• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20722025#patchnotes

Genji
Removed the attack cooldown from Genji's wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Developer Comments: This is a quality of life change to make wall climbing feel better.

Hanzo
Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo's wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Storm Bow
Increased charge speed by 10%
Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
Developer Comments: Decreasing Hanzo's draw time gives him more overall DPS, while also letting him fully charge an arrow and more quickly return to full movement speed when needed. And, like the change to Genji's wall climbing, this is a quality of life change that will make climbing feel better.

Orisa
Fusion Driver
Damage reduced by 15%
Protective Barrier
Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
Developer Comments: To help Orisa maintain the front line for her team, we're reducing the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change also helps her reposition the barrier more easily when needed. To compensate for this new defensive strength, we're reducing her Fusion Driver's damage, as it felt too high.

Reaper
Wraith Form
Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
Developer Comments: Wraith Form is typically used as an escape ability after firing. This change gives Reaper a fighting chance if an enemy chases him down as he uses it.

Reinhardt
Earthshatter
Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can "climb" has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it "crawls" along the ground.
Developer Comments: Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly high, frequently hitting targets that were significantly above the ground. These changes help the ability stay more grounded.

Soldier: 76
Heavy Pulse Rifle
Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
Developer Comments: Soldier:76 is in a much better place lately, but his damage output was making him a must pick, compared to similar roles.

BUG FIXES

General
Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from being heard during the Play of the Game
Fixed an issue causing shields to display the wrong team color during the Play of the Game
Added new Kill Feed icons for environmental kills and a number of abilities

Arcade
Fixed a bug causing the introduction before 1v1 Mystery Duels to be interrupted
Fixed an issue causing parties to be split between teams after joining as a group for a Custom Game

A.I.
Fixed a bug that allowed bots to become stuck around the well on Ilios

Heroes
Fixed a bug that caused Lucio's healing and speed song auras to be inaccurately projected
Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa's Fortify from blocking the alternate fire from Lucio's Sonic Amplifier
Fixed a bug that prevented Orisa's Protective Barrier from deploying in certain situations
Fixed an issue that affected some graphics cards, causing an inaccurate ammo count to be displayed with Pharah's Mechaqueen and Raptorion skins equipped
Fixed a bug that could prevent two charging Reinhardts from being able to kill each other
Fixed a bug that prevented Winston's Primal Rage ultimate from restoring his health when hit by Ana's Biotic Grenade

Maps
Fixed a bug that caused Tracer to move oddly when she first appeared in the tutorial
Fixed an issue causing asymmetry between pillars on the Ruins capture point on Ilios
Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar

If you wanted DPS you go McCree anyways.

Soldier is for utility, heal, and movement which is a big part of pubs.

Yay on Rein changes, and I say that as a mostly Rein player this season.

Liking the sound of all of those potential changes (especially Soldier, that one number could make quite a pleasant difference) except the Shimada Bros, no I don't want arrow spam to be faster!

exYle

Genji changes sound nice. God knows how many blade swings I've lost cause I went climbing near the end of my ult.

Kinda worried about the Hanzo change

benzopil

I feel like new characters won't ever become popular because of stuff like this. They need to make them OP or at least powerful so people at least try to play and learn them.

Orisa is garbage and became even more garbage. When Doomfist will be released we'll laugh at Terry Crews' voicelines and forget about him in one week.

Ana was unintentionally OP and became popular. Sombra and Orisa can easily be removed at this point.

kind of cant believe they nerfed orisa's damage. I was just starting to like her too

I'm seeing a lot of doom and gloom about Orisa and after playing with her/against her on the PTR I actually like her now. Her shield is constantly up now with almost zero downtime. She's going to be great for stationary defense, especially when combined with Torb/Rein etc.

Veelk

Banned
Pharah will destroy on console, oh well. Worth it. I can finally stop playing soldier
She does anyway. Soldier only reliably kills her with his ult, and the nerf doesn't change that much.

For all that, I don't have that much problem with them despite rarely playing their counters. *shrug*

komaruR

just finish the pos called HoTS with Jellie and Skii.
stupid random cant even muster 2 more caps on the cemetry maps for a win. the enemy needed 5 caps and we need 2...

antitrop

The new kill feed is cool. Assists show up as a smaller portrait next to the larger portrait of the player that dealt the final blow.

Kenai

Haha, it never fails. When I'm killing a ton of guys as Hanzo, I become the main target. They so mad.

