• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

if desperate, can always boost it. i never cared for trophy since the first few month of having a ps3. back then i tried to plat the games i really liked. now its just time waster.

Still haven't boosted any of my OW trophies. Pretty proud I got them all legit from just playing the game. My urge to get the Plat has lessened since I'm keep playing the game.

is there any way to disable controller vibration on ps4? grinding out arcade loot boxes in uprising as bastion and I feel like my hands are gonna keep on vibrating after i'm done

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
When does this Uprising event end? I want Reinhardt's skin. Got Tracer's and the D.Va selfie one. Gold and Purples have been hard to come by.

komaruR

is there any way to disable controller vibration on ps4? grinding out arcade loot boxes in uprising as bastion and I feel like my hands are gonna keep on vibrating after i'm done

think its under advance tab where you change the aim type between dual zone or exponential.

think its under advance tab where you change the aim type between dual zone or exponential.
yep that's it, thanks. not sure why it's buried down there tho
Learn to enjoy it.

33bac2e90f34f0e12f550360505b522c.jpg

but then you realized after bronze portrait they go silver and then you realize they are over lvl 600. im at lvl 300 something. rip. i'm tired of looking at the ugly turd color.

komaruR

When I first started playing comp months and months ago I was wondering how people under 25 were able to q for it lol

actually in s2 there was a glitch that under 25 can be party with people in comp to get in.
also that glitch enable ppl to break the 1000 or 500sr limit grouping too.

so you could be really seeing low lv in your comp games.

I've lost 19 of my past 21 games. Played a round of normal Uprising to try and cleanse the pallet with some sort of win.

One of the players drops out. Bastion sits at the point and refuses to revive our third while I'm ulting as zen. GG. This game fucking hates me right now.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
We need better actual healers and I'll go DPS.

I can play a pretty solid Mercy or healing Zen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH07MCHacb8) if you guys ever need one for Comp, I just usually don't pick 'em when we group up since they seem to be in high demand.

To each their own, and I'm glad you guys find it relaxing but if i'm in a group and there is anymore quickplay than 'warmup' then I'm gone pretty quick. I detest it.

Yeah, same. I don't mind losing in Comp as long as folks are trying, but the nonsense team comps that dominate QP really suck the fun out of the game for me. And since those oddball team comps are rarely going to show up in Comp, I kinda feel it doesn't make for valid practice either.

I was spending time yesterday practicing my aim against hard Ana bots (while invincible) last night, but I suppose it's not a bad idea to practice being vulnerable as well haha

Yeah I try to replicate an actual match, even though AI is obviously not the exact same thing. I put them on medium difficulty since they always focus on you and not your teammates (on medium the enemies do half damage, but with zen discord you can be killed really quickly), 5vs6 also makes things more fair, and the sombra on your team can hack the health packs in case you need healing (don't count on the healers for the most part lol).

The only danger to getting the trophy is that I've shut down some Symmetras' ults so decisively on Tracer that they ragequit before the end of a match.

The closest I got was exactly this, you'd think 2 would be enough.

All that said I'm not dead set on getting all the trophies, I've just managed to inch a bit closer to that platinum is all.

Apathy

So how many people here finished the legendary uprising for the spray? I have only gotten to the last bit but kept getting wrecked.

KiraFA37

I love Tracer but Bastion in competitive is sucking me in. I can't quit him or her.

Bastion he? Daring pick though. In my last game I bubbled my charging Rein as Zarya right into the defending Bastion. That opened up the point and won us the match.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I main Mercy, if anyone plays on PS4 add me: Fersis_4

_Legacy_

Fuck, I've dropped nearly 200 SR since Saturday. Just can't get a good streak of wins and losing more than I gain now. It's pretty much 19 - 31 SR for a win, minus 30 SR for loss. My group need to start hitting form again soon.

My friends are assuming I'm the cause for their quick play matches becoming frustrating.
As in it seems to be using my just about diamond rank in greater favour than their gold (and maybe silver for some) general level and bringing in people they can't deal with.

Do we know if this is roughly a thing? (I know that it is in competitive)
Or am I just getting the blame game here?
I have to ask because they mentioned the idea of me making a smurf account but then I recall the designers mentioning that smurfing isn't that big an issue because it balances out the skill level rather quick.

antitrop

My friends are assuming I'm the cause for their quick play matches becoming frustrating.
As in it seems to be using my just about diamond rank in greater favour than their gold (and maybe silver for some) general level and bringing in people they can't deal with.

Do we know if this is roughly a thing? (I know that it is in competitive)
Or am I just getting the blame game here?
I have to ask because they mentioned the idea of me making a smurf account but then I recall the designers mentioning that smurfing isn't that big an issue because it balances out the skill level rather quick.

