• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
zen skin pls blizz
tumblr_opkeolufZI1rvzrpxo1_1280.png

i'll play your stupid moba

I just had a Mercy who called out "I need Healing." to my Zen and then hid somewhere, every time she took damage. I would look at her (through walls, every time) and she was never less than half health, with no apparent harassers on her.

I'm not mad or anything, I have just literally never had that happen before. I was bewildered. My first instinct was she was being salty, but I had Gold healing and we moved the payload at a decent rate the whole time for an easy-ish win.

How the mind of a Mercy works is god's own little mystery.

Roubjon

I've played the game for a year on PS4 and still don't have anyone on my friends list. I think it's because it stresses me out when I'm part of a team. I don't want to be the person who makes the mistake and loses and then everyone is pissed. I'd rather just solo queue my way to Grand Master.

Didn't think it was possible but hey I actually got to Master with my alt account. Stopped playing the game for all of April because of Persona 5, but since finishing that and being in between other single player games, I've just gone back to Overwatch with no real intent to rank up, thinking Diamond was my ceiling.

It was, but only as DPS. I got to Diamond from placing in Platinum by insta-locking Pharah or Soldier. It just so happens that on PS4, most of the Diamond DPS mains are just better at aiming than I am. So I focused solely on playing Support, picking Lucio, Zen, and Mercy most of the time. Got really good with them, too.

I honestly don't see myself getting to Grandmaster or top 500, and I really need to play new games now, but I think I'll still play a couple of matches every day just to see how far I can really go.

I think the only other PS4 Asia region player here is me.

I'm the other other PS4 Asia region player. My main account is actually in mid Plat so we could still queue up if you want!

Owzers

Those two losses were so bad that I had to play one soloq before going to bed because I knew that it couldn't be worse than that lol

It went well fortunately, Pharah on attack and S76 on defense for a easy win.

Batman was really good as D.Va on route 66, that DM saved my life at least two times. At least we won that game.
Your support days are over.

Danj

Other than switching my Blizzard App region to America, is there any way for me to be able to see the online status of my NA friends as well as my EU friends?

Shout out to all the Hanzo/Widow pairs in QM tonight. Sure we lost every match with it, and that Winston was killing both of you before you could even get in position. And neither of you had the accuracy to kill a single Phara.

But you stuck to your guns and didn't change. And that...takes...courage.

*Cries loudly*

_Legacy_

Damn, I lost three and only won once last night with my group. We couldn't defend for shit. Two of the games we lost should have been wins but we got wiped on defense in the first 60 seconds. Not good enough, just a bad I guess because we're all better than that.

I just had a Mercy who called out "I need Healing." to my Zen and then hid somewhere, every time she took damage. I would look at her (through walls, every time) and she was never less than half health, with no apparent harassers on her.

I'm not mad or anything, I have just literally never had that happen before. I was bewildered. My first instinct was she was being salty, but I had Gold healing and we moved the payload at a decent rate the whole time for an easy-ish win.

How the mind of a Mercy works is god's own little mystery.
If you're outhealing Mercy, then that player's trash. Plain and simple.

Can't you see it in the friends app that pops out of the Blizzard app? I'm not talking in game but that icon at the top right corner of the Blizzard app.

Only in the region you logged into. If you log into the European battle.net, you will only see friends you added on your European account, but not the ones from other regions.

I feel like this game is getting more trolls/throwers every week. Maybe it's lower diamond (3000-3200) but man does it take out the fun in this game. I don't even care of the ranks I just want to have fun with a team who works together.

Cappa

Banned
I'm losing less solo q than with ps4 gaf lol

And really because none of you guys are on the hours I'm on or at least not playing ow

Inhouse GAF was fun, as always. Two things though:

- I kept getting disconnected (about once a round)
- My 1 month old modmic just stopped working entirely and without warning so when I was trying to let you know I was actually just talking to myself. I can think of a couple of instances where we probably lost the point as a consequence.

Sorry about that. I don't know why I keep getting kicked out of games since the last patch...

I've figured out a Mercy buff that doesnt involve better healing.

A big warning on the HUD that says "DONT FUCKING DIE WHEN YOU HAVE RES DURING A BIG TEAM FIGHT DUMBASS".

Today, I begin a three month long stay in Korea. By the time I get back I imagine I will be so bad at this game I'll be able to finally queue with some of you guys. :p

But seriously though, after three months away from Overwatch I imagine I'll be hot garbage. RIP the GM dream.

