• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I use my mic always when playing Zen to call out Discords, but also to call bullshit when I get told to stop DPSing and Heal. It's nice to be able to tell them to watch the Kill Feed. If I'm getting killed by Sombra, Tracer, and Genji, I'm not being protected. It has nothing to do with going DPS. And that's assuming they even watch the Kill Feed and don't spam "Need Healing" while I'm coming back from spawn.

Totally. I was telling them "Bro, you've been getting healed this entire time. The orb has been on you for at least a minute."

The kicker is it was quick match. And we were winning. Baddies are gonna bad, I guess.

Watching Seagull win with an Sym one-trick on his team, Sym was actually part of the reason they one, twice. Sym would actually be a very strong hero (on offense too!) if she was actually a support and had some means of mitigating damage to her team.

One 2CP, final points especially, the enemy team has to go to point when you're capping. They don't have time to hunt down tele.

Attack teleporter is actually very strong, just the rest of the hero is subpar.
I'd like it if Symmetra turrets could fire a shield onto nearby allies. It would require a rework of the character, but at least she would be a support character instead of a defense character.

Totally. I was telling them "Bro, you've been getting healed this entire time. The orb has been on you for at least a minute."

The kicker is it was quick match. And we were winning. Baddies are gonna bad, I guess.

To be honest it doesn't come up much outside of QP, where the morons rule. I always have my Orbs on someone, Heal and Discord, and, while my overall stats with him are mid-Gold, my 2 Orb stats are always around Master-level. People rarely complain, and those that do almost always shut up when my (30-40% kill participation) Card comes up at the end.

There will always be shit-heads who hate Zen and bitch about no Heals, but his Discords make up for his weak Healing, if your team can hit its shots. And he is absolutely necessary against Pharmercy these days.

Love your Zens, people! We are juggling our Healing orbs as fast as we can, trust us!

rulerk1

lol I made it so only friends can send me messages and got a friend resquest from our Zarya who I know was gonna yell at me about not healing him. I mean I tried but lucio healing is slow and I had an obvious top 500 smurf Genji on my ass throughout the match and got no bubble from him or help. Genji took out four of us and he couldn't even turn around to help. It's insane

MG310

lol I made it so only friends can send me messages and got a friend resquest from our Zarya who I know was gonna yell at me about not healing him. I mean I tried but lucio healing is slow and I had an obvious top 500 smurf Genji on my ass throughout the match and got no bubble from him or help. Genji took out four of us and he couldn't even turn around to help. It's insane

I don't know how I've only ever gotten 1 salty message after a match. Most usually get it out on their mic I guess.

Nimby

Banned
Depends. Is the teleporter still glitched? I haven't heard it fixed yet.

Glitch? I haven't kept up with OW much at all recently. It's still strong, you just have to use it effectively. Gotta keep track of how many of team is alive vs. how many enemies you killed. It's good to throw it up in the middle of the fight so you can try to overwhelm the defense with spawn advantage. Sym's also very good at cleaning up messy fights, so, that situation kinda works well for her.

Maddocks

I want that dva skin, but I never played heroes of the storm and I really don't want to play it. Is the skin worth the time and effort?

Banzai

I've been hovering around 2750 for the last 20 games or so. At 2768 now, fully expecting to lose the next game.
I still have hope that I'll get back to Diamond, though. I know I can do it.

I've been hovering around 2750 for the last 20 games or so. At 2768 now, fully expecting to lose the next game.
I still have hope that I'll get back to Diamond, though. I know I can do it.
You will. Everyone just has those good and bad days. Just have to remember to find ways to improve yourself on those bad days.

MG310

Started off 0-3 and almost dipped below 2000 for the first time since the middle of season 3 but turned it around and ended up 10-6-1 on the night.

Back up to 2220.

I need to resist the urge to Roadhog on Illios every time. I'm awful at the Ruins map with him and probably spend a little too much time fishing for hooks off the edge on the others.

Went 5-0 with Symmetra, 4-1-1 with Zenyatta and 1-5 with Hog.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
tfw losing streak on console
tfw reaction is to send at least one passive aggressive "what keyboard and mouse adapter you using :^)?" message every few matches

Taranis

Neo Member
I had a pretty great night in competitive. Grouped up with a solo queue team after a win, and went on an eight game winning streak. It always feels like a gamble to group up with randoms in competitive after a win, but everyone was active on comms so maybe it wasn't much of one. I ended with a 400 sr gain and made it into platinum!

Feels good man.

Anne

Trip DPS > 2/2/2 > Trip Tank

seems to be the current metagame arms race. All 3 archetypes are viable right now for different reasons which is nice.

Banzai

Trip DPS > 2/2/2 > Trip Tank

seems to be the current metagame arms race. All 3 archetypes are viable right now for different reasons which is nice.

Question about that: When going trip dps do you generally want one less healer or tank? I would assume burst heal is a must in the first scenario.

Anne

Question about that: When going trip dps do you generally want one less healer or tank? I would assume burst heal is a must in the first scenario.

Always two heals with solo tank. Winston is the best solo tank right now.

It's less burst heals, it's more you'll need double healers to spread out how you want.

The Rogue comp is the template everybody is using. Winston/Tracer/Genji/Soldier/Zen/Lucio.

Edit: As I say this X6 runs solo Lucio. Solo support is a thing but it's very risky and advanced.

Sande

I wish there was a Mystery Heroes 3v3 mode.

I like doing that mode for a quick blast, but constantly seeing Hogs is a bore.
This needs to happen.

I feel like 3v3 has been "solved", with the clearly superior comp being Roadhog, Ana and Zarya. You might be able to get away with replacing Ana or Zarya with someone like Soldier or Tracer depending on the situation, but that's about it. Luckily people aren't playing the mode just for the wins so you see a lot of Hanzo, Widowmaker, McCree and Genji too. But someone always picks Roadhog and if the other team didn't pick him too they probably already lost.

The best comp is short range though, so you could try to counter with poke, but that often ends in a standstill where Roadhog's team won't come out in the open and the other team won't go in. Eventually someone gets bored, tries to do something and gets killed.

KiraFA37

Blizzard China revealed lootboxed probabilities:
Loot box content
Each loot box contains 4 items, which means cosmetics or in-game currency to unlock cosmetics
Rare quality
Each loot box contains at least one item of rare or higher quality
Epic quality
On average, every 5.5 loot boxes contain an item of epic quality
Legendary quality
On average, every 13.5 loot boxes contain an item of legendary quality

Found on Reddit.

Auctopus

I haven't played properly in a while but decided to do some Rank Placement matches after recent changes to Siege.

Noticed something that really shouldn't be allowed. A guy (during placement matches) had partied up with his friend who was a Diamond and proceeded to stomp all over my team (who were mostly made up of low-levels ((sub-Level 30)) ).

I thought Blizzard had all those strict rules with you're not allowed to play Ranked matches with people who have too different an MMR to you, even if they're your friends. Why is someone allowed to party up with a Diamond and bring them in to Placement matches?

I want that dva skin, but I never played heroes of the storm and I really don't want to play it. Is the skin worth the time and effort?
I mean, it's pretty great but doing all 10 games is gonna be at least like 4 hours I'd say, it is coming to regular loot boxes eventually if you can wait.

Rizzi

IHovZf0.jpg

Balanced matchmaking as always.

Top Bottom