• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

DOWN

Banned
So Stars under your name are for how many times you hit 100, but what are the laurels and feathers on the frame for?

Chipotle

Even dropping from 2100 to 1750 has been rough. So hard to get out of when people disconnect, don't group up and don't pick characters that work for the team (it's more annoying when people don't change when it's not working - the enemy team can often be really strange too so not that bothered about initial choice usually). The lack of voice chat is really damaging too, I don't know for sure but feels like when people are talking you instantly do better - I was playing a lot of Zenyata for a while and you pretty much have to do call outs but it can really work. On the plus side I'm getting more practice with Rein who I'd avoided in the past.

So now that I'm ~2000 rating it seems like there are a lot more GAF players that are in my range on PC.

Would anyone be interested in forming a 6-person competitive stack to try and improve together?

I'm primarily a Roadhog player.

jviggy43

Game back into GM for me, 2 of our teammates are late to pick on defense on Anubis. We proceed to get rolled right away, enemy Zar gravs on second point, cap. On offense the rest of the team goes torb hanzo and widow and just throw, then flip out about me and my teammate not doing anything when we have gold and silver elims (with 3 and 2 no less lol). I lose 40 points (after a 5 game win streak).

Sigh.....thank you overwatch community.

jviggy43

Having to adjust to three characters to one, doesn't really make it work.

Pharah needs a rework still, can't imagine how annoying she is on consoles with Ana and others not being as good.

First game of the day. 0-2 in the first rounds stuck as a healer. 2-1 in the next three as a DPS. Cleaned up as Pharah on DPS the next two, but no one wanted to switch off as a healer for the 5th round.

You shouldn't have to go 3 characters to 1 true, but if its giving you that much of a problem thats the way to go. Your hit scan should be dealing with her fine in the first place lest they go pharmercy. I disagree about her needing a rework, there are plenty of ways to deal with her, and I ranked up mostly because I played hitscan and dealt with any pharas, on console no less.

Ramirez

People just seem to not care at all anymore in PS4 comp. Nothing but dumb comps all night. No Rein, but a Hanzo and Widow, or no healers, always something dumb. Meh.

Blues1990

who does blizzard have to pay rights to for a 'king kong aint got shit on me' voice line for winston?

They made a light reference to Donkey Kong in-game, so it wouldn't be out of the question to have a King Kong reference (so long as they don't use the name in question).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm going to record a montage of console players getting attacked by a Pharah and not moving their camera up to care.

Get ready.

People just seem to not care at all anymore in PS4 comp. Nothing but dumb comps all night. No Rein, but a Hanzo and Widow, or no healers, always something dumb. Meh.

I think you nailed the Blizz motto for this season on PS4- "Competitive Mode... always something dumb. Play Overwatch today!"

PeterGAF

Banned
You know what's unfair? For some reason today I was losing 50+ sr per loss. In one of those losses I had someone intentionally throwing. I lost like 3 or 4 games? Went from 2700 to under 2500. To get back to where I was at I'll have to win like 10 in a row, and that's if I'm lucky. I lost 3 or 4. That's fucking bullshit. How on earth is this even fair?

jviggy43

You know what's unfair? For some reason today I was losing 50+ sr per loss. In one of those losses I had someone intentionally throwing. I lost like 3 or 4 games? Went from 2700 to under 2500. To get back to where I was at I'll have to win like 10 in a row, and that's if I'm lucky. I lost 3 or 4. That's fucking bullshit. How on earth is this even fair?

This happened to me too. Lost 50 after winning 5 in a row, and it was due to half my team throwing cause they were pitching a tantrum over one bad round. If I were to guess the internal ranking is probably lower than where we were so it thought we desrved to be dropped that much.

JHall

When you're losing that much, you need to stop playing. You'll become tilted and angry which will make your gameplay suffer causing you to make mistakes.

jviggy43

When you're losing that much, you need to stop playing. You'll become tilted and angry which will make your gameplay suffer causing you to make mistakes.

Yep. I have a strict 2-3 loss and I'm done policy. Nothing good has ever come from me pushing on when I'm having that bad of a session.

maomaoIYP

We had a comfy win on Gibraltar and the Mei on our team decides to throw the match. I don't fucking understand.

edit: I know Blizz said they're working on it, but how long more do console players need to wait in order to report assholes like this?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I actually get less angry the more I lose. Over 3000 SR, losses are annoying since I can just feel myself or my team getting barely outplayed (damn, I could have beat that guy!!!) but the more SR I lose, the more it gets into meme territory where people just have terrible ult management or refuse to swap heroes or leave games or whatever.

