• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Had the Healer's lament today- Rein drops his shield to firestrike, Widow plugs my poor, perfect, previously-shielded robot boy Zen in the head. I rage- to myself, but still, the forms must be observed.

Two games later I'm Rein. Firestrike, and get my lovely and loved Mercy headshot.

Circle of Life. Karma. Hakuna Matata, Etc. Mercy (who I'm sure tilted because of me), I'm so, so sorry. I just wanted to kill the Mei.

Mei is the real culprit here. She plotted this whole thing.

Cappa

Banned
This is the first event where I really don't really like any of the skins enough to feel compelled to get a loot box pack. McCree's is perhaps the one I like most, but even that isn't doing much for me.

I love it! Much better than her other flexing pose, it's gotta be my favourite overall for her.
Im also not buying any loot boxes the highlight intros and emotes I can purchase with coins. Not interested in any of the skins

Yeah the new mode is fun like once or twice but it becomes a chore. I was so bored yesterday playing it in our group lol. If we ever do expert or legendary I'm in but I'm not touching that mode again on any other level

I only got one game in last night with randoms.

It was on Normal with 4 heroes to check everything out and we cruised through it. Nobody died. Mercy held rez the entire game.

I'm taking a half day today so I'm kinda excited to try it on higher difficulties, with the All Heroes option.

Alt account, torb highlight intro in the first box, 7-8 boxes after I only got hanzo emote so far.

Lame.

Primary account, 1st box pharah emote, 2nd zen highlight, 3rd widowmaker legendary.

O_O

komaruR

10 minutes of Miro giving Rein tips with eng subs

http://tv.naver.com/v/1507428

The guy making the eng subs for these says he is going to do all of LH's "Overwatch School" series. Miro's Winston guide is up next.

when in pinch, leap up in the air and let Ryujehong ana air heal you. :p
but all seriousness, watching miro's winston plays really improved my winston. jump often, its a good disorientation move + give yourself a breather for people to heal you. then he's leap cd management along with the ult leap was superb.

Backlogger

Im also not buying any loot boxes the highlight intros and emotes I can purchase with coins. Not interested in any of the skins

I still think it's a shame they make it so hard to get all the skins you want. During the last even tI think I spent $40-50 on packs plus played tons of arcade games. In the end I barely had enough coins to buy the D.Va skin on the last day. Not doing that again.

I don't mind the random loots but if there was a way to buy skins with real money I'd be down for that.

Got 6-7 boxes yesterday with nothing new but sprays and voice lines.

So now, I enter grind mode. What is the fastest mode in terms of getting experience (and thus boxes)?

when in pinch, leap up in the air and let Ryujehong ana air heal you. :p
but all seriousness, watching miro's winston plays really improved my winston. jump often, its a good disorientation move + give yourself a breather for people to heal you. then he's leap cd management along with the ult leap was superb.

Yup. The best thing I could've done was start seeing his stream.

Yesterday I was practicing winston in practice range trying to control the lenght of his jumps when jumping forward (the distance changes depending on the position of the left analog stick at the moment of the jump). Didn't even knew this was a thing before I watched miro playing and seeing how he controled his jumps.

Truth to be told winston was my less played character in the game, never liked him before, but now that I know his potential he quickly became one of my favorite characters.

ND returns.

Grinding for the loot boxes is so boring though ;_;

I just pick bastion on all heroes normal difficulty and go through that as fast as I can.

4th box had winston victory pose and the 5th had another legendary (bastion) and epic (reaper emote), both regular stuff.

My drop rate in the main account was always insane, the alt doesn't even begin to compare. I'm at level ~100 and barely got any legendaries, meanwhile on the main I get a legendary every 6-7 boxes. I kinda doubt that this shit is random.

Got 6-7 boxes yesterday with nothing new but sprays and voice lines.

So now, I enter grind mode. What is the fastest mode in terms of getting experience (and thus boxes)?

To get those 9 wins just pick bastion on normal mode all heroes, shit goes down as soon as they land.

komaruR

Yup. The best thing I could've done was start seeing his stream.

Yesterday I was practicing winston in practice range trying to control the lenght of his jumps when jumping forward (the distance changes depending on the position of the left analog stick at the moment of the jump). Didn't even knew this was a thing before I watched miro playing and seeing how he controled his jumps.

Truth to be told winston was my less played character in the game, never liked him before, but now that I know his potential he quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Grinding for the loot boxes is so boring though ;_;

I just pick bastion on all heroes normal difficulty and go through that as fast as I can.

