• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

The second I went Dva you got disconnected, it kind of worked but was 5v6.

Yup I was on top of the payload fighting soldier.

Never had a disconnect like that, usually everyone stops moving and a few seconds after I get kicked out. This time it instantaneous, guess that's why I didn't lose SR. Might have been a bug or something instead of the normal server disconnect.

Yeah I've honestly stopped playing in solo queue because it's more fun to have a stack and be able to switch up strategies on the fly and try out different setups. As opposed to "oh I guess I'm solo healing for five DPS again."

Yup, it's just a completely different game, a much better one.

In this last match the other dude that was on mic besides me, that didn't even know how to speak english well, was just saying "fucking bitch" over and over at the end lol

hypernima

Banned
My PSN Name is RankingWrecked, anyone can send me a friend request if they would like. You can also send me a friend request to my regular account TWrecks310 if you want.

If any of you guys are grouping up for quick play I'm down, I can't play competitive yet because I'm not level 25 yet lol

You'll get a friend request from me, you'll know it. I'll help you 25.

LAM09

Just got thrown out of a comp game, so I guess there is ongoing issues with the servers.

Edit: Matchmaking is now broken right now (getting paired with people that are unranked).

I love New Lucio. I just had a 37 elimination round as him on Lijiang QP. I was doing ridiculous stuff like chasing down Widowmakers and McCrees and Meis and they couldn't do anything.

Boostio is Beastio.

I love New Lucio. I just had a 37 elimination round as him on Lijiang QP. I was doing ridiculous stuff like chasing down Widowmakers and McCrees and Meis and they couldn't do anything.

Boostio is Beastio.

I haven't tried him out yet and also didn't know how he'd changed until right now. I was already a rambunctious attack Lucio so this should be fun :)

KuroNeeko

I've been spending a lot of time in Quick Play lately just trying to get comfortable with a few (jank) characters so I can contribute in Ranked.

My performance with Sombra, Sym, D. Va, and Orisa seems to have gotten better, but my winrate with Mercy is still low-mid 40%. I only average about 5000 healing per match and find myself boosting offense or choosing a strong lead to boost (like Soldier) since my team is so spread out. I like playing as her, even more so than Zen who was my favorite Support, but I feel like I'm not using her correctly.

I'm still about 1000 - 1100 ranked, but haven't really touched it since qualifying since I've been just focusing on getting used to Sombra and Sym in QP. : /

edit: Actually, Mercy's WR looks like it's slowly going up. It "peaked" at 45% a day or so ago, but is back down to 43% now. It was 38% at one point...

antitrop

I've been spending a lot of time in Quick Play lately just trying to get comfortable with a few (jank) characters so I can contribute in Ranked.

My performance with Sombra, Sym, D. Va, and Orisa seems to have gotten better, but my winrate with Mercy is still low-mid 40%. I only average about 5000 healing per match and find myself boosting offense or choosing a strong lead to boost (like Soldier) since my team is so spread out. I like playing as her, even more so than Zen who was my favorite Support, but I feel like I'm not using her correctly.

I'm still about 1000 - 1100 ranked, but haven't really touched it since qualifying since I've been just focusing on getting used to Sombra and Sym in QP. : /

edit: Actually, Mercy's WR looks like it's slowly going up. It "peaked" at 45% a day or so ago, but is back down to 43% now. It was 38% at one point...

Record a match and upload it to YouTube, I'll give you some tips. I'll be nice.

Yeah what anti said. Don't mind giving you some constructive feedback back.

KuroNeeko

Record a match and upload it to YouTube, I'll give you some tips. I'll be nice.

Thank you!
I don't have anything set-up, but I may take you up on your offer when I do! ^^

It often just feels like there is no one to heal. I keep everyone topped off and then boost (or engage depending on the circumstances). When people DO take damage, they usually get burst down before I can get them back up.

