• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

SoldnerKei

I was planning on getting the D.va skin and get done with HotS but it was surprisingly fun to play, I might as well do the following weeks because why not.

komaruR

Which is why quark's vod reviews are much more worth watching.
Yea. Sty's vod is like trying to be nice so ppl would submit more vod to him.
I can see wanting Pharah to be changed on console but on PC she's actually in a pretty good place now. She requires a lot of team co-ordination to kill but that's hardly a reason to nerf a character in a game ostensibly about team co-ordination. At the top Pharah is still less used than Soldier, Tracer and Genji. If you're having a lot of trouble with her, try Zen or D.Va; people focus a lot on the idea of using hitscan to kill her but a discord is far more hazardous.

Soldier is also fine. Ironically, nerfing 76 would mostly just make Pharah even stronger since he's one of her biggest checks. I'd support a retooling of nanovisor but I'm not really sure what that would actually look like.
On pc i get shot down quick if i dont got the surprise factor. On console, just staying in the sky is hard enough for most ppl to have a hard time shooting u lol.
Im a better soldier than Reaper.

This is so disappointing.
Im the better reaper in the group! Jellie can attest to my edginess!

Mossybrew

I was planning on getting the D.va skin and get done with HotS but it was surprisingly fun to play, I might as well do the following weeks because why not.

Yeah I think I'll finish it off and get the loot boxes. Though there are aspects of the game I don't care for, it's overall been pretty fun.

DR2K

Banned
Yesterday my hots match went for 25min

I wanted to die

"Wait why did my character die instantly in a 1v1?"

"What's with the shitty objectives?"

"Wait I died 45 times and we won?"

By the end of 2nd week challenge I was rooting for the other team to destroy my core.

X-Frame

Hey guys, which are your favorite Overwatch YouTube channels to follow for tips, guides, news etc?

It looks like Your Overwatch and Overwatch Central are popular channels I used to follow last summer. Are they still useful? How about any others?

LiK

Hey guys, which are your favorite Overwatch YouTube channels to follow for tips, guides, news etc?

It looks like Your Overwatch and Overwatch Central are popular channels I used to follow last summer. Are they still useful? How about any others?

They've gotten better. I also watch Unit Lost, Force Gaming and Hammeh.

HiiiLife

Force gaming.

Keasar

Tried playing some for the first time in a while.

First game I play I get yelled at for not being good enough.

Blizzard games so much fun...
It's like trying to play Team Fortress 2 all over again.

All because none of my friends wanna bother try to play games like Battlefield with me. Saying they are too chaotic. Well, it seems like chaos is the only playground I can somehow handle and not surgical precision requiring bullshit like this with Hanzo and Widowmaker players who can make a full 180 degree turn and headshot you in less than half a second. Turning around a corner and there is a fucking Roadhog who hook you and kill you before you even noticed he was there.

Mariip

The Skyline channel is so damn good, dude is always positive, had amazing tips and in-depth instructive videos, deserved more success for sure, I put the link of his channel if you want to take a look for people that don't know him:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrfc_LU0llSRI7icBFoBnw

I love how his channel didn't become clickbaity and how he respects all hero picks
unlike your overwatch and unit lost -_-
Overwatch central has nice videos about hero mains too, they actually talk with the best players in each hero they can find and discuss balancing and tecniques =)

if you play on console check out chit chat https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGtiLzjlxArRoenk1hHP9qw

Last night was one of those win/loss/win/loss/draw/loss/win kind of nights. Ended a whole 3 SR higher than I started. All those defeats were the direct result of Pharmercy. Whenever I tried to switch to Soldier or anything to even attempt to counter it, my teams would demand I solo heal and usually demand Mercy although I'm much better at Lucio/Zen. All I need is one god win streak to get back to 3000 but nope, apparently people forgot how to counter those two.

Cappa

Banned
Soldier: damage reduced from 20 - 19
ult time reduced from 8 to 7 seconds

Reaper: wraith form has a slight speed increase

orisa shield cooldown decreased to 8 seconds from 12

Are those real?

LiK

Soldier: damage reduced from 20 - 19
ult time reduced from 8 to 7 seconds

Reaper: wraith form has a slight speed increase

orisa shield cooldown decreased to 8 seconds from 12

Are those real?

Oh, Soldier nerf ain't so bad.

Orisa didn't need a damn CD reduction.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Should be posted soon @ https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754527715

But for now

iTQjWUh.png

Tada

antitrop

Winston not getting his health back when popping Primal Rage during anti-heal was a bug? How the fuuuuuuuuuck did that last in the game for so long

I thought it was intentional and they just counted the health as healing. It's been almost a year like that.

Veelk

Banned
lol 1 damage. I hope they are open to taking it down 1 more.

I'll take anything.

19 damage per shot means he needs 6 shots to finish off a 200hp Hero again, right?

If I really had it my way, he'd be doing 2 damage a bullet.

But seriously, I believe that Soldier should be a hero that the most jack of trades her. Average at everything, great at nothing. I feel that's his fundamental characteristic. He can sprint, but that mobility option is essentially the least useful in the game. He can heal others, but any healer is better for the job. So that leaves his assault rifle, which should be easier to use, but do less damage. And technically, that's true, because McCree can out DPS him. But while I can't speak for the PC crowd, his damage has made him fucking oppressive on consoles, and McCree's just dont' have the aiming to keep up some someone with an automatic output of that power. But even so, it feels like McCree is still the poorer option, or atleast the riskier, putting Soldier on equal footing. They both annihilate enemies in seconds, but do you prefer it with two shots of your pistol or 5 shots with your assault rifle?

I think McCree should be the superior DPS over Soldier, not his equal. Soldier should be the default character people pick out of familiarity before leaving to go on the specialized characters. Sort of like how new players play bastion because they don't know what else the game has to offer, so they go with the one with the giant DPS damage output. Soldier is the perfect character to start playing the game, because he is fast, can heal, and is fairly strong, but the rest of the cahracters should just flat out be better options if you know what your doing.

Nekrono

1 damage drop on Soldier seems fair, if they drop one more he'll go back to the same place he was before the buff, no one will pick him and Mccree will reign again.

Hopefully now they are able to strike a nice balance between Soldier and Mccree.

Now the Rein nerf is welcomed, that shit was insane, it fucking went above just about everything and it was annoying and unfair. They should make it that it just connects with everything on ground level and within jumping height.

Top Bottom