• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Plesiades

Can the HOTS and Overwatch skin designers just swap roles already? I don't care for HOTS but man do I love what they do with the character skins there.

heroes-stitches-bikini-skin.jpg

pls no

Veelk

Banned
Ended at being brought down to 2200 yet again. A full 100 SR. 2 of my losses were what I view as legitimate. The other 4 were not. And the 3 wins I got were all hard fought.

When you get good games, then the game is still fantastic. It's still something I really enjoy playing.

But it's just unfair that your ranking is determined by so many factors outside your control.

I love his red Islander skin, and Bajie is one of the best skins in the game.
If you like him as a goofy character, then yeah, they work. But I want more serious costumes for him.

IMO, some characters have no good costumes at all:
Mcree (Blackwatch is okay)
Solder
Tracer
Widowmaker
Mei
Torb
Hanzo (lol)
Bastion
Winston
Zarya
Symmetra

Others have SO MANY good costumes I wish I could put them on rotation:
Reaper
D.va (I still want a full-on Robocop outfit)
Reinhardt
Ana (every mask is awesome)
Mercy
Zenyatta

Everyone else has a good costume or two. Looking at my list, I think they've actually done a rather poor job making interesting costumes in this game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It's all personal opinion anyway. Saying "every skin for every character is great" and "every skin for every character is siht" and everything in between is meaningless.

Except for Zarya who objectively has the worst selection.

Calling a Maui tribute skin 'goofy' is pretty disrespectful
Do you mean Maori? lol

It's all personal opinion anyway. Saying "every skin for every character is great" and "every skin for every character is siht" and everything in between is meaningless.

Except for Zarya who objectively has the worst selection.
Yeah, I'm definitely speaking from my own preferences as an edgelord.

You'll have to give me images, because this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mau...i-LTAhVU9mMKHXJ0B50Q_AUIBigB&biw=1536&bih=769

Doesn't show anything like Roadhog's alt.

While this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mau...&biw=1536&bih=769#tbm=isch&q=maori+tribe+mask

Seems pretty relevant to it.

Either way, saying a video game alt looks goofy isn't an insult to an entire culture. That's just silly and lacking context.

it's nice to get mail like this
C_XK8-dVYAAvcyQ.jpg:small

I also got my game over trophy a few nights ago
Play of the game

Edit:
Waifuhog?
http://anoncraft.com/wallpaper/hd/54/roadhog-girl-version-overwatch-(5431)-728x410.jpg

Roadhog actually has some of the worst costumes in the game despite having a ton of potential. All of this "islander" crap sucks - where's the focus on post-apocalyptic costumes? Give me this as a Roadhog alt any day:
I saw this on the overwatch sub reddit today
Blackhardt Roadhog
tumblr_opleps1aI01skoy7ho5_1280.png

Foxxsoxx

I have had some awful matches tonight in comp. Dropped to 3200 from 3300 over the course of 9 matches. 8 of which were losses from some of the absolute worst teams I have ever had the displeasure of playing with.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I have had some awful matches tonight in comp. Dropped to 3200 from 3300 over the course of 9 matches. 8 of which were losses from some of the absolute worst teams I have ever had the displeasure of playing with.

Wat. Are people here seriously complaining about losing 8 games and only losing 100 SR lol.

LiK

Wait, you only lost 100 SR from 8 matches? That new SR system working its magic.

MG310

Jesus...don't think I've ever seen the point less than this Lijiang I just had. Tracer killed my Zen and then Roadhog on nearly every life. 3 stack of Diamond Tracer, Mei and a Platinum Mercy on the other team.

Fugu

Last week I lost 17 out of 20 games, dropped out of master and went as low as 3300. I just logged off today at 3878.

There are ebbs and flows. You've just got to stay calm and keep at it.

Edit: And for what it's worth, I started the season at 2450 after getting demolished in my placements.

Veelk

Banned
I almost didn't play another game, but I wanted to bring my SR up. First two rounds on Lijiang Tower, we got stomped and I was worried I'd have to eat crow yet again.

But then you get that reverse sweep and I remember why I can't quit this game.

Why can't ALL my matches be like this?

Yager

Banned
Man a good Pharamercy on Ilios is a pain in the ass on consoles, and when I say a pain in the ass I mean he can wreck everything and carry the game by herself. We had Zen applying orbs every time, soldier, mcree, dva...it didn't matter. That combo moved like hell between columns and rekt our asses.

