• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Foxxsoxx

Anyone want to run some All Heroes Uprising PS4?

Just had a team run Genji, Junk, and DVA....

DVA did okay but Genji really lived up to his name...

I NEED HEALING.

darklin0

Banned
Played a comp match with the new Lucio...

3df3e63d5ec312f9bd2369cf2243368c.gif

Horror stories here about not getting any legendaries with $50 purchases of loot boxes makes me not want to any spend real money.

I did just that.

And got three Genji legendaries.

I never play Genji.

HMPH.

Also I'm destined to stay in the 2600-2800 range forever now. For some reason once I hit 2700 I have to claw SR out of the hands of the other team and my own teammates.

I just had a KotH game where our Orisa wouldn't play objective and then typed in all chat "CANT WIN EM ALL"

I mean, maybe we could have if you had tried.

Next match was a D.Va main who switched to Widow, despite having 5 min total QP and Comp time on her.

They now have 11 minutes on her. And 28 less SR.

I just want to hit 2900, screw diamond at this point. I know I'm playing better, why am I stuck in this purgatory?

KuroNeeko

Man, I'm not calling anyone out specifically or anything, but really says something about the game if you have someone checking your account for hours logged on a character every time you swap a character.

Like sure, if someone plays at around the 3000 level with a given character, and they change to a character they're less familiar with because they've made a judgemental call that said character is needed (or they just want to play that character), their skill level may drop a bit, but it's still gotta be somewhat consistent.

Guess Overwatch is some serious business.

Trickster

Man, I'm not calling anyone out specifically or anything, but really says something about the game if you have someone checking your account for hours logged on a character every time you swap a character.

Like sure, if someone plays at around the 3000 level with a given character, and they change to a character they're less familiar with because they've made a judgemental call that said character is needed (or they just want to play that character), their skill level may drop a bit, but it's still gotta be somewhat consistent.

Guess Overwatch is some serious business.

I have not seen anyone do that yet. Mostly people will do it before the game starts. If someone picks something like Genji and then has no impact. Or if the player is being a toxic idiot

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
biotic grenade is the most stupid ability in the whole fucking game and its absurd how quick they reverted the change to it

the gmae would be better off without that shit in it

Zen Aku

They need to bring Lucio's AOE back to like 15 or 20 meter. 10 is way too small. But I do like that I can fuck up almost anyone now with his gun.

Nice games today, saved the video with my and Orisa environmental kills on Oasis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCNNE-7g4vU

Poor soldier that died twice right after using his ult, the 2nd time when he was on his way to the pit lol

Haha, I didn't see that double Soldier kill when we were playing. Poor guy. Lucio is a beast now with the boops.

Good games tonight - I'm a bit rusty with 76 apparently as I couldn't take down that Pharah for the life of me. Apparently my niche is D.Va because the games I played as her we won, but the games I played anybody else we lost. Really want to try NuLucio in competitive for sure though. Love how he feels now.

NeoRaider

I am pretty sure that they are lowering drop rate even tho. they are denying it.

I NEVER get this much yellow and purple coins. But when there are events it's usually coins like all the time.

Did they remove the ability to build on the Volskaya platforms?

It was displaying blue, but wouldn't put down.
It's true, you can no longer build there. Whether it's a bug or not I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure that they are lowering drop rate even tho. they are denying it.

I NEVER get this much yellow and purple coins. But when there are events it's usually coins like all the time.
You should probably expand your sample size for a claim like that.

kirblar

Ive noticed the same thing w the past 2 events compared to the Holidays.

Kenai

Lucio D/Ced/left about halfway through the payload charging on the Event in Hard, and we still one. Orisa/Torb/Bastion too good.

Speaking of Lucio, he will probably be my most played champ by this time next month at the rate I am going. Love the changes very much.

_Legacy_

Can anyone tell me what's up with the new patch? I went on a 9 game streak last night and only received a tiny boost in SR. Before patch, I went on a 10 game and was getting nearly 60-70 SR a win after the 6th/7th.

Where was my fucking bonus SR, Blizzard?

Banzai

I got the legendary Tracer event skin and the D.Va Highlight intro out of 4 boxes so far. Not bad.

Too bad the Tracer skin looks worse than the rose skin. Also kinda like a stewardess, which I dislike.

Laputa_94

Played for the first time in quite a while. The uprising mode is pretty good along with all the skins. Also decided to do my placements and ended up at 3250 which was nice.

LiK

I got the legendary Tracer event skin and the D.Va Highlight intro out of 4 boxes so far. Not bad.

Too bad the Tracer skin looks worse than the rose skin. Also kinda like a stewardess, which I dislike.

It's bad. I'll just use it during the event. Chinese New Year skin is the best. I

Is there a casual matchmaking? All my quick play games have been stomp fests and most of the time my team can't even get out of the spawn point.

HelloMeow

Is there a casual matchmaking? All my quick play games have been stomp fests and most of the time my team can't even get out of the spawn point.

That's what quick play is supposed to be. I'm spending more time waiting for a game than I'm actually playing the game, and when I finally do get to play it it's rarely balanced. I don't know why so many people don't care.

Foxxsoxx

QP is casual. Then there is Ranked, and then No Limits which isn't in custom games anymore.

Yeah, unfortunately OW isn't fun at all with terrible teammates. Really need a few people who know what they're doing to really enjoy it.

QP is casual. Then there is Ranked, and then No Limits which isn't in custom games anymore.

Yeah, unfortunately OW isn't fun at all with terrible teammates. Really need a few people who know what they're doing to really enjoy it.

I'll just screw around against bots and the PVE mode and play Street Fighter for PVP.

Rogan

Banned
I'm so done with the current state of competitive. We played about 20 matches and lost almost everything. We barely get reactions in voicechat and most teammates just pick their favorite DPS for fun.

Matchmaking is Russian roulette.

Got the skin I wanted (mccree) also got widowmakers, no beard torb, and bastions purple skin. Still in the hunt for the dva selfie.

How many boxes did you open? I've opened 16 and all I've gotten is a bunch of crap and emotes.

Haha, I didn't see that double Soldier kill when we were playing. Poor guy. Lucio is a beast now with the boops.

Good games tonight - I'm a bit rusty with 76 apparently as I couldn't take down that Pharah for the life of me. Apparently my niche is D.Va because the games I played as her we won, but the games I played anybody else we lost. Really want to try NuLucio in competitive for sure though. Love how he feels now.

Yeah nice games. The boops feel much easier to pull off now and Lucio also feels better overall even though the radius nerf really hurts. Before I would use amp it up with speed so the team could run away from some ults like D.Va/Mei/Genj/etc but now if I go to one side and the rest goes to another they're out of range immediately.

It's hard to deal with Pharah in some maps, Ilios being is one of them, since she can use a lot of cover to get near you and can also fire from a really long range without being hurt because of the damage drop-off.

Hehehe. Am I gonna see some gold portraits next time I'm on with you guys?

Not yet, at least in our group :)

N7.Angel

A friend of mine bought 50 boxes and only got 3 legendary characters ( Tracer, Torb and Rein ) everything else was blue trash, did they changed the loot rate in this event to make people buy more shit ? I don't really know how someone can get more than 50 loot boxes in 3 weeks...

Top Bottom