It's also really hard to get good raises because I tend to get taken out early on--so I've started trying to do more "tempo"-based raises. If the other team uses an ult and kills two of our team, I'll raise if we're on offense and just try to refill my gauge asap. It's very rare that I can raise more than say, five people in a given match.

Anyway...thank you again. I'll try to see if I can get something up soon.

Yeah what anti said. Don't mind giving you some constructive feedback back.

Thank you! ^^

JHall

First time I've played comp in about 3 weeks. We had a throwing Torb running into the team just feeding. Then one of our players was defending the Torb saying he wasn't throwing...

GM players everyone.

Thank you!
I don't have anything set-up, but I may take you up on your offer when I do! ^^

It often just feels like there is no one to heal. I keep everyone topped off and then boost (or engage depending on the circumstances). When people DO take damage, they usually get burst down before I can get them back up.

It's also really hard to get good raises because I tend to get taken out early on--so I've started trying to do more "tempo"-based raises. If the other team uses an ult and kills two of our team, I'll raise if we're on offense and just try to refill my gauge asap. It's very rare that I can raise more than say, five people in a given match.

Anyway...thank you again. I'll try to see if I can get something up soon.
Thank you! ^^

You should be paying attention to picks and battles to decide on a rez.

komaruR

https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveHedonisticFishSpicyBoy
low hp pharah thinks theyre safe in the air.
WpR4D_s-200x150.gif

Wanderer5

I guess PotG in 3v3 aren't saved in highlights? Too bad I wasn't recording, cause I had a amusing one there as Orisa where a Reinhardt tried to charge slam me dead, but nope, and I went to kill him and their Mercy instead.XD

Let's focus on all the times I don't do something terrible.
Now I know your pain. I can't believe I was legitimately being blamed for that loss just because I was Lucio. I was playing really damn well, just because I'm Lucio doesn't mean that everyone else is blameless and doesn't have to perform.

24-2, 4 environmental kills (on Kings Row!) silver and bronze in the elim medals, gold healing. 20 sound barriers in one round. Obviously it was my fault!

I never know if I'm allowed to join PS4 groups now because I dunno which people want to keep smaller teams.

There was that one time when...hmm...well in that one match you...hmmm.....I'll get back to you.

You brought it up. I think you enjoy the humiliation.

You did well tonight overall... Had some clutch saves on point 2 of Numbani!!!

Just a few times you charged right out of the area and into a terrible position.

Now I know your pain. I can't believe I was legitimately being blamed for that loss just because I was Lucio. I was playing really damn well, just because I'm Lucio doesn't mean that everyone else is blameless and doesn't have to perform.

24-2, 4 environmental kills (on Kings Row!) silver and bronze in the elim medals, gold healing. 20 sound barriers in one round. Obviously it was my fault!

I was joking dude. It wasn't your fault... entirely.

LiK

I was joking
but it's your fault.
😆

I never know if I'm allowed to join PS4 groups now because I dunno which people want to keep smaller teams.

There was that one time when...hmm...well in that one match you...hmmm.....I'll get back to you.

Feel free to join. Just don't suck. haha.

There is like a ton of us... if a group is full just start your own. You all don't need UltimaPooh all the time.

EDIT: Tonights six stack wasn't bad. We changed things up with some smart decisions... not just willy nilly throwing stuff at the wall.

Owzers

I felt very overwhelmed on defense that last game, they put on a lot of pressure with soldier on the sides and reaper flanking around us, we didn't have enough to push back on them, but I don't know what the solution was.

Anne

Saw the PS4 people trying to figure out team comps. I'm working on a team building guide but it'll be awhile before that sees the light of day. If you want some basic comps I can list a few with roles, but you gotta keep a bit of an open mind if you don't understand what all the roles currently are really. Here's the TL;DR ver of all the roles in the game atm:

Fragging DPS: Makes plays, focuses on elims over damage. Genji, Pharah, etc.