Not gonna lie, one of the biggest reasons I started playing Winston so much is because I have such an easy time chasing down Hanzos with him. Even if I lose the match it's always a good time racking up Gold or Silver elims on the backs of Hanzo (and Genji/Widow/Mercy/Soldier too I guess)

Not gonna lie, one of the biggest reasons I started playing Winston so much is because I have such an easy time chasing down Hanzos with him. Even if I lose the match it's always a good time racking up Gold or Silver elims on the backs of Hanzo (and Genji/Widow/Mercy/Soldier too I guess)

This is kinda why Winston ender up as my de facto main. SO many lucios and genjis in almost ever comp game I just got good with him, not to mention the easy to kill zenyattas or mercys on the backline

MartyStu

No Lucio nerf? What a joke. No idea how that even made it past ptr

Lucio was recently nerfed though...

While he now brings much more to the table in terms of immediate impact, the nerf to his auras was very significant. Enough that he needs to actually be in the right place and properly positioned.

LiK

He's my Widow killer.

Kenai

This is kinda why Winston ender up as my de facto main. SO many lucios and genjis in almost ever comp game I just got good with him, not to mention the easy to kill zenyattas or mercys on the backline

Yep, I have never seen a saltier OW player than when I chased a Mercy all the way to their base in Oasis and killed her in front of the door right before she stepped through. I could have bathed in it.

I dunno why i seem to be able to get away with it so often on Winston since he's not really a sneaky character but I won't argue with the results. I wish i could flank half as well on Sombra/Tracer.

He's my Widow killer.

Agree, but bullshit Scattershots and arrows from Hanzos i literally can't see trigger me more than anything Widow does for some reason. As a rule thought I get even monkey murder style rather than getting upset.

jviggy43

What do you want nerfed
Probably the amount of healing he does would be a good place to start imo. Its so easy to just jump into bad situation, switch to heal to get some life back, then get the hell out with speed boost. Also I can boop characters like roadhog off the map from mid point on the objective (I don't recall if they upped his boop in the new patch, I believe they did). I'd be ok with either a longer cool down or a somewhat reduced pushback range.

Lucio was recently nerfed though...

While he now brings much more to the table in terms of immediate impact, the nerf to his auras was very significant. Enough that he needs to actually be in the right place and properly positioned.

If were referring to the original aura buff (yes its a buff not a nerf) then no way in hell. It might have a smaller area of effect but they also made them heal a good bit more than before. I don't know anyone who thinks that that change was a nerf (Unless there was another patch that i missed).

Kenai

f were referring to the original aura buff (yes its a buff not a nerf) then no way in hell. It might have a smaller area of effect but they also made them heal a good bit more than before. I don't know anyone who thinks that that change was a nerf (Unless there was another patch that i missed).

It was a nerf to the area of effect and a buff to the numbers yea. That was the point though, cause they were more interested in nerfing his Speed Boost effectiveness than the amount he can heal for. And in that regard they definitely succeeded.

In general it was a buff to his healing though, and to be fair they will probably have to nerf him again since it didn't seem to have much impact on his play/win rate. I'm still not sure if he's objectively more broken than Ana, but he's definitely much easier to use. I do think his gun damage could be toned down a bit with the amount of healing he can do while actively attacking, but that's just my musing. Not sure if that would matter.

MartyStu

Probably the amount of healing he does would be a good place to start imo. Its so easy to just jump into bad situation, switch to heal to get some life back, then get the hell out with speed boost. Also I can boop characters like roadhog off the map from mid point on the objective (I don't recall if they upped his boop in the new patch, I believe they did). I'd be ok with either a longer cool down or a somewhat reduced pushback range.

If were referring to the original aura buff (yes its a buff not a nerf) then no way in hell. It might have a smaller area of effect but they also made them heal a good bit more than before. I don't know anyone who thinks that that change was a nerf (Unless there was another patch that i missed).

Lucio's healing, evasiveness and damage (all the things buffed) are not the reasons his pick rate is so high.

Lucio is picked solely because of speed boost. The nerfing speed boost received was actually quite aggressive. To the point where he actually now requires skill to leverage that ability. Which was the point of the nerf: require a ton more skill to play him the same as he was before.

I think we need to give the nerf time to settle, but if things stay pretty much the same, then we can conclude that one of two things need to happen in order to significantly lower his pick rate:

-Speed boost needs to be rendered worthless
-The rest of Lucio's kit needs to be nerfed into the ground

Either option pretty much kills the character.

Ghazi

Hanzo is definitely more viable now. You can fire off so many shots. I don't feel like I'm fucked if I miss an arrow anymore.

That's the entire point of having so much time between arrow shots, he can instakill a good chunk of the cast already so what keeps that in balance is that you need good accuracy to do so. The fire speed buff only serves to benefit players who spam arrows with bad accuracy. Now we'll have Hanzo's wallclimbing and shooting fully charged arrows over cover too.

Those two changes make absolutely zero sense to me.

They... buffed Orisa's barrier? and... nerfed her damage?

Uh, I think they've got it backwards lol.

Also Soldier nerf is nice but on console I hope they've got a McCree damage buff lined up any second for Pharah....

Top Bottom