• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

antitrop

Find a friend that mains Mercy.

And when that Mercy's health bar starts going down, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE FLY UP IN THE AIR INSTEAD OF STAYING ON THE GROUND AND LETTING ME FUCKING DIE

Pocketing a Pharah is the only time I get needy about my team needing to "protect me", because I'm usually fine on my own, but pocketing a Pharah puts a lot of responsibility on her to keep me okay. I'd rather pocket a Soldier any day, at least he has healing station.

ohkay

Just joined overwatch yesterday and boy it's fun. Played the whole day and couldn't stop. Back when I played the beta I really didn't like it. But now this is so much fun. Easy to dive in even for some minutes.

What are the best chars for newbies? My main character so far is pharah, any tips for her? I love her.
I'd say just give everyone a try and see what you like. Some characters are more difficult than others, like Genji, Tracer, and Ana, and will take a lot more time to learn, while others are fairly straightforward, like Soldier and Reaper. Even then, most characters have little intricacies that are only learned through experience.

As for Pharah, you need to keep an eye out for your main predators: Soldier, McCree, Zenyatta, and Ana. Also, her concussion will knock people away, including yourself, so it's helpful in moving around. If you shoot it against a wall that you're right up against, you'll quickly move in the other direction. This is good for positioning yourself around, and good in a pinch if you need to escape

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Taking their sweet time fixing Mei

imagine if one of Ana's abilities didn't work right. Kaplan would be in the bunker in less than an hour

Just joined overwatch yesterday and boy it's fun. Played the whole day and couldn't stop. Back when I played the beta I really didn't like it. But now this is so much fun. Easy to dive in even for some minutes.

What are the best chars for newbies? My main character so far is pharah, any tips for her? I love her.
Find a Mercy main and work on your skills in the air. A Pharah that is hard to hit is a nightmare.

snack

Make it permanent, and let boxes we get from the event have a chance at the event legendaries.

On that note, is anyone else worried that they won't re-release old skin rewards seasonally? As someone who started playing recently, I worry that Halloween costumes from last year will be locked out forever.
Doubt they'll re-release the same event skins from the previous year. The skins will lose their exclusivity then.

jviggy43

Puts me in a match already in game. I try spending like 10 seconds looking at the two team comps and who I should pick. Boots me for inactivity, -75 exp for two matches. Thank you blizzard. What the fuck is that?

Puts me in a match already in game. I try spending like 10 seconds looking at the two team comps and who I should pick. Boots me for inactivity, -75 exp for two matches. Thank you blizzard. What the fuck is that?

Yeah, the time they give you to find your bearings when you join midmatch isn't long enough. I usually just pick one of my regulars and go.

Mystery Heroes is a great way to try a ton of people without rubbing someone the wrong way in Quick Play.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah I love adjusting my settings in Practice Range and getting kicked adjusting controls in the options.

In practice range....

Omg six stack as the Clippers:

Me: Chris Paul, good player but can never win. Is the team better off without him? Gets angry too easily. Small man syndrome.

ND: Blake Griffin. All the talent in the world, can't come through in the clutch.

Owzers: Deandre Jordan, it doesn't look good but he gets the job done, free throws = pins

Ultima: JJ Reddick, you know what you're getting out of him, consistent. But won't win you games on his own.

Cappa: Jamal Crawford, will win you the game or will lose you the game, no in between.

Scrub: Austin Rivers, doesn't always show up. Great defense, hit and miss offense

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I still laughed at this.

Sorry pooh.

Saw your invites but I had family over and opted to put some MST3k on for a crowd pleaser.

Immortals vs Denial on right now, by the way, for anyone who's been following this monthly melee continuing from yesterday.

Zen Aku

And when that Mercy's health bar starts going down, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE FLY UP IN THE AIR INSTEAD OF STAYING ON THE GROUND AND LETTING ME FUCKING DIE

Pocketing a Pharah is the only time I get needy about my team needing to "protect me", because I'm usually fine on my own, but pocketing a Pharah puts a lot of responsibility on her to keep me okay. I'd rather pocket a Soldier any day, at least he has healing station.

I love it when a Pharah is low as hell and telling you to fly up there so you can heal her.

"Bro I have 25hp left, land your ass on the ground and I'll heal you. I'm not risking my life to fly up there, both of us will die."

antitrop

I love it when a Pharah is low as hell and telling you to fly up there so you can heal her.

"Bro I have 25hp left, land your ass on the ground and I'll heal you. I'm not risking my life to fly up there, both of us will die."
I'm not denying the strength of Pharmercy, just saying it feels like shit to play Mercy with a bad Pharah.

It often happens when DPS who don't usually play Pharah pick her to combo with someone that has already locked in Mercy. I'd rather them just play their main.

I'm not denying the strength of Pharmercy, just saying it feels like shit to play Mercy with a bad Pharah.

It often happens when DPS who don't usually play Pharah pick her to combo with someone that has already locked in Mercy. I'd rather them just play their main.

Same.

jviggy43

Had a guy pick phara the other day and our Mercy laid into him so hard for not doing anything.

"Our phara can't hit shit"

"Dude fuck you"

"well I mean come on we need you to do something or switch".

It was hilarious, but not really because we lost.

Had a guy pick phara the other day and our Mercy laid into him so hard for not doing anything.

"Our phara can't hit shit"

"Dude fuck you"

"well I mean come on we need you to do something or switch".

It was hilarious, but not really because we lost.

This is like every other match for me, so I'm not seeing the humor. :p

komaruR

Dr.-Who.gif

NRG beat both Meta Athena and Immortals off-stream to advance lmao.

What the hell is this team

EDIT - Wait they didn't win yet I was lied to but the game is super close at least

EDIT 2 - Annnnnnnd NRG lost 2-1 RIP the dream

Top Bottom