• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Have decided to get more into Overwatch after not really playing too much since it launched. Only a level 10 on PC, but i'm having fun! I unlocked a loot box and got the legendary Mercy skin from the event. So I guess i'll have to start using Mercy lol

Salarians

I'm having some really good games as McCree and Hanzo tonight, I'm genuinely shocked at some of the shots I'm pulling off

feels pretty great ☺️

IKizzLE

After losing like 10 in a row and almost hitting diamond, I win 10 straight and now 4215. 1 win away from top 500. Solo que woes. :/

Thewonandonly

Genji mains are by far the most god damn anoying mains out there. No matter what they will not change. Other team has a killer pharah and Winston, it's all good they power through it. My team has 3dps and I have silver damage while genji didn't get one kill it's cause he isn't getting healed....

I hate genji more then any other character :(

Genji mains are by far the most god damn anoying mains out there. No matter what they will not change. Other team has a killer pharah and Winston, it's all good they power through it. My team has 3dps and I have silver damage while genji didn't get one kill it's cause he isn't getting healed....

One of the downsides of playing in low elo is the high amount of genjis, they wander too far away from the group, enter to a enemy zone alone or died pretty fast to do something and their crappy ability to not get killed dont compensate his bad DPS

jviggy43

This is not exclusive to genji mains I promise you.

Ramirez

After losing like 10 in a row and almost hitting diamond, I win 10 straight and now 4215. 1 win away from top 500. Solo que woes. :/

Pfffft, don't think I've won more than 2 in a row all season, you know nothing of woes!

God damn this game needs a report/avoid option. I've had 3-4 people today pick Torb or something equally stupid and just wander around the map the entire match, fuck off.

MG310

Offense and Defense on Volskaya, different Rein for each and both dashed down the hallway out in front of the point into the ocean without actually stopping anything.

Apathy

Get your boxes, get your items!!!

Haul:

4 Orisa skins - like wtf, no, I know I play tanks, but no to orisa
2 Mercy
2 Bastion
1 Genji
1 of the Torbj ones
2 Reins
2D.va Intro
2Zen Intro

All emotes

Buying with gold:

McCree and Tracer skin
Some voice lines I liked
Some sprays I liked for lore reason.

The most I've spent gold wise in any of the events. Hurts, but I'm still at 11k, should be good to go for the year anniversary.

AbaFadi

Banned

Too bad comp on ps4 isn't what it used to be. Now it's just be happy someone isn't throwing lol. I miss season 2 where everyone actually tried.

MG310

Too bad comp on ps4 isn't what it used to be. Now it's just be happy someone isn't throwing lol. I miss season 2 where everyone actually tried.

I can't wait until the event is over.

EDIT: Goddamnit. Team with 3 attack characters who can't hit a Pharah, Mei, Lucio and I'm the only tank. Lucio eventually switched to a 4th attack.

Lost 3-1 and I'm pretty sure the person swtiching between Tracer and Sombra on the other team got like 3 team kills without using either Ult.

you might be the only person I've seen mention that they want the Orisa skin. maybe because so many people have it? maybe because it's pretty meh compared to her existing 1k skins

I wanted the Orisa skin so bad I bought it, making it only the second skin I've bought in Overwatch. It's her only skin that doesn't look like some kinds of lame kids cartoon character.

Danj

What time does Quest 2 of the Nexus Challenge go up? It says it starts on 1st May, but it's 1st May now and it's not showing in HOTS yet?

PranooY

I gained 150 SR in like 2 hours teaming up with a sym main and a mercy main. But yea it isn't easy having a sym in team for attack, mainly coz of teammates getting pissed off abt it.

LiK

Yeah, older people, including myself, moan and groan and tilt too easily.

I find it a little more tolerable if it's a kid for some reason.

Kids are dumb and don't know better so it's less of an issue.

If I tilt, I'm just gonna leave and do something else or play QP.

N7.Angel

Had two main ana, one don't let the other take her, the other just took widow and run in circle at the spawn entrance, ranked man...

Paltheos

Taking away orisa's expressive face completely kills all her taunts and highlight intros.

Its like if Mei's ice drone didnt have expressive eyes.

Yup. That's the idea. I don't like the image Blizzard has for Orisa at all. I've said this before, but I much prefer the idea of a well-intentioned, inadvertent killbot than the young and friendly protector.

The anime image works for Mei's robot because the designs are cute - It's small, has wing-like flaps that flutter about, and plays with Mei well. Orisa's not cute - She's big, imposing, and has designs that look aggressive and alien. Getting rid of the anime face is the best thing they could do to her.

Apathy

But the official site also says "Opens Week of 5/1" which translated from American is today.

It also said that last week started on the week of the Monday but really it was released in today in NA and Wednesday I'm EU. It will probably start tomorrow

Yup. That's the idea. I don't like the image Blizzard has for Orisa at all. I've said this before, but I much prefer the idea of a well-intentioned, inadvertent killbot than the young and friendly protector.

The anime image works for Mei's robot because the designs are cute - It's small, has wing-like flaps that flutter about, and plays with Mei well. Orisa's not cute - She's big, imposing, and has designs that look aggressive and alien. Getting rid of the anime face is the best thing they could do to her.

Efi is also a bit of a liar and phony. Null sector had OR15 robots 7 years ago with the exact same abilities efi claims to have invented and put into Orissa. At best she put in a voice modulator and took off the violence against everyone programming one of those bots already had.

And Bumble gets confused when I say Hog is still bugged.

This is the best hook:
https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryMiniatureReubenVoteNay
Oh man, that's amazing.

I agree we are desperately in need of a Hook 3.0. If the hook latches for 0.2 seconds, it should drag from anywhere, and they need to fix this crap where the person you hook always appears at your elevation.

Edit: @Psychoward - I really just think he needs an ammo clip buff so you aren't spending so much time reloading.

I get that Hog has more versatility with his accuracy buff and all but man I don't like playing as him nearly as much anymore since his picking is nerfed. :(

antitrop

The desperation of trying to hop away from opponents when constantly left unprotected by team-mates is not worth the SR gain, lol.
Getting good at that is what makes her fun to play, otherwise I agree with people when they say she's the most boring hero in the game.

Top Bottom