• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MG310

Uprising is over! Hopefully some of these comp players leave until the next event.

I had 10,000 credits built up so I ended up buying the Tracer and Mercy skins and D.Va's highlight intro.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got
Dva Intro
Mercy Skin
Trob Skin
Rein Skin

For event items,
Got an Orisa and Zayra skin for off items

Up to 8k coins too, so next event, I should be able to afford 3 skins. I want Witch Mercy and Dva CNY if they return

Got:
- Genji skin
- McCree skin
- Widowmaker skin
- Torb commander skin
- Bastion skin
- D.Va intro
- Zenyatta intro

Used Gold on:
- Mercy skin
- Lucio "Boop" voice line

My best luck in any of the events by far, all in free boxes. I guess the good luck balanced out with having someone from my team leave in a Comp game about 40% of the time.

KanameYuuki

From all the things I wanted ended up missing Genji, Mcree and Orisa's leg skins, sucks because those are the best skins for those heroes : (

Friendly reminder to all of us console players to try out the new aiming system and option.

Veelk

Banned
From all the things I wanted ended up missing Genji, Mcree and Orisa's leg skins, sucks because those are the best skins for those heroes : (

Friendly reminder to all of us console players to try out the new aiming system and option.

I feel like I've gotten too used to exponential ramp and now the work it'd take to unlearn that would be too much.

I just signed in and event still running. EU PS4 here.

Bought McCree blackwatch and logged off for night.

Final haul.

McCree
Tracer
Torb (both) and highlight
Rein
Widow
Mercy
Dva highlight

Pretty much all I wanted. Genji loses out to Oni skin anyway.

I didn't spend any real cash on crates, never have never will. Maybe 60 or so opened.

Crzy1

Game seems a bit dead tonight on PC, skirmish to an unfilled game that doesn't happen, back to skirmish and repeat for 5 minutes. Just want a few rounds of QP.

Apathy

WTF. Like an hour ago I log into the game and the main splash characters finally changed back to normal (i had JR) and I thought "ok, event over" I checked the arcade and yup, gone.

I got do some stuff

I come back, turn on the game again, and I am greeted by rein in his uprising armor, on the uprising backsplash with the overwatch uprising logo. I check the arcade and it's still gone. Really odd

WTF. Like an hour ago I log into the game and the main splash characters finally changed back to normal (i had JR) and I thought "ok, event over" I checked the arcade and yup, gone.

I got do some stuff

I come back, turn on the game again, and I am greeted by rein in his uprising armor, on the uprising backsplash with the overwatch uprising logo. I check the arcade and it's still gone. Really odd

They reset the arcade and got rid of the PvE mode but you can still earn uprising boxes, even though you couldn't a while ago. lol

Apathy

They reset the arcade and got rid of the PvE mode but you can still earn uprising boxes, even though you couldn't a while ago. lol

Yeah i just got a box and inside was the widow event skin. The only skin i didn't get/buy.

Also, my normal mouse is fucked up, and i had to use a super basic mouse that doesn't even have any buttons on the side. Holy hell is it every a pain in the ass to get used to a new mouse and even worse not having a quick melee buttons on it. I am smashing down on like 4 keys on my keyboard at once trying to get the quick melee off

The streak continues. I've gotten a Tracer event skin every time now.

C-yY4lJXYAA5KT4.jpg:large

Apathy

Ugh lucky I still haven't gotten that one

I got bloodhardt rein which I didn't have before but I don't like it that much, now my pity timer is reset and the chances of getting an event legendary with just a few more boxes is slim

believe me, I was as surprised as anyone, cause in my mind the uprising stuff was over and the splash screen was an error, i did my games got the box and didn't even think twice about what kind it was i just hit spacebar and i see orange and think "man i wish the event were still going on" and suddenly i see widow in human form

Oxn

Man, is the PvsE mode gone? I wanted to earn some easy loot boxes. :(

I won all my arcade games today except for one. I was asking people to leave cause it was getting late, and like 4 people said no, but the very last one agreed just now, lol.

It was 1v1s.

it's amazing to me that they kept shitty ass 1v1 and ctf in arcade but not all brawls

equally amazing to me that they haven't fixed ctf yet

or removed bastion, sym and torb from 1v1

yet they never had lucio and mercy who would actually be decent? ok

jviggy43

it's amazing to me that they kept shitty ass 1v1 and ctf in arcade but not all brawls

equally amazing to me that they haven't fixed ctf yet

or removed bastion, sym and torb from 1v1

yet they never had lucio and mercy who would actually be decent? ok

I remember begging for ctf when the game first came out. Now? burn it with fire.

Veelk

Banned
I think a 1v1 mode would be cool where the players are allowed to pick whatever character they want, but only for one round and then can't pick them again for the rest of the match. Sym v Sym can be some stupid shit.

I think a 1v1 mode would be cool where the players are allowed to pick whatever character they want, but only for one round and then can't pick them again for the rest of the match. Sym v Sym can be some stupid shit.

it's fucking mindblowing to me that they never had lucio or mercy in duels because they said it wouldn't work

yet kept clearly defensive based characters to promote not moving an inch to win

Apathy

People in the arcade are certifiably brain dead.

Holy fuck, I go in for a pharah ult, going to wipe the opposing tema up up on the top part of Anubis A. I need to get through a rein shield but it's almost down. I ult with a dva on my team right next to me. Instead of matrixing while I ulted so I stayed alive, nope, just held down left click trying to get kills. Like wtf.

Only loss I had this week. It went surprisingly fast, got the rest done with minimal effort.

Edit: second dva intro out of the box, good.This event went pretty nicely for loot, Guess I'll just miss out on the blue torbj one

IKizzLE

Too bad comp on ps4 isn't what it used to be. Now it's just be happy someone isn't throwing lol. I miss season 2 where everyone actually tried.

Yup...most of those games I lost were throwers. Mid to high masters is truly ELO hell. Way too many people who get tilted instantaneously, people who are throwing from top500/Grandmaster and a shit ton of alt accounts of top players who either have grudges with people on their team or just don't give a fuck. It's literally a dice roll. That's why my comp win % sits at a solid 50.

Started playing this game for the last week and a half of the event and ended up getting all the skins except for genji (feels bad), mercy (not a mercy main thank god) and orisa (meh).

I started playing in the last two weeks but i have been watching and following Overwatch since the beginning haha. Watched all of seagull's stream, gale, shadder, calvin etc. Watched most of the tournaments (apex s2 was so hype). But i have only recently been able to buy it. Im excited for the next event and it better have some sick Zarya skins.

Owzers

*Joins Owzers game, waits for next round*

*Owzers has stopped playing overwatch.
Makes sense! I didn't see you join, I only went back to overwatch as a bad decision when bored and it didn't fix the boredom. Rockets were up by 30 to the Spurs and I didnt feel like starting half a Netflix horror movie before Colbert.

Overwatch is never the answer.

Apathy

It seems like I'm actively being matched up with people I have blocked on PSN in solo queue now.

Block only makes them so they can't communicate, it doesn't stop them queuing with you, because blizzard in their infinite wisdom thought 1 widow at the very top taking a little longer to find games wasn't acceptable so everyone else needs to have to play with people that are verbally abusive towards or griefers, because yeah, some dipwad that mains widow.

Top Bottom