen, like initiating too early or chasing kills that don't need to be chased.

_Legacy_

The amount of Bastion cheeses last night was pretty irritating. I was surprised how many teams did that for both Attack and Defense.

It can certainly be annoying, especially when you're facing an attack bastion, some players can be really sneaky with him as well.

LiK

It can certainly be annoying, especially when you're facing an attack bastion, some players can be really sneaky with him as well.

Yea, we were playing against stacks and the worst one was a Bastion constantly guarded by a D.va with DM as Attack on Payload. That was a good strat. Better than Rein shield if the Bastion is good with picks.

Top Bottom