I can't wait for the nerf on soldier. Console is going to be fun T_T

(tbf most of the times my team plays Pharamercy we wreck shit too).

BTW Legacy, I was pretty tired after supper and didn't come back. Today I'll be around at 20-21 if you want to play some more comp. Yesterday was not that bad, though we should've won that Anubis match that ended in a tie :/

Blues1990

Man a good Pharamercy on Ilios is a pain in the ass on consoles, and when I say a pain in the ass I mean he can wreck everything and carry the game by herself. We had Zen applying orbs every time, soldier, mcree, dva...it didn't matter. That combo moved like hell between columns and rekt our asses.

BTW Legacy, I was pretty tired after supper and didn't come back. Today I'll be around at 20-21 if you want to play some more comp. Yesterday was not that bad, though we should've won that Anubis match that ended in a tie :/

You think they would nerf Mercy and Pharah on Console, not her counters.

Cappa

Banned
I thought we had some good comp games even as a 6 stack.

That last game on volskaya was bad and I logged off because it was late already here lol.

I probably shouldn't have gone Symmetra on defense and stuck with soldier since I was pretty much having some great games with him Oh well.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
They could just rebuff Torbjorn on console or, for a bigger change, reduce Pharah splash radius. If she's getting direct hits constantly then let her get the kill but atm it's considerably easy to just splash you to death sloppy than it is for you to hit her out of the air.

MG310

11-8 on the night. Ended on a bad note with 3 losses - Anubis (with a leaver on our team), King's Row (whole team got savaged by a Tracer again) and a Dorado where we at least put up a fight but couldn't make the last turn to the 2nd checkpoint.

Cappa

Banned
Those were actually some of the best dps games I've had in awhile. I had the gold medals you'd want for your dps (eliminate, obj kills, damage) etc.

I remember was it Gibraltar when I went bastion and at the end ruler asked who had gold damage since he had 18k or something? I had 24+k lol.

Kind of karma though that next map we got owned by a bastion. That team was just set up very well for our composition. Soldier was set up in the middle picking off Pharah. Bastion completely pocketed. Symmetra guarding the left area.

Don't think they were better but for sure their positioning shit all over ours.

I don't like playing dps as much as I do other roles but I think I can contribute more in our stacks as dps. I mean I don't remember the last time I finished positive in a gaf 6 stack lol

Also I'd rather have zen/mercy/Lucio as our healers instead of Ana because I just don't think there is anyone remotely skilled enough in our group to maximize her skill set. It'd be great if pooh gets there but I don't see that happening playing with a controller. Idk.

_Legacy_

Man, that Pharamercy was super annoying. Literally carried their team, if only we could shut her down. Funny that the one map she was least effective on Illios, we won!

No worries, I switched games anyway! We ended up 2-1-1 so still a positive session overall. Yes we should have won on Anubis but that's how it goes sometimes, better taking a draw than a loss. Yeah I'll definitely be on today around then.

Acidote

Played Ana for a couple of hours yesterday. I heard this every single game:

I need healing. I need healing. I need healing.

By the third game I started healing everyone but Gengus.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The inability for people on console to look either up or behind them or above & behind them is astonishing.

"Maybe that McCree who keeps flanking & high nooning us won't do it for the 4th time this round, no need to look out for it lmao XD" - Entire, brain damaged PS4 userbase, 2017

Played Ana for a couple of hours yesterday. I heard this every single game:

I need healing. I need healing. I need healing.

By the third game I started healing everyone but Gengus.

I don't get it, it took people saying "I need healing" and multiple games for you to start healing as Ana? What were you doing before :v

Yager

Banned
Man, that Pharamercy was super annoying. Literally carried their team, if only we could shut her down. Funny that the one map she was least effective on Illios, we won!

No worries, I switched games anyway! We ended up 2-1-1 so still a positive session overall. Yes we should have won on Anubis but that's how it goes sometimes, better taking a draw than a loss. Yeah I'll definitely be on today around then.

We even had a Hanzo who is super useful against Pharamercy. oh wait...

Blizzard needs to do something to nerf that combo on consoles. Not make it useless, but something so it isn't such a pain in the ass.

Acidote

I don't get it, it took people saying "I need healing" and multiple games for you to start healing as Ana? What were you doing before :v

I was healing everyone. But there was a different gengu in every game spamming I need healing. It was hell yesterday. I don't know what happened.

Top Bottom