• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

This is the first event where I really don't really like any of the skins enough to feel compelled to get a loot box pack. McCree's is perhaps the one I like most, but even that isn't doing much for me.

Zarya's new "THIS is strength!" Victory Pose.

Hold me!
I love it! Much better than her other flexing pose, it's gotta be my favourite overall for her.

Bought 20 loot boxes, got:

*Blackwatch Genji
*Blackwatch McCree
^ Really happy about these two as they were by far what I wanted the most.

*Reinhardt Overwatch uniform skin (eh, good enough as it's probably nice to work on the whole team uniform)
*Legendary Orisa skin, the stag beetle

Pretty decent results.

Gorillaz

First time playing comp in about a week and almost got tilted after losing a 2nd game with our rein doing his own thing and charging in without support on Anubis. Called it quits for the day lol.

Overall this was a cool little event. It feels the same as the others to me in the sense that after I do it once I don't feel the need to come back to it. However this event did feel a bit more weighty so that might change.

Blackwater skin mercy skin and D.VA's new highlight intro are my only 'want' pickups this time around. Especially Dvas. With them going further into the blackwater stuff and skins i'm wondering if that will be the next PvE content with those characters? Could be fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
C9JqRKXWsAA2qMB.jpg

Pharah's father looks Native American to me. I remember people speculating that was why she had the Thunderbird skin.

glad ana found someone to look after reinhardts kid

Definitely going to have to use mics / coordinate for the new Brawl in Legendary. Cant even beat it on expert, that last stretch after the payload blows up is rough.

I have come closest with a "clear the high ground on the right, clear out Main St before the bend from there" and then "clear the high ground on the left and wipe out the remaining Main St Omnics and the Orisa on the right." Then run in and clean up the Orisa on the left for the win, ignoring any other Omnics hanging out there.

It has almost worked twice (Solo Q), and I blame the YOLO-charging Rein for the loss each time. Mercy rezzed him both times, on Main St while we were wiping one of the two Bastions, keeping us from having Rez for that very last push. Strict role-play is required at the highest difficulties. And being on mic is oh, so helpful.

I HAVE to beat this mode on legendary, but my teammates are idiots. Last match we had a Dva who somehow spent more time out of her mech than in it because she kept diving into the enemies away from our healer.

Blackwater skin mercy skin and D.VA's new highlight intro are my only 'want' pickups this time around. Especially Dvas. With them going further into the blackwater stuff and skins i'm wondering if that will be the next PvE content with those characters? Could be fun.

I'm actually hoping they mix it up and bring us a "Lunar Apes attacking" event next. Maybe for the 1 year anniversary? Jeff from the Overwatch Team has talked recently about low-grav mods, and how much he likes them, and that would obviously work with that setting, as well as give us a new 3v3 map. Here's hoping!

Blues1990

I love it! Much better than her other flexing pose, it's gotta be my favourite overall for her.

It's definitely my favourite new pose, as I used her Casual Victory Pose for the longest time.

Also, apparently, you can't place Torbjorn's turret's on Volskaya Industries floating platforms now.

The fact that you can get your first win of the day bonus and your Arcade Mode boxes with the Uprising Event is incredible. Imagine if I could just play through this 9x a week on Normal for free for 3 boxes.

Had the Healer's lament today- Rein drops his shield to firestrike, Widow plugs my poor, perfect, previously-shielded robot boy Zen in the head. I rage- to myself, but still, the forms must be observed.

Two games later I'm Rein. Firestrike, and get my lovely and loved Mercy headshot.

Circle of Life. Karma. Hakuna Matata, Etc. Mercy (who I'm sure tilted because of me), I'm so, so sorry. I just wanted to kill the Mei.

Anyone else think Lucio's wall ride should "stick" without holding left or right? Similar to Titanfall's? You would still tap left or right to begin the wall ride, but you wouldn't need to hold.

Yager

Banned
That feeling when power goes off on the entire building midmatch, and the next day you check your messages and see that people have sent you kind words and reports. Thank you electric company, I love you.

Anyone else think Lucio's wall ride should "stick" without holding left or right? Similar to Titanfall's? You would still tap left or right to begin the wall ride, but you wouldn't need to hold.
Wait what. Is this why I can't wall ride well!??

I've only ever been holding the jump button alone, and not hold right or left

Cappa

Banned
Yeah the new mode is fun like once or twice but it becomes a chore. I was so bored yesterday playing it in our group lol. If we ever do expert or legendary I'm in but I'm not touching that mode again on any other level

maomaoIYP

Yeah the new mode is fun like once or twice but it becomes a chore. I was so bored yesterday playing it in our group lol. If we ever do expert or legendary I'm in but I'm not touching that mode again on any other level

That sounds....discouraging. I guess I will find out once I reach home in about an hour. I hope they bring 3v3 back asap so that I can get my weekly boxes.

Ambient80

It's kinda strange to hear Reaper's real voice O_O

Agreed, although there's one line in particular that sounds just... I mean frankly awful. Haha. Like he's just reading it off a paper. The rest sound good but right after you blow open the door there's one that's just not good.

Top Bottom