• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

hypernima

Banned
What is the argument for Winston / Symmetra fire not going through Zarya shields? It's not like she would be useless because of that change.

It absorbs energy, can't get more energetic than that.

I view barrier not as a pure shield per se, as it's extremely time limited in exchange for not having to deal a particular amount of damage to destroy it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It absorbs energy, can't get more energetic than that.

I view barrier not as a pure shield per se, as it's extremely time limited in exchange for not having to deal a particular amount of damage to destroy it.

Meh. I think it has too many good properties for the "downside" of simply being on cooldown.

This game is so infuriating sometimes. Our team is on attack on Eichenwalde. We have a dive comp and wind up capturing the point and unlocking the payload very quickly. A very obvious smurf on the defense team quits, match cancelled! Such bullshit!

nikos

Why is it so hard to get out of Silver? It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I can get 75 eliminations and still lose. I'm no pro, but I don't think I'm a bad player. Any tips?

randome

Why is it so hard to get out of Silver? It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I can get 75 eliminations and still lose. I'm no pro, but I don't think I'm a bad player. Any tips?

I got almost to platinum then fell to under gold. It's so hard to get out of silver. I played with a friend who's platinum with other platinum/diamond players and did very well. It seemed like more people communicate and are just generally not so pissed off, so idk.

Mutombo

Don't be that guy who looks at his gold medals and thinks he is the one who shouldn't change.

Gold medals don't guarantee a win.

Granted, if you're in silver and have impeccable aiming, you should do rather well just picking off players and climb ladder with that. But if the rest of your team keeps dying because you're missing a Rein or healer, it's better to switch.

I'm just all gold; some games are really fun, some games aren't. Most common problem is people refusing to switch/never wanting to heal or tank.

Those fucking Genji Hanzo mains.

It feels impossible as a support main. I can never even get in a match where a teammate is willing to be a second support, just 3 DPS insta-locks and then a Junkrat or Hanzo and hopefully a tank. It is torture. I know I am a decent support but there is only so much I can do when no one is willing to adjust.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Those fucking Genji Hanzo mains.

I don't even see Genji mains on console as bad. Teams in general are such garbage at communicating and noticing things not in front of them that a Genji main harassing healers all match is helpful.

If you think having gold elims means that the problem is your teammates, then you probably don't understand what is going on. There are a lot of things that contribute to a loss, but the most common ones are bad comps (duh), bad ult management, and trickling in; medals don't really tell you much because a single pick or someone going out of position could give a way the match.

If you have gold medals, you might be doing your own solo thing without proper team fighting. Kill participation is a better stat to look it, since if you are good at cleaning up and team fighting, you will have high kill participation.

If something isn't working, you don't look at your medals and blame the team. Look at the killfeed and comp. It might be bad ult management, bad comp or someone overextending. You might even be splitting up or not doing a certain job like peeling or creating space, or even pressuring with Soldier (one of the heroes who can easily boost his stats and medals).

There are obvious cases where you might have gold elims/damage which your DPS should have; it could be two things: DPS dying/messing up, or tanks not taking aggro/supports dying too early or not doing their jobs.

You don't analyze a match by medals and go on to blame your team. I've seen many people get all the eliminations and PoTGs when they chase kills and go 1vs3 or something; they don't give their team the opportunity to go in because they are basically doing team deathmatch.

LiK

Our rein was dumb. But whatever.

I owned for the most part as Ana.

From the matches I watched, you were doing okay as Ana. You need to work on her Sleep Darts cuz I saw you were missing them a lot and also the Nano needs to be used more. Since you use a mic, probably need to coordinate with whoever you wanna Nano.

What's your sensitivity and aim smoothing with her?

Well I have just seen the best situational awareness I think I have ever seen on console (And it was mic-less too). I was playing Mercy when a Winston and Genji both jumped me and popped ults to try and kill me and our Ana. Ana instantly notices, pops her nano on me, and i just get bounced around while our Zarya runs over to bubble me giving me just enough time to pull off a 4 man res and save the point.

Out of all the hours I have played Mercy, I have NEVER seen an Ana Nanoboost me to try to save me from imminent death.

