• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The desperation of trying to hop away from opponents when constantly left unprotected by team-mates is not worth the SR gain, lol.
Bring out the Pistol. Be surprised how effective it is. She regens energy extremely quick and the pistol puts in work quick, where a lot of players don't realize how effective it is. Took down a lot of soldiers, Zen, Genji, by being able to just dodge them long enough for Regen to kick in while taking their HP down.

I got the genji uprising skin in a loot box. Do you think any of the others are worth 3k?
Fanservice Widow and Combat Medic Mercy are the 2nd and 3rd best imo, but (besides me not having 3k spare coins) I barely play Widow and suck with her and already have Witch and Golden Mercy.

randome

Fanservice Widow and Combat Medic Mercy are the 2nd and 3rd best imo, but (besides me not having 3k spare coins) I barely play Widow and suck with her and already have Witch and Golden Mercy.

Yeah, the mercy I like but there are other mercy skins I have that are better soooo

Danj

It also said that last week started on the week of the Monday but really it was released in today in NA and Wednesday I'm EU. It will probably start tomorrow

Boo. I wanted it to be today because I have a day off today thanks to the Bank Holiday.

I'm heading off for a family wedding tomorrow so I'll be off the radar for a bit.
thank god for the Switch

So maybe I'll play some Overwatch for the last time tonight.
someone play Mario Kart Switch with me while I'm gone.

jviggy43

The desperation of trying to hop away from opponents when constantly left unprotected by team-mates is not worth the SR gain, lol.

Pffft, I personally love triple dps and a dva as our only tank when playing mercy so I can just get picked repeatedly over and over again.

_Legacy_

GG Yager again, 66% win rate today. I'll take that! Shame we lost the first match, we would have won if our Mercy didn't get picked off at the last minute.

Paltheos

I have every skin, but I keep her in default outside of events because her normal skin is just an awesome design. Same with Zenyatta.

I'm partial to Valkyrie as the default Mercy skin. And Sanzang is the best Zen skin (out of a good selection too!), come on. It's glorious.

Zomba13

Still can't beat this event on Legendary. Doesn't help I've got a friend who is actually decent at the game but refuses to play the event stuff or anything that isn't Comp.

This is frustrating. The times I do get to the end with a random group we always run out of time.

Bring out the Pistol. Be surprised how effective it is. She regens energy extremely quick and the pistol puts in work quick, where a lot of players don't realize how effective it is. Took down a lot of soldiers, Zen, Genji, by being able to just dodge them long enough for Regen to kick in while taking their HP down.

Last night I scared off a Reinhardt in QP because I plinked a few headshots on him as he was trying to chase and hammer me. Finally had to put up his shield and slowly back away. I'll take a draw in that situation.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Keep in mind that Mercy's gun auto-reloads if you switch to her staff for more than a few seconds. It's a great way to hot swap between healing and damage without needing to stop to reload anything.

Her gun really does do a lot of damage. Landing a few headshots on Soldiers and Tracers will either let you finish them off with melee, or at least make them run.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Last night I scared off a Reinhardt in QP because I plinked a few headshots on him as he was trying to chase and hammer me. Finally had to put up his shield and slowly back away. I'll take a draw in that situation.

Rein is nothing without the shield and healer.

My biggest issue with him is latency and his charge. There are times I've clearly out of the way, he goes past, then it grabs you.

Chance

I'm partial to Valkyrie as the default Mercy skin. And Sanzang is the best Zen skin (out of a good selection too!), come on. It's glorious.

Too glorious by far for the frock of a humble monk! I love Tracer's Rose skin, for example, because 1) it looks awesome and 2) I feel Tracer would love it too.

Zen Aku

Keep in mind that Mercy's gun auto-reloads if you switch to her staff for more than a few seconds. It's a great way to hot swap between healing and damage without needing to stop to reload anything.

Her gun really does do a lot of damage. Landing a few headshots on Soldiers and Tracers will either let you finish them off with melee, or at least make them run.
I've fucked up a few Tracer and Reaper before.

It's even more thrilling to take down a Reaper coming straight at you before he can take you down than a 5 man rez.

Fugu

I've made a couple of observations about SR gain and I'm wondering if they're general or just applicable to me.

The main one is that I get a *lot* more SR if I have any playtime on support during the game. It doesn't even have to be a lot; I've noticed almost 50% differences in gains (and similar effects on losses) just by having a few minutes of playtime on support.

For example, a balanced win playing only as Pharah net me 21 SR; a balanced win playing as Pharah plus five minutes on Ana got me 34.

My sample size of... just me is obviously pretty small, but I've tracked enough games now to know that I, at least, can pretty reliably increase an SR gain on win (or mitigate a loss) by playing support for some amount of time in the game.

It's also worth noting that most of my playtime this season is on Pharah, so it's possible that the SR system is working to make it harder to play as only one hero and rank up.

Filben

I had a break from Overwatch since the New Year's event. Funny nothing has changed in regard of behavior and language, although Blizzard seems to improve on their report system. Still, people acting like they playing Top 500 (in Platinum) or like their life depending on it while -- let's face it-- lots of gamers won't make it to official and international tournaments. And they swearing like this effing game is life and the sole purpose of their miserable and pathetic existence. This is also a mindgame and people won't see they gonna lose that as well--with such a bad attitude-- and with it the match. They really should read books about interacting with people and how to get what you want from them. Insulting isn't the way, however.

