• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Alucrid

Banned
Widow's whole kit is abysmal. I honestly don't know why she's always selected. The most boring abilities in the game.

She needs a lot of changes. Her hook takes far too long to recharge. Genji can constantly double jump and climb walls but you have to wait twelve seconds to use a hook? Come on.

Her Ult is a complete joke when another character has that same ability every, what? 15 seconds?

The poison mine is...I mean what even is it?

you use the mine to cover areas enemies can try to come through to jump in on you

I-hate-u

I'm hyped for an event, I need to die to pharmercy more.

As a console player, I feel D.Va + Zen + 76 can effectively shut down Pharmercy enough for them to switch. Plus, having a mercy pocketing the Pharah all of the time means the other 4 heroes on the ground won't get constant healing.

NeoRaider

I just realized that i am screwed if they release new event/items so soon. I literally have 5 coins atm.

Please Blizzard make new skins permanent and not limited time unlocks.

antitrop

Bless your heart for the dodge, XXXNARUTO69

6 GMs vs 2 GMs and CANTHEARYOU the Torb main x.x

y5PICUp.png

EDIT: AND THEN THE NEXT MATCH I GET DESROW (BestTorbNA). F U BLIZZ

JHall

Bless your heart for the dodge, XXXNARUTO69

6 GMs vs 2 GMs and CANTHEARYOU the Torb main x.x

EDIT: AND THEN THE NEXT MATCH I GET DESROW (BestTorbNA). F U BLIZZ

That's rough, matchmaking has been straight shit today. Played one game then got off.

antitrop

That's rough, matchmaking has been straight shit today. Played one game then got off.

I won my next match and it got me to 3970. Today is still the day. I'm getting more for a win than I'm losing for a loss, so it should just be a matter of grinding.

HMD

Hanamura first point, you're on the attack team and you're playing against a Rein/Torb/Bastion/Symm/Mercy/Mei comp... What the fuck can you do at that point? We literally only needed to get the 33% to win and we simply couldn't. And the moment our Sombra managed to get a great EMP, the hiding Mercy revived everyone we managed to kill. Ultimates were thrown around but the teleporter fucked us up and we lost all our alts in that fight. Fuck 2CP.

Hanamura first point, you're on the attack team and you're playing against a Rein/Torb/Bastion/Symm/Mercy/Mei comp... What the fuck can you do at that point? We literally only needed to get the 33% to win and we simply couldn't. And the moment our Sombra managed to get a great EMP, the hiding Mercy revived everyone we managed to kill. Ultimates were thrown around but the teleporter fucked us up and we lost all our alts in that fight. Fuck 2CP.

You have to get someone behind enemy lines to kill the Torb turret. Then they harass from the backline, which forces the team to split their attention, which allows you to push.

What if they just gave Roadhog's hook a deadzone so he could stop instafuckign Mei, Reaper, etc?
Why shouldn't he be able to instafuck them?

I won my next match and it got me to 3970. Today is still the day. I'm getting more for a win than I'm losing for a loss, so it should just be a matter of grinding.

Still playing Mercy?

I'm proud and jealous of you lol.

Still gonna mention I once got to play placements with you :D

antitrop

Still playing Mercy?

I'm proud and jealous of you lol.

Still gonna mention I once got to play placements with you :D

Once I got past 3750, it's been almost all Lucio/Zen/Ana. Mercy is still my most played character from the hours I spent climbing out of Diamond with her, though.

People hate Mercy at this rank and I can play other characters, so it's not even worth me getting shit for playing Mercy.

Anne

Looks like I'm a tank player now.

In other news people want to in-house again, so if people want to do one on Sunday around 5-6PMEST I'd be game to host it.

Fugu

I'm getting so close to GM that I actually don't want to play the game any more for fear of losing a game. I haven't lost in like three days either, so there's a lot of pressure.

Anne

I'm getting so close to GM that I actually don't want to play the game any more for fear of losing a game. I haven't lost in like three days either, so there's a lot of pressure.

I went down to 3800 something like 2 days ago and I'm back at 4060 already. You're going to lose points eventually at this rank, just have the confidence to get them back.

Fugu

I went down to 3800 something like 2 days ago and I'm back at 4060 already. You're going to lose points eventually at this rank, just have the confidence to get them back.
It is honestly less about SR and more about the streak. On normal days I'm lucky to net 50SR but with a streak going I can play for a couple of hours and go up 200. I'm used to being bounced around - I dropped to diamond more times than I can count and have stagnated in mid-master for about a month now - it's just nice to have the opportunity to really move up. I just don't want it ruined by some thrower or whatever.

I get like 19 a game normally and now I'm getting 40 (or 60 if I play support for reasons I don't quite understand). I don't want to go back to having to win 55% of my games just to maintain my rating.

Solo climbed out of Plat to Diamond as mostly Genji. Anybody want to team up? I play Genji, Soldier, Roadhog, Zenyatta, and can do well on Junkrat, Torb and Symmetra if the map / comp calls for it.

SprtnCrvr#1899. Usually do solo/doubles/triples in comp but always willing to play with a bigger team with good comms.

hypernima

Banned
Did they buff the width of Orisa's shield today? Like a hot fix? I had one game where it was small and the next it was as large as the Hanamura gate width.

Fugu

Meanwhile I have to rip the souls out of my victims to get 25 SR out of these plat games lmao.
Somewhere around mid-diamond I'd exhausted my capacity to carry a team kicking and screaming to a win they didn't deserve. It's tough when that happens because in that range there's a lot of people who believe that they are seriously underrated in plat and diamond. It really undermines their ability to play as a team because these players tend to have limited accountability and just play whatever they want regardless of the situation. This means that in a lot of games in that range you don't really have much chance of winning from the outset unless the conditions are favorable for your arrogant "master-disguised-as-plat" genji main.

Some of these players actually are just better and eventually get out of the plat/diamond glut where I imagine a pretty large percentage of the Overwatch population lives, but many of them don't and just shit up the games for everyone.

At the end of the day, though, the higher up you go the more work you have to do to win the average game. It gets less frustrating at higher levels because there are less people who think they're the best player on the team but there are still some and you tend to trade off losing because of frustrating teammates for losing because of inadequate performance. I've lost a lot of games to small ult mistakes and the like. It feels better than losing because of a Junkrat main on your team but an L's an L.

Ran into some really toxic players in QM last night. Crying they weren't getting healed while I'm holding it down solo and they're not doing anything to defend me. The number of times one of them was crying "HEAL ME" while they had the orb above their head was hilarious. I still somehow won them the game with that trusty Zen ult and managed 10,000 healing in a single round.

This is also the second time someone was so tilted at me, they tried to add me after the game. Lol. Sure buddy, I'll accept that real quick.

XaosWolf

Just lost a 6 v 5 game...

We had a duo of a platinum McCree and his unranked Soldier 76 buddy and they complained that we were all scrubs the entire time instead of dealing with the Pharah. =/

Top Bottom