• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Playing Johanna this week.

Queue times were abysmal the first two games so I'm only at 3/5 so far, but I ended last night with a 3/25/0 game and was MVP with something like 25% experience gained for the team lol.

LiK

Playing Johanna this week.

Queue times were abysmal the first two games SP I'm only at 3/5 so far, but I ended last night with a 3/25/0 game and was MVP with something like 25% experience gained for the team lol.

I was MVP in one game. I've been only playing as Zarya. Saved the replay. That was a good feeling.

Pooh seems to be way into HOTS lol

I don't understand the point of this promotion at all.

The Overwatch players don't want to play this rubbish, and the HotS players don't want people coming in fucking up their games.

Utter nonsense, the lot of it.

LiK

The Overwatch players don't want to play this rubbish, and the HotS players don't want people coming in fucking up their games.

I think if they could even get ~1% of OW players to get into HOTS, it's already a successful promo.

That's the reality of it, for sure.

The concept would be that OW players would get this new way to play their favorite characters, like Zarya or Tracer but especially Genji, and add this game to the rotation that they would otherwise not seek out. (And spend real cash on fake cash to get rad skins... speaking of, Widowmaker skin for Nova is pretty sweet.)

But I don't see any realm where this crossover brings players from HotS to OW. It's a pretty one-way funnel, promotion-wise.

Cappa

Banned
HotS is not that great compared to other moba in my opinion so any traffic is good traffic for them. I mean they pretty much are giving shit out for free. You can get like 25 heroes or whatever from just logging in lol

Apathy

HotS is not that great compared to other moba in my opinion so any traffic is good traffic for them. I mean they pretty much are giving shit out for free. You can get like 25 heroes or whatever from just logging in lol

20, not sure if you also get one for finishing the tutorial now (it did prior to 2.0) and if you pre ordered ow I think you get tracer. I started just before 2.0 with the tutorial character and tracer. With the 20 free heroes + what I've gotten in loot boxes I'm up to 34 heroes. It's kinda nuts

_Legacy_

Yeah, I thought the game was bugged when I could afford to buy a hero pack just after completing the tutorial. Had to double check to be sure lol!

As people are saying, any traffic into the game is good for Blizzard. I just feel sorry for those who actually play QP and are trying to win.

I like HotS, but I feel like it lacks depth and there isn't much incentive for playing the game regularly. I want to continually push new grounds in a competitive game, and HotS seems limited in that scope.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'll try for the dva skin today.

HOTS is definitely not the sort of game I'd keep playing after this event is over. It's not bad, but just very ho-hum. Either that, or mobas just aren't for me.

BashNasty

HOTS is definitely not the sort of game I'd keep playing after this event is over. It's not bad, but just very ho-hum. Either that, or mobas just aren't for me.

My brother loves MOBAs and he loves HOTS, so it seems like a great game if you're the audience for it, but sadly it's not really my genre either.

komaruR

Even tho people were actually trying to win in HOTS QP yesterday, the matches were like 10 min max. Totally painless especially since I was watching Giant Bomb on another monitor during it, LOL
You guys were in there for 17min on that last game.

Linkark07

Banned
My gripe with HOTS was everything feels slow. But that's probably just MOBAs in general to me.

Mine is lack of depth, and compared to DOTA2, quite barebone. It is good for waste some time occasionally, but for play constantly, it will get old fast.

That's the reality of it, for sure.

The concept would be that OW players would get this new way to play their favorite characters, like Zarya or Tracer but especially Genji, and add this game to the rotation that they would otherwise not seek out. (And spend real cash on fake cash to get rad skins... speaking of, Widowmaker skin for Nova is pretty sweet.)

But I don't see any realm where this crossover brings players from HotS to OW. It's a pretty one-way funnel, promotion-wise.

Should add Hanzo to HotS.

Paltheos

There's also the possibility of just not caring for MOBAs, like me. Although when I played HOTS during the last promotion, I had fun... just not enough to keep playing. I can't get into DOTA for instance because the learning curve is brutally steep, and I have some big issues with the control and vision you have in the game, but HOTS is fun to just mess around in (a little).

Acidote

I want to lose 5 HotS games as quick as possible, does it always take so damn long to queue? I have no interest in the game whatsoever so I want to make the quest asap and be done with it. And back to Overwatch.

Bulzeeb

I want to lose 5 HotS games as quick as possible, does it always take so damn long to queue? I have no interest in the game whatsoever so I want to make the quest asap and be done with it. And back to Overwatch.

Well I am assuming you are with another friend, and just like you there are lots of duo party players right now, you need 5 players, if you want a quick queue I'd advise you to get a third friend since single players are most likely ignoring QP (for players like you) or a 5 player team, which will be great because you can get people that also want to loose and won't ruin the game for everyone else

Acidote

Well I am assuming you are with another friend, and just like you there are lots of duo party players right now, you need 5 players, if you want a quick queue I'd advise you to get a third friend since single players are most likely ignoring QP (for players like you) or a 5 player team, which will be great because you can get people that also want to loose and won't ruin the game for everyone else

I've been trying to find others through the general chat, no luck so far.

Fugu

They really need to do something soon about 76 and Pharah
I can see wanting Pharah to be changed on console but on PC she's actually in a pretty good place now. She requires a lot of team co-ordination to kill but that's hardly a reason to nerf a character in a game ostensibly about team co-ordination. At the top Pharah is still less used than Soldier, Tracer and Genji. If you're having a lot of trouble with her, try Zen or D.Va; people focus a lot on the idea of using hitscan to kill her but a discord is far more hazardous.

Soldier is also fine. Ironically, nerfing 76 would mostly just make Pharah even stronger since he's one of her biggest checks. I'd support a retooling of nanovisor but I'm not really sure what that would actually look like.

I was MVP in one game. I've been only playing as Zarya. Saved the replay. That was a good feeling.

Pooh seems to be way into HOTS lol

Naw. I've only touched it when we play.

But I see the appeal.

Anyway I view it like this... When you guys do your HoTS games take it seriously because I know I would want HoTS players to take OW seriously if they came in to get some loot on their end.

Most of the community on HoTS yesterday were chill as I continued to learn the ropes.

LiK

Naw. I've only touched it when we play.

But I see the appeal.

Anyway I view it like this... When you guys do your HoTS games take it seriously because I know I would want HoTS players to take OW seriously if they came in to get some loot on their end.

Most of the community on HoTS yesterday were chill as I continued to learn the ropes.

Except the last game where those high level guys just wanted to destroy us.

Moonkeis

I just group/friended with random people last night in the newbie channel for HOTS. I'll never complain about OW queue times after going through the average 10-15 min queue times of HOTS.

Prelude.

I just group/friended with random people last night in the newbie channel for HOTS. I'll never complain about OW queue times after going through the average 10-15 min queue times of HOTS.
OW does the same when your MMR is non-existent. Queue lasts like 2 mins when it takes long.

LiK

ahh youre right i dont know whats the difference but just had a 7 minute match lol

Yea, the ones where you can't attack the home base directly really suck. You need to take over other structures to attack them. They're so bad.

Top Bottom