• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

N7.Angel

But we hated it before, what is bad about the new system?

We shouldn't win after unlocking 1% of the hill... What they need to do is keeping that system but only working on the last tier, the first 2/3 are draw, the last one is when it counted.

There is no way to make 2CP good.

Coinflip sucked
Draws sucked
Percentage-based capping sucks

They're just putting band-aids on a broken game mode

Agree.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My team did not know how to kill a Bastion, so I either had to switch from Genji and Soldier control to Bastion control.... sign.

In about 6 or 7 boxes, nothing!

Doing pretty well so far. Got the McCree and Torb skin from 3 lootboxes. Looks like Blizzard's RNG is being nice to me since I didn't get any skins from the last event,

Blu(e)

Got all the achievements for Uprising. Legendary was frustrating but I finally landed with a group a people and it just clicked.

Pretty cool they had everyone voice a line for all heroes mode like calling out Bastion/Eradicators.

N7.Angel

Did I had a bug or it's the new SR system ? I won a match and get no point, not even 1... anyone in the same situation ? it's pretty ridiculous to not have even 10points after a win no matter if you win against weaker or stronger opponents...

antitrop

Did I had a bug or it's the new SR system ? I won a match and get no point, not even 1... anyone in the same situation ? it's pretty ridiculous to not have even 10points after a win no matter if you win against weaker or stronger opponents...

It's a bug.

Competitive is all sorts of fucked in multiple different ways right now.

snack

Could someone explain the 0.5% on CP maps with the newest patch. I've had times where I sat on the point (defender), and the enemy team (offense) came to the point and the % went from 0% to 0.5%.

I don't feel bad about quitting random qp, and neither should you.

Only time I quit QP is when my own Mei decided to repeatedly wall me in spawn. I've changed that though- now I just sit, as Zen. The Mei will almost always circle around me, say Ni Hao!, shoot me in the face, etc. When she leaves, I will get up and join the fight. And she never gets heals from me. Not ever.

Trying to tilt your own team will never be funny to me.

One thing I like about this event is that it gets me to practice some Tracer. I know my Tracer isn't spectacular but it's better than many of the Tracer's I get in the team...

I've seen tracers that stay dead more than alive on Normal...

played with another soldier that held his ult. i nano boosted him and he just goes running in without ulting. i can't right now with comp. is it spring break still.

Anne

Won my anti-decay match :v

been climbing pretty steadily:

693a98b6dc.png

At this rate I doubt I'll find a pub group that can get 80% hp payload on hard...

So many stupid people who think they can just rush mindlessly

Heysoos

What's up with QP's matchmaking and putting all single players on one side and all grouped on the other. Have been seeing it a bunch lately.

These matches aren't fun, even if skill level is even remotely close, they already have the clear advantage of being better organized. Too many people don't use mics as is.

Anne

Btw today I saw a Winston put down a bubble and that shit fell through the floor of the map and went directly into the ether.

Trickster

While I appreciate Blizzards effort to make Lucio more limited by reducing his aura radius. I feel like all the other buff they gave him have inadvertently made him much better than before.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
i had two boxes from finishing my arcade weekly things

open one
orisa null sec skin - neat!
open two
see two gold coins
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
orisa null sec skin and money

goddamn what a troll

LAM09

At this rate I doubt I'll find a pub group that can get 80% hp payload on hard...

Managed to get within seconds of pushing the payload on expert, but our Rein forgot he had a shield to protect his team.

PeterGAF

Banned
I don't mind that 2CP now has a win condition other than "cap the point all the way," but I don't like the percent based system. I wish instead it worked based on ticks. That way you could still draw, which I don't mind, but if my team got two ticks to your one tick my team would win.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I actually did it in a pug but our reinhardt knew that he could shield the detonators so he told us to ignore them and focus on the destroyers, bastions and slicers.

Apparently you can shield the entire explosion of the detonator so there is almost no need to ever do damage to them.

We did it with like 84% HP remaining on the payload.

Good games with the far group, apologies for the rustiness I'll probably start playing more soon and try to pick up a working headset :) Orisa is in more games than I thought, wanna learn her now.

BasicMath

Reinstalled OW to check out the event. Didn't even take 3 games to remind myself of why I uninstalled it.

Genji? Reaper? Hanzo? Fucking Sombra? On Uprising Legendary? No. Just no.
Thank god you can wait and see what they go with and easily quit if you see trash in your game. Great stuff Blizzard! Can't wait until you patch the crap out of this feature.

HiiiLife

Reinstalled OW to check out the event. Didn't even take 3 games to remind myself of why I uninstalled it.

Thank god you can wait and see what they go with and easily quit if you see trash in your game. Great stuff Blizzard! Can't wait until you patch the crap out of this feature.

Why blame blizzard for stupid team comps?

jviggy43

Yeah thats not on blizzard thats on your randoms being dense. Play the original mode if you want, those 4 characters are pretty well suited to it so you don't get screwed over.
This guy plays widowmaker and gets no picks and decides to switch off at the last 30 seconds :(

Sounds about right.

Xeteh

I got a legendary on my 2nd box and I was all excited and then it was just gold. Shit. I need that Mercy skin and if I luck out at least the Widowmaker skin too.

Nice games today, saved the video with my and Orisa environmental kills on Oasis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCNNE-7g4vU

Poor soldier that died twice right after using his ult, the 2nd time when he was on his way to the pit lol

They should have went ticks instead of percentage.

Agreed.

Gonna be on for a wee while on PS4 c:

Who are you again? :p

Good games with the far group, apologies for the rustiness I'll probably start playing more soon and try to pick up a working headset :) Orisa is in more games than I thought, wanna learn her now.

Yeah good games.

The teams that played with Orisa ended up losing to us though :p

On Ilios they started winning when they switched to a winston instead.

Foxxsoxx

They really need to make Uprising Kings Row a 50% chance of popping up when the map plays.

I really prefer it in the day, it looks way better.

Top Bottom