Remember when McCree could pocket his ult and keep 50%, so it was 9/10 used for zoning, instead of 7/10 used for getting ganked while defenseless?

Remember when my personal life didn't get in the way and I could actually play this game instead of watching streams of it randomly?

LiK

Remember when McCree could pocket his ult and keep 50%, so it was 9/10 used for zoning, instead of 7/10 used for getting ganked while defenseless?

Remember when my personal life didn't get in the way and I could actually play this game instead of watching streams of it randomly?

I remember when people had mains and won matches.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hit close to my max again last night before losing.

Some interesting games. I feel a bit miffed the last few games. Team literally wanted nothing but a Mercy and lost(Blaming the healers for not switching). Not the fact that tank kept recklessly charging forward or our DPS had issues getting picks. Most picks were me sleeping their Lucio jumping behind or a sleep where Roadhog can bring back. Had 25 sleeps that game. MVP comes out, and guess who is on it? Both our healers, with the other team's DPS.

Following games, had a player on our team talking shit to the other team. Pharah ain't magically falling out of the sky when she gets the jump on you again soldier. Bitch got slept. Nor are you at full health running straight towards the enemies' ult soldier and he is magically losing health. >_>

All this work and no respect.

I quit out of a comp game in frustration yesterday. Time to put down the game for a little while.

Dropping from high plat to gold ive seen a monstrous drop in game quality. Think I'm done with this season.

PS4 GAFs heart just isn't in it anymore.

I love this game but I'm just burnt out at this point, and it doesn't get easier as we get closer to season end where people just play like idiots. I played 3 games yesterday (my friend insisted on OW, I wanted rocket league, he won that argument), 2 of them were great games, great communication and games were fairly close. For awhile it felt like I could play at least 3-4 more games, but then we get to the 3rd game... absolutely the least fun I had this weekend (no hyperbole and it was only 20 minutes of my time!). All I could think to myself was "Now I remember why I don't regularly play this on a daily basis anymore", that game was enough for us to go to get off and play some rocket league.

LiK

I love this game but I'm just burnt out at this point, and it doesn't get easier as we get closer to season end where people just play like idiots. I played 3 games yesterday (my friend insisted on OW, I wanted rocket league, he won that argument), 2 of them were great games, great communication and games were fairly close. For awhile it felt like I could play at least 3-4 more games, but then we get to the 3rd game... absolutely the least fun I had this weekend (no hyperbole and it was only 20 minutes of my time!). All I could think to myself was "Now I remember why I don't regularly play this on a daily basis anymore", that game was enough for us to go to get off and play some rocket league.

People don't seem to want to do this anymore but I still think a full stack with people playing their mains is what works. But people want to experiment and dick around in Comp now so you get unpredictable team comps and games where you can go from stomping to being stomped. I find that type of play too frustrating to deal with.

Owzers

I miss winning, feels like it was years ago when Cappa/Pinku/me went 8-1 or when I got to diamond with Gaf on a good streak. i should have never become a Reaper main.

komaruR

I like how it was at the start of the season too. Randoms dont mess around.
I was interested in joining but I didn't hear anything about it on Saturday so I assumed it was cancelled.
you have pc and ps4. Join either one. Be active in discord since you in there too. We just had a pc inhouse yesterday too.
I woulda been on the ps4 too if it wasn't cancel

AbaFadi

Banned
you have pc and ps4. Join either one. Be active in discord since you in there too. We just had a pc inhouse yesterday too.
I woulda been on the ps4 too if it wasn't cancel

I don't really have much access to a pc at the moment so it's hard to make those games.

Veelk

Banned
I feel I would be a lot less 'burnt out' if I wasn't in a constant state of anxiety of my ranking dropping more. I know I shouldn't care, but I kind of have to because being in lower rankings means your games are going to be a lot worse due to leavers and bad players. I'm slowly climbing right now, but I basically have a hard rule that if I lose my first game, I quit for the rest of the night. And if I win the first game, then 1 loss is acceptable, but if there are 2 losses, the game gets shut off regardless of the circumstances. Assuming I win atleast 2 games, this means my rank never goes down. Problem is that it's a very cautious and slow way to play.

I really just want to be back in the mid platinum zone where players are mostly competent while having relative ease about the game.

Top Bottom