LiK

Well I have just seen the best situational awareness I think I have ever seen on console (And it was mic-less too). I was playing Mercy when a Winston and Genji both jumped me and popped ults to try and kill me and our Ana. Ana instantly notices, pops her nano on me, and i just get bounced around while our Zarya runs over to bubble me giving me just enough time to pull off a 4 man res and save the point.

Out of all the hours I have played Mercy, I have NEVER seen an Ana Nanoboost me to try to save me from imminent death.

Message some props to that guy.

Veelk

Banned

Even with a nanoboost, you survived Winston and Genji ulting on you? Damn.

Even with a nanoboost, you survived Winston and Genji ulting on you? Damn.

To be fair, the Genji was fairly terrible. Every push he tried to flank and get me in the backline, and I just dashed between teammates lol.

When the Winston ulted me his smacks saved me from Genji's slashes and he gave up and went for Ana, and the Nanoboost and Bubble kept me alive long enough to get a sweet sweet res

Lol and the guy replied he didn't even remember ulting a Mercy and that he would roll with it. So apparently it was an accident as they were dying

I was actually aiming for the Hanzo, but you got in the way...

MartyStu

I do that every once in the while. Especially if I know she is close to Rez.

Also, I am assuming she was pumping you with heals as well.

Question,on consoles how do you wall ride several walls as Lucio? I cant jump and ride another wall

Change jump for one thing, I switch jump to L1 and put heal/speed switch on X.

You need ride a wall holding jump, quickly release and tap (to jump off wall) and hold it again to stick to next wall.

Make sure hold a movement direction on new wall.

Edit: Oh, replying to old post been answered.

I feel like I need to enjoy current Lucio while I can, it's pretty much exactly what I always wanted to take him from "i'll play him I guess" to "I'm actually enjoying this!".

I can't see him staying this way.

X-Frame

I started my Placement matches today and the game put me into a game with average 3200 first game (we won), then 2nd game the opponents were around 3500 and we won.

I peaked Season 2 at 3177. I figured I would be put into games at around 2500 since I haven't been playing since last summer. Too much pressure!

Fugu

I started my Placement matches today and the game put me into a game with average 3200 first game (we won), then 2nd game the opponents were around 3500 and we won.

I peaked Season 2 at 3177. I figured I would be put into games at around 2500 since I haven't been playing since last summer. Too much pressure!
Assuming you're as good as you were, you'll probably place quite high since there was a rating adjustment between season 2 and 3. Basically Blizzard decided that too many people had ratings near the midpoint and magnified the extremes; the result is that a diamond in s2 is equivalent to a high diamond or master in s3 onwards.

There are a lot of players that saw drastic increases or decreases in SR between seasons 2 and 3.

X-Frame

Assuming you're as good as you were, you'll probably place quite high since there was a rating adjustment between season 2 and 3. Basically Blizzard decided that too many people had ratings near the midpoint and magnified the extremes; the result is that a diamond in s2 is equivalent to a high diamond or master in s3 onwards.

There are a lot of players that saw drastic increases or decreases in SR between seasons 2 and 3.

Very interesting, thanks for the info.

It feels a bit awkward doing my Placements now. I hope that me being on a team with everyone else who has already placed doesn't affect their SR much, win or lose.

Owzers

The comp losses are piling up and blizzard cares not for those who live below Pharahs reign on consoles. I'm taking a break.

rulerk1

i swear hacking people to take away their abilities and mini graving low health babies so they actually get killed is amazing. Beautiful characters both of them, I would main them if only people wouldnt cry if you choose them

accx

Man, i really want to get good at Ana.. She's so rewarding when you're popping off but i feel extremely inconsistent with her.
Anyone got any tips? Been watching dummy's videos a lot

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
hit scan + discord + diva. If that doesn't work for your set up your hit scan is letting you down.

Having to adjust to three characters to one, doesn't really make it work.

Pharah needs a rework still, can't imagine how annoying she is on consoles with Ana and others not being as good.

First game of the day. 0-2 in the first rounds stuck as a healer. 2-1 in the next three as a DPS. Cleaned up as Pharah on DPS the next two, but no one wanted to switch off as a healer for the 5th round.

antitrop

Been trying a little Widow lately, for some reason.

opendm8.png

Top Bottom