4th box had winston victory pose and the 5th had another legendary (bastion) and epic (reaper emote), both regular stuff.

My drop rate in the main account was always insane, the alt doesn't even begin to compare. I'm at level ~100 and barely got any legendaries, meanwhile on the main I get a legendary every 6-7 boxes. I kinda doubt that this shit is random.

To get those 9 wins just pick bastion on normal mode all heroes, shit goes down as soon as they land.
think I joined after you left the gaf comp group.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBraveMochaUnSane was pharah for the first 2 match and it didnt work out. was down 0-2 then i switched to winston and stayed winston. came back 3-2! i was constantly jumping on their backline and trying to kill their mercy or zen. i tried dueling their reaper too lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
game about omnic rights
every pve mode is about slaughtering hundreds of omnics
thinking-face.png

think I joined after you left the gaf comp group.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBraveMochaUnSane was pharah for the first 2 match and it didnt work out. was down 0-2 then i switched to winston and stayed winston. came back 3-2! i was constantly jumping on their backline and trying to kill their mercy or zen. i tried dueling their reaper too lol.

Yup he's a god. That discord hurts though :(

Mercy is easily my favorite target when I play him as well :D

There's no point in attacking someone that's being healed since his damage suck, so healers first always.

I got the nine wins, but now that I've got ever arcade box for the week, I'm curious what the most efficient mode is to gain levels.

Playing with someone is better because you get 20%exp bonus.

I think the experience you gain is related to the duration of the game more than anything (there's also bonus for victory and medals). I don't really think it matters the mode you play, but I could be wrong.

JHall

Lucio now yells BOOSTI-OOOO when getting nano boosted. Heard it on Calvin's stream last night.

Blizzard stays winning.

Good thing the skins for this event don't do much for me because my first five boxes have been TRASH.
Except for Sym's new victory pose, that one is grand.

Opened 5 loot boxes so far. Got Egyptian bird face Zenyatta Legendary, which admittedly looks nice, but he is a character I dont use. The rest of my stuff has been nothing but garbage blue and grey items.
All I want is the new cleavage-centric Widowmaker outfit. Then I will go back to playing Mass effect online.

M.D

I'm in the process of converting my WoW gold into B.net currency

Should I buy Overwatch now or is there any holiday or other possible sale on the horizon?

Only spent £5 on loot boxes and between those and the boxes I earned I have all but Tracer's Uprising skins for the good guys... Really want that and at least Genji's skin before the event is over. Not a bad start!

antitrop

This gave me hope, but it's still 40€ for the regular edition on the battle.net store :(

Origins is discounted though (-10€).

Oh my mistake. I figured the discount applied to both versions, because it usually does. (I bought the non-Origins Edition on sale on PC about 6 months ago).

M.D

Well, I bought the normal edition and am going to spend the 12 euros which are left in my balance on those uprising boxes because of course I'm going to buy cosmetics at some point so why not now when it's basically my WoW gold that I'm spending

Anyone play Reinhardt and use his hammer via animation cancelling? Here is a video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUMQsGqoio

Didn't find out about this until today. Shiet.

honestly...blizzard is trying to kill alot of the animation canceling stuff. (the reinhard hammer animation cancelling use to be WAY faster and way better but got changed.)

from what I gather, it's really not worth investing time to master this technique on rein. The technique u want to master on rein is jumping charge and aiming it as good as a non jumping charge. (sounds easy, but a little harder than you think being that, when you jump, you lose the vision of exactly where the enemies are in front of you.)

Shahadan

I got the beardless mechanic Torbjorn skin just now and I'm afraid to use it because I can't picture anything else than a small old man cosplaying Cidney from FFXV for some reason

Cth

Ugh, got an error when I tried to buy a loot box last night which said to try again in a few.

Which I did, now I've somehow bought 3 boxes :D

NeoRaider

10 loot boxes later still not a single event skin. Not even Epic one.
On the other side i think that i already got all the player icons. My loot boxes were all white/blue. One Epic coins and one Legendary duplicate Mercy skin.

snack

honestly...blizzard is trying to kill alot of the animation canceling stuff. (the reinhard hammer animation cancelling use to be WAY faster and way better but got changed.)

from what I gather, it's really not worth investing time to master this technique on rein. The technique u want to master on rein is jumping charge and aiming it as good as a non jumping charge. (sounds easy, but a little harder than you think being that, when you jump, you lose the vision of exactly where the enemies are in front of you.)

What are the advantages of doing a jumping charge?

Top Bottom