• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Block only makes them so they can't communicate, it doesn't stop them queuing with you, because blizzard in their infinite wisdom thought 1 widow at the very top taking a little longer to find games wasn't acceptable so everyone else needs to have to play with people that are verbally abusive towards or griefers, because yeah, some dipwad that mains widow.

and there's no report function either on consoles :)

MG310

Hah, just got Symmetra POTG and all I'm doing in it is chasing a Mercy but not actually hitting her. I don't even think I had a decent turret kill in there.

Xeteh

The Overwatch Gods accepted my prayer. I decided to play some OW tonight, I wanted that Mercy skin before the event ended. Apparently I have zero reading apprehension, I thought the event ended on the 11th.

I start playing my games, get my 3 wins for my first lootbox. Oh shit, legendary. Oh shit, Mercy skin.

GGnoRE.

Just accept something good happened to you and move on.

Speaking of good things happening to me, I finally got the Game Over achievement for D.Va.

Part 1: Mei fucking dies

Part 2 (right after Part 1 finished, I just cut them separately for that Selfie intro lol): Game Over

The 2nd one finished up a team kill and led to us winning :)

Edit: oh fuck i didn't realize I killed Mei too from a boop in the second one lol, 5 kills then nice. Poor girl was having a rough night

elyetis

because blizzard in their infinite wisdom thought 1 widow at the very top taking a little longer to find games wasn't acceptable so everyone else needs to have to play with people that are verbally abusive towards or griefers, because yeah, some dipwad that mains widow.
To be fair, I get why it wasn't acceptable that a player took age finding a match for that reason. But it still boggles my mind that their answer was to completely stop it from removing blocked people from your queue.
They could have simply made it so the matchmaking would ignore the blocked list once your queue time went past a given threshold ( not a fixed one, but based on your region/mmr/time ) well at least something along those lines.

Yager

Banned
GG Yager again, 66% win rate today. I'll take that! Shame we lost the first match, we would have won if our Mercy didn't get picked off at the last minute.

GGs man. Indeed it was a shame, we should've won that couple of matches we lost but oh well, at least we gained a bit of SR.

I don't know what's going on with me lately but my aim is all over the place. Maybe it's because I took like a week playing and I can't find the "sweet spot" again (this used to happen to me a lot when I played Halo), but it could be worse.

_Legacy_

GGs man. Indeed it was a shame, we should've won that couple of matches we lost but oh well, at least we gained a bit of SR.

I don't know what's going on with me lately but my aim is all over the place. Maybe it's because I took like a week playing and I can't find the "sweet spot" again (this used to happen to me a lot when I played Halo), but it could be worse.

You'll get back into it, maybe just play a few quick play games before jumping into comp?

Yager

Banned
You'll get back into it, maybe just play a few quick play games before jumping into comp?

I do this always to "warm up", but it doesn't work that way for me. I have to play like almost every day or two for a couple of weeks. IDK, I'm a bit weird in that regard.

LiK

Anyone else turn off aim assist on console?
I didn't realize how much your cursor slows down when you use it...

The problem is it's way more jittery and hard to control. Felt good at first in Practice Range but totally fucked up my aiming in QP/Comp.

Cappa

Banned
Anyone else turn off aim assist on console?
I didn't realize how much your cursor slows down when you use it...
I have aim assist at 80,aim smoothing at 50 or 0 depending on hero and sens at default. It's improved my accuracy for me at least.

Using dual zone.

N7.Angel

How's QP compared to AI? Are people throwing the game?

People don't give a fuck about this game I think, playing Quick match and people are throwing as fuck XD

Why does it have to be with a friend?! Just let me grind through that crap alone.

Yeah that's totally stupid, I don't like MOBA to begin with but this one is terrible.

Is the challenge live?

It would suck a lot more if you were knocking them out and it wasn't.

I hope it is or I won't play it again XD

It'll probably go live later today as that way Genji will have had a full week.

I'll be on tonight if it does... Looking for you LiK and Komaru. Gotta get my Lucio on.

X-Frame

Returning to PS4 since last summer and wow are there a lot better Widow's now. Before I used to always treat them as a terrible pick, on either side, but I've been getting picked off way more than I used to last summer.

I guess it's the improvements to the aiming on console?

Last night I grinded out all 3 arcade boxes, and I realized that I am now a decent player at this game. After losing two 3v3 fights in a row because my teammates kept running into grenades and hooks at the start of the match, I decided to do some 1v1. I haven't done 1v1 since my first month playing this game because I lost most of my matches.

Last night I played 1v1 twice. My first match went 5-1, and my second was 5-2. As I played against my opponents, I realized that there was a real divide in skill between us. It felt damn good to get that experience outside of a team setting.

I grinded to buy Mercy's Skin, but I'm afraid I'll be missing her new lines.
Ended up grinding the 1250 coins that I needed in four days (because I couldn't play on the weekend), and got "lucky" as I got a duplicated Torb skin and 500 gold.

I really liked the PvE mode, I hope we get a permanent mode similar to it (or even some maps reworked to a mode like it, like they did with CtF)

N7.Angel

Lol

Yea hots is pure torture to do. I would be furious if i even did one extra game for nothing

Did you check the quest tracker to see if it's active? Bottom right button. I think it's the "!" graphic.

dM6_ax.gif

Top Bottom