• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Cappa

Banned
I need to play more Torb, Orisa, and Reaper ( for at least a minute), we had a mostly good record those three games especially if our dive comp could have taken point a hanamura to keep my pro Torb defense from getting a draw.

I'll be on tonight when Cappa goes to sleep and a spot opens up.
I see how it is

JHall

I'm convinced the grind from 2500 to 3500 is pure RNG. There's only so much you can do by yourself. The amount of randomness in these competitive games outweigh any contribution you make. The only exception is if you hard carry on a DPS. That said I think playing the meta is useless until you're in Masters. Most people under 3000 will be better off playing their best character.

You're going to get shitty teammates no matter what rank you're at.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Getting yelled at by a Mercy for not protecting her.

See her ass cowering in a corner while Winston just walks right up to her, rather than following the team in. Always running away the second she takes damage in the opposite direction. Or healing her partner in queue.

Goes pharah to hopefully give her an option to escape Genji and Winston

Never gets a heal and see her ass running back to base on every death I get.

Has ult, but running back to base.... again after has deaths.

Quite possibly the most useless Mercy I've played with. You want protection, running in the opposite direction. You don't heal half the team. And you have the map awareness skills of a goldfish. I can't help stupid. If you won't heal Winston, I can't protect you. If you don't fly up to Pharah to avoid damage. I can't save you. If you don't come in, we can't get the point and running in the opposite direction means you are now alone with Winston or Genji.

LiK

Getting yelled at by a Mercy for not protecting her.

See her ass cowering in a corner while Winston just walks right up to her, rather than following the team in. Always running away the second she takes damage. Or healing her partner in queue.

Goes pharah to hopefully give her an option to escape Genji and Winston

Never gets a heal and see her ass running back to base on every death I get.

Has ult, but running back to base.... again after has deaths.

Quite possibly the most useless Mercy I've played with. You want protection, running in the opposite direction. You don't heal half the team. And you have the map awareness skills of a goldfish.

There are the types of rants I enjoy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
There are the types of rants I enjoy.
You're welcome.

I changed up who I was playing, gave her options, shields, and regardless of what I did. If she took any damage. Her first instinct was to run back.... You can't help stupid.

X-Frame

If you like him as a goofy character, then yeah, they work. But I want more serious costumes for him.

IMO, some characters have no good costumes at all:
Mcree (Blackwatch is okay)
Solder
Tracer
Widowmaker
Mei
Torb
Hanzo (lol)
Bastion
Winston
Zarya
Symmetra

Others have SO MANY good costumes I wish I could put them on rotation:
Reaper
D.va (I still want a full-on Robocop outfit)
Reinhardt
Ana (every mask is awesome)
Mercy
Zenyatta

Everyone else has a good costume or two. Looking at my list, I think they've actually done a rather poor job making interesting costumes in this game.

I am in the most need of another good Zarya Legendary. I liked her Olympic skins with the blonde ponytail, and wish her Siberian skins removed those terrible goggles.

No one posted the results of the Overwatch World Cup committees yet? Guess I'll give the news here.

For those too lazy to click, USA is...
- Jason Kaplan (Not Jeff)
- KyKy
- Ster

Hows the 6stack working in comp these days? Or small stack still better? Or you guys just qp'ing?

I feel like our success in comp with a 6 stack is dependent on the mode we get. Could just be me, but I feel like we struggle to get past Draws on 2CP as a 6 stack, KOTHs are swingy, but we're more successful at payload maps.

Honestly I just want to play payload maps again. Feels like I've been stuck in KOTH-2CP Hell for a while in both QP and Comp. I think I've played on Eichenwalde with the first point change once.

Thewonandonly

Man I have just found the love for wonton. Use to thing he is utter shit but being higher up the ladder I see his beauty :) anyway I can do preety good getting mostly silvers.

But I would love some tips since I just started playing him like two days ago :)

LiK

Man I have just found the love for wonton. Use to thing he is utter shit but being higher up the ladder I see his beauty :) anyway I can do preety good getting mostly silvers.

But I would love some tips since I just started playing him like two days ago :)

Wonton is delicious

Assuming you meant Winston (lol wonton), medals don't matter that much because he gets a ridiculous amount of assists due to the spread on his tesla gun and his high mobility.