Carry DPS: Focus on frontline damage and calling out people out of position. Usually babysits supports. Soldier, Roadhog, etc.

Main tank: Creates the space you want to operate in and contests objectives. Rein, Winston, Orisa

Off-tank: Can engage can claim space but doesn't have a barrier to really hold it. Zarya, D.Va

Main healer: Heals a lot. Mercy, Ana, sometimes Zen

Off support: Is a support hat doesn't focus on healing but brings something else to the table. Lucio, Torb, Sym, sometimes Sombra or Zen.

Off DPS: A character that takes a DPS slot but focuses on utility or something unique to the map. Mei, Sombra, Junkrat

Pick Potential fraggers: Hanzo, Widow, sometimes Roadhog

Note: A lot of characters can be played in multiple roles dependent on the comp. Tracer can be both a fragger and a carry. Winston can be a main tank and an off tank. Etc.I'm also sure I'm forgetting something but this is just a tl;dr that there is more to team building than just 2/2/2 tank/support/dps.

Saw the PS4 people trying to figure out team comps. I'm working on a team building guide but it'll be awhile before that sees the light of day. If you want some basic comps I can list a few with roles, but you gotta keep a bit of an open mind if you don't understand what all the roles currently are really.

Anne this is where you're supposed to keep plugging the discord so they stop being plebs and start being GMs.

I felt very overwhelmed on defense that last game, they put on a lot of pressure with soldier on the sides and reaper flanking around us, we didn't have enough to push back on them, but I don't know what the solution was.

ND was Pharah for a little too long I think. Also Ulted to save an area and probably should have saved it... Not insulting ND here or anything just making observations to help.

There was a couple of times I ulted as Zen at the wrong time.

Feel free to join. Just don't suck. haha.

There is like a ton of us... if a group is full just start your own. You all don't need UltimaPooh all the time.

Yeah...I think the problem is I only have you, Owzers, Komaru, Lik, and ND's non-smurf on my friends list and now the group has like tripled in size, and I keep forgetting to add everyone else. Also it's hard to check to see who's already in a full group and who's not.

If we only had somewhere to organize these things...like a Discord....
I've joined the Discord chat don't hurt me

Yeah...I think the problem is I only have you, Owzers, Komaru, Lik, and ND's non-smurf on my friends list and now the group has like tripled in size, and I keep forgetting to add everyone else. Also it's hard to check to see who's already in a full group and who's not.

If we only had somewhere to organize these things...like a Discord....
I've joined the Discord chat don't hurt me

Just spam everyone who is in the group with friend requests.

Having two explosive based projectile heroes for damage was probably a mistake.

Owzers

You brought it up. I think you enjoy the humiliation.

You did well tonight overall... Had some clutch saves on point 2 of Numbani!!!

Just a few times you charged right out of the area and into a terrible position.

I was joking dude. It wasn't your fault... entirely.
a few times sounds like an amount I'm willing to tolerate.

Anne

2nd tl;dr post on team building. Comps and roles.

Classic 2/2/2:
Main tank: Rein
Off tank: Zarya
Fragger: Genji
Carry: Soldier
main healer: Ana
off support: Lucio

Classic Dive:
Main tank: Winston
Off tank: Zarya
Carry: Tracer
Main healer: Zen

Trip tank:
off tank: Zarya or D.Va
Carry: Roadhog
Carry: Soldier
Main healer: Ana

Numbani defense comp
off tank: Winston
off tank: D.Va
carry: Roadhog
carry: Soldier
main healer: Ana

Koth Pharah comp:
Main tank: Winston
Carry: Tracer
Fragger/Carry: Pharah
Main support: Mercy
off support: Lucio or Zen

Just some ideas of how to start building teams. Check my post above about roles. There's a whole nother story in there about building in win conditions from ult synergy.

Celcius

°Temp. member
4 loot boxes today and still not a single Uprising costume. On the plus side, I'm getting great with Mercy. :)

Top Bottom