I'm gonna start to instamute all chats.

Roubjon

I've gotten into the habit of muting everybody and everything as soon as a single person is being a jerk or passive aggressive. It always snowballs from that point forward, so I'd rather not watch it unfold.

It's also worth noting that most of my playtime this season is on Pharah, so it's possible that the SR system is working to make it harder to play as only one hero and rank up.

That or they're overcompensating for the SR issues supports have had previously lol.

Played some more last night, agreed to triple queue with a couple of randoms.

Played Rein and Hog really well, with some Soldier and Lucio on the side.

Only loss was because of a really toxic team that refused to switch off Genji and Widow despite a Winston on the other team.

Was a fun evening but man am I tired of these 2-3 hour sessions only yielding 50 or so SR once all is said and done.

LiK

Too bad comp on ps4 isn't what it used to be. Now it's just be happy someone isn't throwing lol. I miss season 2 where everyone actually tried.

Season 2 was still my fave season. Fun games with challenge and not many throwers. I was able to solo and duo-queue without worrying about shitty players.

Season 4 has been a mess when I soloed or duo-queued. I guess people got bored and don't give a shit about losing anymore and will choose whatever like they're in QP now. Even when I'm in a stack, some people just wanna experiment with heroes they're not proficient with and they know I'm not a fan of that.

I've gotten into the habit of muting everybody and everything as soon as a single person is being a jerk or passive aggressive. It always snowballs from that point forward, so I'd rather not watch it unfold.

I don't autojoin Team Chat for a reason.

HiiiLife

My experience in game chat has been good for the most part. Couple arguments since I've been playing the game from launch. Was especially surprised by the amount of dudes who weren't awkward towards chicks on the teams too. YouTube videos had me worried.

LiK

My experience in game chat has been good for the most part. Couple arguments since I've been playing the game from launch. Was especially surprised by the amount of dudes who weren't awkward towards chicks on the teams too. YouTube videos had me worried.

A few weeks ago, we were in a 4-stack and some dude played Sombra was getting tilted cuz we weren't capping Hanamura A and he was like "Play smarter" to one of our guys even tho he was barely doing anything. He switched to McCree and was still doing jackshit. Some people sure like to talk big when they're not contributing much. I muted him cuz he was whining like a baby.

Had a similar experience with a guy who was talking nonstop and was also complaining about lag. I muted him as well cuz he was distracting us with complaints. After we won, he wanted to stay as a team. Of course, we ignored his request cuz fuck him.

Geneijin

I've made a couple of observations about SR gain and I'm wondering if they're general or just applicable to me.

The main one is that I get a *lot* more SR if I have any playtime on support during the game. It doesn't even have to be a lot; I've noticed almost 50% differences in gains (and similar effects on losses) just by having a few minutes of playtime on support.

For example, a balanced win playing only as Pharah net me 21 SR; a balanced win playing as Pharah plus five minutes on Ana got me 34.

My sample size of... just me is obviously pretty small, but I've tracked enough games now to know that I, at least, can pretty reliably increase an SR gain on win (or mitigate a loss) by playing support for some amount of time in the game.

There's a theory going around "main" accounts will gain more than accounts who flex. The recent Stylosa video kind of touches on this with his multiple accounts.

LiK

There's a theory going around "main" accounts will gain more than accounts who flex. The recent Stylosa video kind of touches on this with his multiple accounts.

I saw that video too. Pretty eye-opening. I mean, Antitrop primarily plays Mercy and he blasted his way up.

MG310

Unfortunately that doesn't stop the idiots who spam "I need healing" when they are the only one separated from the team and payload.

ohkay

I have two accounts, one on which I flex and one in which I generally instalock DPS. The gains are roughly the same, and to me, seem to mostly be based on personal performance. When I know I do well, I either gain a large amount or lose little. When I do badly, I gain little and lose more

Oxn

Lost over 200SRs yesterday.

One of the games i remember clearly. I was Reaper, with 4 golds. This S76 keeps telling me to switch off because i wasn't a "counter" to anything. Im a counter to everything, based on my performance. I told him, i got 4 gold, he said so what, you are not a counter to anything nd gold means nothing. I go on to ignore him.

Then he says, how come i never see you on the feed? Beotch first you say gold dont matter, now you say cause you dont see me on the feed, things like that matters? Btw i was on the feed alot.

I ignore again. Then he continues on with the, switch off, you are not a counter to anything. I said they got 2 tanks on their team. He said no they don't, Zarya is not a tank.

Now this became a permanent ignore.

Oxn

As a Mercy main this season with like over 80% playtime on this one hero, it is also my opposite experience. Lately i have been gain SR in the teens, and lsoing in the mid 20s.

So.....

Backlogger

You're a monster.

Also, let's do some HOTS QP once the new quest is out.

I'll be on later tonight (PST) if anyone is looking for someone to run with. Probably won't be until 9pm or 10pm PST.

Backlogger#1951 (feel free to add me for Overwatch as well!)

Gorillaz

I got lke 5800 and part of me feels like I should buy some of these skins now but the other part is thinking hold on because Jeff said zarya is getting some new skins real soon and she's been my main girl day UNO

decisions. This widow skin is bad af but so is genji frick

Top Bottom