Yeah, that's a thing. QP MMR is separate from Competitive, but it is possible to drag people into higher MMR QP games than they're used to.

Yeah, that's a thing. QP MMR is separate from Competitive, but it is possible to drag people into higher MMR QP games than they're used to.

Hmm, well maybe I'll just see how much a consistent difference an alt would make for a bit at least, though I can't imagine sticking with such things....all those unlocks of mine would be wasted!

ohkay

Hmm, well maybe I'll just see how much a consistent difference an alt would make for a bit at least, though I can't imagine sticking with such things....all those unlocks of mine would be wasted!
If you play the same way as your other account, your internal MMR will end up around where your main account is, and you'll still have the same problem

antitrop

If you play the same way as your other account, your internal MMR will end up around where your main account is, and you'll still have the same problem

Ya, it's true. Unless you're intentionally playing poorly, you'll most likely get a second account to the same QP MMR as your main before you even hit level 10.

That feel when the only two people in team chat are you (playing Lucio) and the Zen and after a terrible first round on Lijiang Tower, you both carry the fuck out of your team to take the next three in a row lighting the kill feed up with boops and discord. Gave the guy mad props, definitely one of the best Zen's I've had on my team.

I did lose the next two games in a row though but what a game that was.

Ya, it's true. Unless you're intentionally playing poorly, you'll most likely get a second account to the same QP MMR as your main before you even hit level 10.

Yeah this is what I figured from what I read about the smurf accounts not being much of an issue, well I guess they'll just have to git gud as they say!
*ahem*
Or just abandon me to the wolves of solo queue.

Skii

I don't agree with this, a good balanced game will balance for all skill levels.

Annoys me when fighting games balance for tournament play, some characters are only balanced if you're amazing at the game, for everyone else they're a wasted slot and the roster is effectively smaller.

Well it is balanced for all skill levels. There is no character in the game that is "unlearnable" to a bronze player. They just have to put in the time. I think pro level play trickles down fairly well in OW and there's no real comps that are far too complex to execute for less skilled players.

I get what you're saying but it does comes off as being a bit elitist... especially considering according to the stats Blizzard posted a few weeks ago... the minority of the player base is diamond or above.

I really don't see how its elitist lol. You think its fine for players who have the weakest understanding of the game to dictate where this game goes. People in that DVa thread genuinely thought season 3 DVa was balanced ffs.

Yeah this is what I figured from what I read about the smurf accounts not being much of an issue, well I guess they'll just have to git gud as they say!
*ahem*
Or just abandon me to the wolves of solo queue.

I found this is an issue when I tried to introduce a couple of friends to overwatch (more than 6 months after it came out). It sucks when you have a friend who is barely learning how to play or doesn't play often, and your account is inflating the MMR to levels they will not enjoy because they're constantly getting trashed.

If you can, keep the group small even in QP, if you get 5-6 group, you will be matched with try hard stacks and it will not be a pleasant experience if they're not ready for it. If it's only 1-3 people you're playing with, your MMR won't make too much of a difference if they have been playing for more than a few weeks. If they're brand new, you're better off letting them play by themselves until they get the hang of the game..

Shredderi

Ugh. Just getting defend matches tonight. I fucking hate defending. Too high stakes compared to attackers for my taste. On attacking team I can explore my artistic side of overwatch without worrying too much but defending is when shit is for real because one fuck up means you lost the point. When I soloQ I just disconnect from the defense rounds and play attack only. Only way for me to have any fun. I only suffer through defending when I play with friends.

caesar

Banned
Ugh. Just getting defend matches tonight. I fucking hate defending. Too high stakes compared to attackers for my taste. On attacking team I can explore my artistic side of overwatch without worrying too much but defending is when shit is for real because one fuck up means you lost the point. When I soloQ I just disconnect from the defense rounds and play attack only. Only way for me to have any fun. I only suffer through defending when I play with friends.

Ur a douche

Shredderi

Ur a douche

Don't really see why I would be. I connect to a game and leave immediately and someone will soon fill my place before the match hero select countdown even finishes. SoloQ is hard already so I try to get some enjoyment out of the game anyway I can and it just so happens that I don't like defending. It's not like I play a minute or two and then leave. I also don't play comp.

caesar

Banned
Don't really see why I would be. I connect to a game and leave immediately and someone will soon fill my place before the match hero select countdown even finishes. SoloQ is hard already so I try to get some enjoyment out of the game anyway I can and it just so happens that I don't like defending. It's not like I play a minute or two and then leave. I also don't play comp.

Oh ok.

When you say solo q, people assume comp. If you want quality games with good defence, play comp.

Top Bottom