• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

HiiiLife

The game should automatically switch you off a character if you're being useless after a few lives. "We noticed you haven't been getting picks even with your scatter arrows, you are now a healer"

KiraFA37

So PC inhouse at 5-6PM EST today right? Aka 23.00 CEST, might join for an hour or two.
This is also the official reminder for everybody else, come join!

Was thinking about picking this up (haven't played it since the open Beta) but Blizzard's digital price of £45 is a bit much. It's about a tenner cheaper if I buy it physical from a store but then there's postage and the waiting.

Anyone know if Blizz ever put this game on sale? (as they seem to be the only digital seller and I'm not sure if I'd trust someone like CDKeys).

Was thinking about picking this up (haven't played it since the open Beta) but Blizzard's digital price of £45 is a bit much. It's about a tenner cheaper if I buy it physical from a store but then there's postage and the waiting.

Anyone know if Blizz ever put this game on sale? (as they seem to be the only digital seller and I'm not sure if I'd trust someone like CDKeys).

I think it was on sale not long back but can't remember exactly when. With that said CDKeys are a legit site and you should have no issues buying from them. Bought a lot of games from them and never had issues.

Shantom

It's £30 direct from Blizzard if you get the standard edition.

Maybe wait until later this month and see if they put it on sale for its anniversary?

What's the diff between that and origins?
Skins.

jviggy43

She's not. You just need to know her strengths, weaknesses, and have a competent healer if it's a map without conveniently placed large health packs.

Having a character that needs to be baby sat by a healer isn't really a good sign that this character is a good one. She is easily the worst tank character in the game right now, almost everyone offers you far more utility than Orisa as a tank hero.

Having a character that needs to be baby sat by a healer isn't really a good sign that this character is a good one. She is easily the worst tank character in the game right now, almost everyone offers you far more utility than Orisa as a tank hero.
She doesn't need to be babysat by a healer if they both know how to play their roles. Orisa is underrated, and will improve even more if that shield change gets implemented.

She doesn't need to be babysat by a healer if they both know how to play their roles. Orisa is underrated, and will improve even more if that shield change gets implemented.

You mean she'll get even less play because her shield is almost entirely pointless and her best role is ironically as an off-tank because her weapon is good at shredding tanks. That damage nerf is killing Orisa's chance of being meta.

jviggy43

Why? Rein still has a better shield, that can be mobile, and provides a lot more use on both defense and offense. She gets shredded up close by any single dps, and I don't think her mini grav + defense boost + Ult is anything worthwhile over what the other tanks already bring to the table. Every character is viable in this game, but I'm not concerned with whether or not under certain circumstances a character can work. I evaluate heroes based on their net utility, and shes very clearly lacking in almost every situation comparatively to the other tanks in the game.

You mean she'll get even less play because her shield is almost entirely pointless and her best role is ironically as an off-tank because her weapon is good at shredding tanks. That damage nerf is killing Orisa's chance of being meta.
Explain how her shield is pointless. And not everything is balanced around the current competitive meta, if that's what you're basing your post off.
Every character is viable in this game
Exactly my point. The other things you mentioned are arguable to varying degrees of effectiveness, like you saying you're not concerned with a character's specific situations they can be good, which is quite a significant thing to not be concerned with imo.

There's also the individual player's skill and being comfortable with certain characters. Just because someone picks Orisa doesn't mean they should just be Rein because he's better; what if that specific player's Orisa is much better than their Rein and provides more for the team than their other tanks could? Tons of things not being considered here.

You said it yourself, every character in this game is viable, so for anyone to say she's shit is grossly disingenuous.

jviggy43

Explain how her shield is pointless, and not everything is balanced around the current competitive meta.

Exactly my point. The other things you mentioned are arguable to varying degrees of effectiveness, like you saying you're not concerned with a character's specific situations a character can be good which is quite a significant thing to not be concerned with imo.

There's also the individual player's skill and being comfortable with certain characters. Just because someone picks Orisa doesn't mean they should just be Rein because he's better; what if that specific player's Orisa is much better than their Rein and provides more for the team than their other tanks could? Tons of things not being considered here.

You said it yourself, every character in this game is viable, so for anyone to say she's shit is grossly disingenuous.

All things being equal is the key point. I wouldn't evaluate a character based upon a player's skill level with them, thats where it gets subjective. I evaluate a hero based upon their skills and abilities in every situation provided everything is operating at the highest level. Thats how most character ranks in games work, otherwise whats the point of rankings at all? If were going to evaluate a character based upon a players skill with them relative to other heroes, then the argument/ranking just boils down to skill as a player and not skill as a hero (two totally different metrics). I could care less about whether someone is good with that character, thats not why I'm saying Orisa isn't good. I care about, if every character is being played to their full potential, what does she do to warrant a pick over the other heroes in her class, which is little to nothing as it currently stands.

MCD

Thanks Blizzard for finally restocking the figure back:

TjUUNGs.jpg

Bonus mug:

Is it? There was nothing in the bug fixes section of the patch notes!
This bug have been there for before the uprising event and already escaped a lot of patches.
I am not completely sure, honestly. I heard about it here actually. But there a lot of fixes in the ptr not in the patch notes.

Dekutulla

Me: "Alright we got a nice hold on the last point, we just gotta do good on offense"

Some guy: "Please tell me more about the game"

Some other guy: *Plays Hanzo all round because mercy switched to Ana*

Top Bottom