Oh well whenever this happens I just solo carry myself back to 3k with Zarya.

edit: I know Blizz said they're working on it, but how long more do console players need to wait in order to report assholes like this?

Hopefully never, I don't want to be punished for my salt throws ( ≖‿≖)

komaruR

GGs, I wish I could figure out why I'm so bad with Genji.

you just needed a monkey to help but i gotta go healer for the team. else i would gone monkey to help distract them.
hope you didnt get frustrated on the some of the lost since my qp only friends aren't quite good at team sync/play. so usually if the other team is organize, its hard for them to understand how to group/attack point.

Thread is slooow today. Where is everyone?

f5.jpg

From the matches I watched, you were doing okay as Ana. You need to work on her Sleep Darts cuz I saw you were missing them a lot and also the Nano needs to be used more. Since you use a mic, probably need to coordinate with whoever you wanna Nano.

What's your sensitivity and aim smoothing with her?

Sleep darts are hard. I was landing the ones that count. Practice makes perfect tho and soon I'll be landing em all..

Nano needs to go out more I agree and I have been for the most part that weren't on the streams.

I think I'm at 45/40 smoothing should be at 50.

Danj

Anyone around on PC for some comp? I'm in the 1700s 1600s but just had like 3 straight losses with the same guy playing Hanzo and refusing to switch to a second tank.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
41 elims 5 gold medals on route 66. simply epic.

I hate using Zarya but she has to be the easiest character to solo carry as.

Fugu

My SR gains continue to be fucked up.

I'm at 38xx (PC) and I mostly play Pharah. I'm somewhere in Overbuff's top 500 and my win rate on her is just under 60%. When I win as Pharah, I've calculated my average gain at 19SR. My average loss is just north of 25. I'm also a pretty good Mei, but I usually only get around 22 for a win on her.

When I play as Ana? My average gain is 38. Mercy? 32. My win rate on supports is almost exactly 50%. I'm pretty good at Mercy and Ana but not as good as I am on Pharah, but it seems like I should be playing support anyway because the game just throws SR at me when I do.

Case in point: I just won four consecutive games. Three were on Pharah; for those wins I received 20, 19 and 19. One game was on Ana. That game I got 39. I could win half the games and still come ahead one SR.

So there's a glitch on PS4 involving Sym and Torbjorn that makes her teleporter near invisible. So if you ever see this combo in a party, keep an eye out.

So there's a glitch on PS4 involving Sym and Torbjorn that makes her teleporter near invisible. So if you ever see this combo in a party, keep an eye out.

Surprised this is still a thing.

Torb is not related with this bug, you can put an invincible teleporter with sym (without the "blue door", only the base appears).

Surprised this is still a thing.

Torb is not related with this bug, you can put an invincible teleporter with sym (without the "blue door", only the base appears).
Ah this was my first time encountering it. I assumed it had to do with Torb since he kept putting turrets on top of the teleporter to like glitch it out or something. How long has this been in the game?

41 elims 5 gold medals on route 66. simply epic.

I hate using Zarya but she has to be the easiest character to solo carry as.

What, man using Zarya feels so fucking amazing for me.

>your rein gets charged because he's dumb, he would have died but a bubble denies all the dmg and instantly puts you at high energy to give the follow up to kill him.

Zarya's good bubbles turns fights easily, just like a good sleep dart from Ana, saving team shield for the right moment instead of just burning it randomly is what makes her so good. You know this since you carry with her but you don't think it feels awesome when you do it? Saving teammates and then doing 100 dmg per alternate fire or just melting people is so cool.

As an aside, opening boxes outside of an event feels so uneventful lol. As someone that started playing during the last event (but follows everything overwatch since the beginning) it feels ( ._.)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What, man using Zarya feels so fucking amazing for me.

>your rein gets charged because he's dumb, he would have died but a bubble denies all the dmg and instantly puts you at high energy to give the follow up to kill him.

Zarya's good bubbles turns fights easily, just like a good sleep dart from Ana, saving team shield for the right moment instead of just burning it randomly is what makes her so good. You know this since you carry with her but you don't think it feels awesome when you do it? Saving teammates and then doing 100 dmg per alternate fire or just melting people is so cool.

As an aside, opening boxes outside of an event feels so uneventful lol. As someone that started playing during the last event (but follows everything overwatch since the beginning) it feels ( ._.)

I hate using her because I hate fighting her so I feel like a dirty self traitor :(

Top Bottom