• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Codiox

Last night I grinded out all 3 arcade boxes, and I realized that I am now a decent player at this game. After losing two 3v3 fights in a row because my teammates kept running into grenades and hooks at the start of the match, I decided to do some 1v1. I haven't done 1v1 since my first month playing this game because I lost most of my matches.

Last night I played 1v1 twice. My first match went 5-1, and my second was 5-2. As I played against my opponents, I realized that there was a real divide in skill between us. It felt damn good to get that experience outside of a team setting.

Wait, there is a 1vs1 mode? I'm playing on ps4 and didn't see it.

Gorillaz

So it seems that linear ramp is broken due to it not dealing with the deadzones of the controller but the new aim smoothing helps out onthe other options.

For people that are playing on the other ramp controls what is your settings right now? For Linear I've been messing around I'm sitting 59/59 aim assist 80 and moving 50. So far it's been a bit more fluid tracking down/ and following targets with people like Dva, Zarya and mccree has been a little easier but I feel like im still off.

antitrop

Did Sombra get a buff?

I did realize health packs were respawning at an insane rate while playing as her the other day...
She has received a few very small buffs over the past few months, but the hacked health packs have always spawned that quickly.

_Legacy_

Just played three HOTS games vs AI, I personally don't think the game is awful but it certainly lacks the polish of DOTA. Matches got tedious towards the end but was cool to try out different heroes.

It's a real shame you can't just play against the AI to get the D.Va skin. Forcing people to group up and play will only make some dislike HOTS even more.

Just played three HOTS games vs AI, I personally don't think the game is awful but it certainly lacks the polish of DOTA. Matches got tedious towards the end but was cool to try out different heroes.

It's a real shame you can't just play against the AI to get the D.Va skin. Forcing people to group up and play will only make some dislike HOTS even more.

Basically this. I had a guy on our own team shit talk me all match and then I got match MVP.

Lol.

dawgparty

Was getting into Heroes again and then last night happened. 4 games and every game we had at least 2 people who Never focused the objective. Not once. I'd imagine its fun with a coordinated team but holy shit is it painful otherwise.

She has received a few very small buffs over the past few months, but the hacked health packs have always spawned that quickly.
It breaks my brain every time someone on my team asks me if my health packs spawn faster.

Yes. Yes they do. Go stand on one while fighting, please.

Was getting into Heroes again and then last night happened. 4 games and every game we had at least 2 people who Never focused the objective. Not once. I'd imagine its fun with a coordinated team but holy shit is it painful otherwise.

This too. Man is it rough when even I, a new player plays the objective more than some people do.

We lost a game once in 7 minutes, no joke. It was nice seeing a team so well put together.

Strootman

Honestly something is off with ranking system.

Two days ago had a winning streak and got to 4003 SR. Now since yesterday I started to lose 60 SR points with every defeat. I dont known, it kinda feels a bit 'driven' or something. Like the game let you win or lose purposely.

I lost a match now and went from 3663 to 3597. Won the next match and got to 3622. WTF.

this 5 game QM in HOTS for the dva skin is quite bad, joined a grp and they just wanna lose fast.

yeah that's what I figured was gonna happen

what happens when both teams wanna throw tho

also the regular HOTS community must fucking hate these next 3 weeks, really just a terrible idea all around to make them pvp only

_Legacy_

Can people send me their Blizzard IDs (or PM them), looking to play 5-10 games this week. I can play at any time mostly, providing I'm not on Overwatch, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HOTS RN
southpark02thelosingedge.jpg

i'll be playing this week's challenge later tonight. hopefully can get at least 3 other people to play so we can cry together. and i keep my win-rate up for qm.

hypernima

Banned
Had a KOTH match where we were up 2-0. On the third match our Zen switches to Hanzo and gets no picks.

So I switched to zen to supplement the healer spot but it doesn't really work out because Hanzo didn't get kills.

He switched back when it was 2-2 but by then it was too late.

I don't know why people do random changes like that.

Cappa

Banned
so it says week 2 of nexus challenge is underway... but no quest pop up weird

No quest = no quest

Got the skin. Every match was a cancerous mix of people wanting to play and people AFKing. Good times.

But did you have the quest unlock? people in chat are saying no quest means its not live and it wont be until tomorrow

Syf

Banned
Did AFK actually work?
Well you can't truly AFK because you'll get auto kicked pretty quick. I mean it was a mix of people trying to play properly and people trying to throw. Definitely best to just get a group of 5 like-minded people.
But did you have the quest unlock? people in chat are saying no quest means its not live and it wont be until tomorrow
I had the quest yeah. I'm in NA, not sure if it's live elsewhere.

LiK

Well you can't truly AFK because you'll get auto kicked pretty quick. I mean it was a mix of people trying to play properly and people trying to throw. Definitely best to just get a group of 5 like-minded people.
I had the quest yeah. I'm in NA, not sure if it's live elsewhere.

I'll play for real but I suck so I'll probably just die a lot anyway.

_Legacy_

Had a KOTH match where we were up 2-0. On the third match our Zen switches to Hanzo and gets no picks.

So I switched to zen to supplement the healer spot but it doesn't really work out because Hanzo didn't get kills.

He switched back when it was 2-2 but by then it was too late.

I don't know why people do random changes like that.

There's nothing more dangerous on KOTH than going 2-0 up, randoms on your team can get cocky and switch roles for lolz or the other team pick a crazy comp because they're already 2-0 down. Happened to me in solo q sometimes. If you're lucky, randoms will switch back and start playing again, if not, I guarantee they'll be the first ones to spam "Thanks" when you lose and nearly pass out from banging your head against a wall.

HiiiLife

I know I said my experience in game chat has been so good I legit came across my first toxic player lol. Nothing funnier than a dude who blames everyone else but him. Can't winstons gun go through reins shield? Holding up your shield like a dummy while Winston shoots you. Then blames everyone eelse lol.

Top Bottom