My biggest tip is to try and isolate important enemy heroes such as Ana with your jump and shield. In general, hopefully your team is following up on your jumps because if not than 90% of the time you'll just be feeding.

Mixed results, depends on if we have any Ana mains in the group.

Like I said. Group can't win without rezzes. Always out of position and feeding enemy team.

You guys need to get on my level.

I am honored tho that the teams success dies or lives depending on me.

Fugu

According to Overbuff('s PC stats)...

The character with the highest win rate in comp is Symmetra by a fair bit. This is true in every tier and gets more pronounced the higher you go up in rank. The second highest win rate belongs to Torb, and he also holds the #2 slot in every rank except bronze. Also in bronze, the only hero with a win rate above 50% is Sym.

Outside of M and GM, the bottom three win rate heroes are Sombra, Widow and Hanzo in differing orders. In M and GM, Bastion replaces Widow.

A few characters have drastic differences in win rate between GM and everything else. A few examples are Widow, Winston and Ana.

komaruR

Like I said. Group can't win without rezzes. Always out of position and feeding enemy team.

people need to be like me! stay alive longer and die right after rez went off!
J9H6Fz3.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
According to Overbuff('s PC stats)...

The character with the highest win rate in comp is Symmetra by a fair bit. This is true in every tier and gets more pronounced the higher you go up in rank. The second highest win rate belongs to Torb, and he also holds the #2 slot in every rank except bronze. Also in bronze, the only hero with a win rate above 50% is Sym.

Outside of M and GM, the bottom three win rate heroes are Sombra, Widow and Hanzo in differing orders. In M and GM, Bastion replaces Widow.

A few characters have drastic differences in win rate between GM and everything else. A few examples are Widow, Winston and Ana.

I would assume this, because lots of people play Torb or Sym on the first point. If they hold, win. If they don't, they switch.

Owzers

I try to get to your level, that's why I go Reaper.

Trump fired comey, I can fire Ned!

Man the torb armor + symmetra shield combo is real. Everyone invincible.

It's kind of crazy how difficult it is to adapt to this strat. I had a Symm/Torb defense match where I don't think any of us noticed or missed the lack of a healer. And it's not like the offense was awful or anything--they had several very solid group pushes that ended with no progress because of their inability to take us down.

I feel like there's a nerf in Symmetra's future. The moment a shield generator goes down the entire game changes. If you're not diving to destroy it immediately, every action becomes that much harder. And then say you do destroy it, there's a solid two minute window where it's gone, if that. There's no other ult in the game with such a dramatic and permanent change to the flow of gameplay.

I love wonton, too.

But seriously, the thing with him is to know when to pick him. If there's some snipers or a lot of shields he's likely in a good spot, but Reaper or other high damage heroes (Bastion, or even Torb) can shut him down easily, or distract him to the point that his usefulness is diminished. He's very powerful provided he can out-tank his opponent, but without that he's a giant punching bag.

Nerf South Korea. Buff the rest of the world.

France has a chance! Maybe!

Aww I was really rooting for ZP :(

None of my picks of ZP, Flame, and Monte got picked RIP.

That said Kaplan is a pretty good caster and should be fine, KyKy has been playing pro forever and could be good at selecting the best talent, and Ster was the one most vocal about the problems when he played in the last world cup. Hopefully Ster can help avoid that happening again.

Worst case is that someone like KyKy focuses too much on first generation talent rather than a lot of the new talent than came up while he was in Korea.

I'll also put my preferred team out there, MESR - Seagull - Jake - GrimReality - Adam - Shake. I would also consider Harbleu, Gods, and the many other really good Ana / Zen players in NA Overwatch.

EDIT - I forgot that KyKy isn't an active player right now and is actually the coach for EnVyUs. That's probably better for the committee to be honest.

Genji mains are usually assholes
Played a Comp game on Hollywood earlier with a friend who is placed in Gold. The only one not in team chat was the Genji main. Whole round was spent by him saying "I need healing" and "Understood". After we failed to even get on tick, he spams again and picks Bastion on defense, goes right up the enemy spawn, dies, and spams some more. We somehow managed to pull out a Draw anyway.

Top Bottom