• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

X-Frame

Too bad comp on ps4 isn't what it used to be. Now it's just be happy someone isn't throwing lol. I miss season 2 where everyone actually tried.

I stopped at the end of S2 and was thinking of starting up again for S5, but it's not good to hear that Competitive has gotten worse on PS4.

I'm sure I'll try anyway!

The plan was to play a whole lot of Overwatch this season.

aOe7qrW.png

Things did not go as planned.

Veelk

Banned
After being stiffed on legendaries pretty much the entire event except for one time I got Genji, I decided to make one last attempt and bought 10 bucks worth of boxes.

I got McCree, Widow, AND a Genji dup. So basically everything I wanted.

And you know, Blackwatch got the short end of the stick on most stuff, but they had the main overwatch team beat on uniforms.

komaruR

A few weeks ago, we were in a 4-stack and some dude played Sombra was getting tilted cuz we weren't capping Hanamura A and he was like "Play smarter" to one of our guys even tho he was barely doing anything. He switched to McCree and was still doing jackshit. Some people sure like to talk big when they're not contributing much. I muted him cuz he was whining like a baby.

Had a similar experience with a guy who was talking nonstop and was also complaining about lag. I muted him as well cuz he was distracting us with complaints. After we won, he wanted to stay as a team. Of course, we ignored his request cuz fuck him.

hey thats me! O.O
iRXDRN0.gif

agree, HOTS is so boring. are other MOBAs any more fun?
I played some HotS and scoffed at how scrubby it was.

Then I played DotA and was bored out of my mind laning for half of the game until a superfed carry killed evreyone so nothing I did mattered.

I went back to HotS and think I prefer it over DotA because I am old man status and can't justify spending almost an hour per match. Not everyone likes MOBAs, but be sure it's the MOBA and not the characters you are picking. I only like 2-3 HotS characters, but I find the enjoyable.

Season 2 always best.

Problem is that I can't see people getting more invested as time goes on. Less than a year in we see that people really just don't care as much anymore, and I'm guessing that will only get worse.

There aren't many things I can see pulling me away from Overwatch long term. But the majority of the playerbase giving zero shits is definitely a contender.

Oxn

I played some HotS and scoffed at how scrubby it was.

Then I played DotA and was bored out of my mind laning for half of the game until a superfed carry killed evreyone so nothing I did mattered.

I went back to HotS and think I prefer it over DotA because I am old man status and can't justify spending almost an hour per match. Not everyone likes MOBAs, but be sure it's the MOBA and not the characters you are picking. I only like 2-3 HotS characters, but I find the enjoyable.

was using Lucio since i know what hes about, and didnt need to do anything.

Its funny cause i enjoy OW, i use to be big on WOW battlegrounds and Arena, but cant get into MOBAs. They have alot of likeness.

I also enjoy topdown ARPGs like Path of Exile and the likes.

Season 2 always best.

Problem is that I can't see people getting more invested as time goes on. Less than a year in we see that people really just don't care as much anymore, and I'm guessing that will only get worse.

There aren't many things I can see pulling me away from Overwatch long term. But the majority of the playerbase giving zero shits is definitely a contender.

I sent you an invite.

Looks like Vaults retiring ya'll.

BraXzy

Is playing HotS with a friend mandatory for counting towards the Nexus Challenge thing? Anywhere people are LFG'ing for that? :3

Gorillaz

Season 2 always best.

I'm expecting the summer season will be the return for alot of people. Schools out so more people will be running for top 500, gm, etc

I think shooter wise it has a nice grip on ppeople. Especially in a cod world.

Report cannot come soon enough on console, enemy soldier despite being fine for 3 Dorado rounds suddenly jumps and contests payload our final attack...except he lagging and teleporting about taking 10 times the hits he normally would, then is fine as he come running back to it, jumps near then...sudden lag again.

KiraFA37

Had to consult my Overwatch piggy bank and now own all the skins except the Chief Engineer Linholm skin, 12000 coins gone. Next event can better be a while out while I rebuild my cash reserves.

HiiiLife

They really didn't want me to get any of the new skins from the loot boxes this event. Leveled up at least 20 times and all sprays and duplicate costumes

Hey, so I don't even play this game, but my daughter was in an Overwatch fan film! She's the little girl (5 years old).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6G4LmRxRk

I honestly think it turned out pretty well (they spent a TON of money on it I think and filmed it with a RED 8K cam) but I'll let the community be the judge of that.

Hope you guys enjoy.

A jokingly played as Genji when he was bewilderingly available for a matches final slot, so this is why people always play as this annoying turd huh?

8m until arcade resets, wonder if we'll get a chance at 3 boxes at the end of this event. I've gotten Orisa, Widowmaker, and Torb's skin and i'm pretty satisfied already.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Welp that was my last lootbox for the event.

3 grey, 1 blue. 3 dups.

Not one skin of the entire event.

Not. One.

I'm sick of this bullshit, Blizzard.

Salarians

bad luck during this event

- Torb's Ironclad x2
- McCree's Blackwatch
- Bastion's Null Sector
- Torb's intro
- D.Va's intro x4

- duplicate vanilla legendaries x3
- ugly Bastion legendary
- currency

passed on Tracer and Mercy's skins (they're great but I already have better skins for them) and had enough to get Reinhardt's and Torbjorn's alt

He's fun. There's a reason why there's so many Genji mains out there, weebs aside

My last box gave me the blackwatch genji skin, it must be trying to tell me something!

No...my role in life is to Winston the Genjis, not succumb to his alluring toolset.

Gorillaz

They actually ended it on time this time?

I wonder if they have a month long thing planned for the year 1 anniversary then if they actually moved their feet ending uprising.

Top Bottom