• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

KLoWn

That's because they're saving the REAL skin everyone wants for later!

metal_gear_d_va_by_shamserg-da4c5i6.png

....blizzard, pls
It'll be fun to see when HotS get that too, and we get post delivery D'va or some other crap like that.

LAM09

Comp on Ps4 is a mistake. Complete dumpster fire. Something must be done about the matchmaking and I have no clue how they fix it. There is a huge misalignment of incentives on blizzard's end and individual players. I swing wildly in comp SR and I feel that it is completely out of my control and is based primarily on luck.

It seems to have gotten worse. Played a number of games last week where I've been paired with unranked players.

komaruR

Yeah avoid would be a much better option imo, report is harder because for example you can't really report some player just because he played widow during the whole game, technically nothing is wrong with that. But I sure as hell would use the avoid option on him lol

Owzers actually landed some pins that day. It's all decided by that, he's the one that decides our fate when he clicks the charge button.

Speaking of avoiding players, Blizzard REALLY needs to get their shit together and make a report player function on console.

Last night I had a game where we lost the first point on Lijiang with only one healer for the whole round. I was telling someone to switch but it wasn't happening. I was the only tank so I couldn't do it either. I figured that solo healing with Mercy wasn't the worst team comp, so I let it slide. This other guy on my team starting getting really tilted and was calling everyone out. The round ends and he decides he's gonna throw the rest of the game, so he switches to Mei and continually Ice Wall's the spawn door. He wouldn't leave until like 10 minutes later when the entire game was almost over, and no one else wanted to leave and get penalized for it. It was probably the most vocally angry in team chat I have ever been, but he eventually turned his mic off and no one else had their mics on either.

It was quite obvious he was a smurf too, his name was something like C9 Surefour, which is kinda funny to be honest.
the only thing about avoid player option is that people can abuse it for avoided top500 players. now if they add some kinda 10 report = trigger a admin to look at the player kinda thing, then i would rather suggest them adding a better report a player function instead.
they should let us report ingame, so that it does not go thru sony but bliz admin. this way the player only get punish in ow and not other console games.
also add the ability to attach like a 30sec clip to showcase the claim would be good too. ps4 and xbox got ability to record video. make use of it!

You can jump higher if you fire a rocket at the ground before jumping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpICZIgfei8

Don't know if you can do this on console, I tried on practice range and couldn't do it, but maybe it's just bad timing on my part. And yeah, pump the button.
did you immediately after shooting the rocket, you look forward (or up with pharah) with the camera angle?
seems like you can only rocket jump with soldier and zarya only if after you rocket the ground and simultaneously look forward while jumping will give you the rocket jump effect. rocket jump doesnt work for me if i stay looking at the ground even after i rocket and jump afterward.

Look. She's not on the level of my Mercy but I'm gonna get her there. I typically go Mercy on defense anyways when we play. Only thing is getting the healing up a bit.

I took a quick look at stats and I think Nuno is our only other Ana player... He has a win percentage of 26 vs my 35.

You have 26 minutes with Ana for a win percentage of 38 percent.

Being Mercy a lot there's some things PS4 GAF needs to work on as well. You guys find yourselves in precarious positions a lot. We need to work on call outs. I've been mum lately but I'm trying not to be. And yes you're right I need to do a better job of calling out a sleep ahead of time.

my pc ana skills is good and way better than my console (can't aim for shit because of no ally aim assist). Jellie can vouch for my pc ana!

I'm finally getting good at Roadhog again. Can't wait for the annoying aerial hook glitch to go to live when I've got muscle memory of immediately pointing downwards.

Comp on Ps4 is a mistake. Complete dumpster fire. Something must be done about the matchmaking and I have no clue how they fix it. There is a huge misalignment of incentives on blizzard's end and individual players. I swing wildly in comp SR and I feel that it is completely out of my control and is based primarily on luck.

Lulz I hear ya.

I'm down from 2749 to 1950 I think.
Every game the same 4 dps 1 tank 1 heal...

DEFEAT!

MG310

3 DPS on defense (McCree,Soldier,Sombra) and they got outkilled by me as Symmetra and Zarya. Of course they pick the same ones on offense too.

I made a smurf a few weeks ago but I'm quite lazy about ranking it up lol

That's what happened to me, it took me two seasons to rank it up to 25 because QP on a new account is a fucking disaster...

I would play with you if I still had the SR to play, but between decay and some nasty lose streaks I'm back to barely diamond :(

xaosslug

So HotS immediately gives D'Va the skin people have been asking for since the start of Overwatch, the Goliath skin... And Overwatch get some random garbage police skin. Just fuck....

D.Va's popular on OW, so they don't need to cater to the fanbase because peeps will play her regardless. I mean the police skin (garbage you may think it bees) is FAR superior and better thought than her Chinese New Year skin, which was... a hanok? Mess. Whatever. But Blizz leveraged it to get peeps to play HoTS instead.

they'll pull out Goliath D.Va skin: OW, for another damn Nexus challenge, probably. -___-

Bit more luck today. Winning record is nice, and some close losses.

Lucio is nutty. Insane to not have one every game.

I might be on later depending on how the night goes.

Gorillaz

There are definitely alot more people not giving a shit on ps4 comp. I think honestly it's reached that point like other console shooters where the community is dwindling and slowing down. This lasted longer then cod which usually falls off after the first DLC in the spring. I think the fact dlc is free helps and having big events and new character launches help too.

I'm expecting the year 1 boom to help out alot.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
There are definitely alot more people not giving a shit on ps4 comp. I think honestly it's reached that point like other console shooters where the community is dwindling and slowing down. This lasted longer then cod which usually falls off after the first DLC in the spring. I think the fact dlc is free helps and having big events and new character launches help too.

Wouldn't it be the opposite? Why would the people who have stuck with playing this long not give a shit in comp?

Roubjon

I definitely remember games at Master Level being more intense last season than they are now... Maybe I'm just too good LOL

Good games today for the most part, was really tired in the last ones, had to take a break.

On Ilios I probably had my best Pharah game in a while.

That was insane, so many barrage kills, only botched one ult :DDD

I used to play her with 70/70 with 100 aim assist, tried to up things to 100/100 with 95 aim assist and there's no going back, I can lead my shots much better. Guess I could try 90/90 (played a bit with those settings in that video) but I probably gonna stick with 100.

That's because they're saving the REAL skin everyone wants for later!

metal_gear_d_va_by_shamserg-da4c5i6.png

....blizzard, pls

Dude, that would be the best skin ever.

Gray Fox Genji would also be insane.

the only thing about avoid player option is that people can abuse it for avoided top500 players. now if they add some kinda 10 report = trigger a admin to look at the player kinda thing, then i would rather suggest them adding a better report a player function instead.

I gave a suggestion on a previous post, avoid player option should only affect your team, not the game. At least it would resolve that problem.

did you immediately after shooting the rocket, you look forward (or up with pharah) with the camera angle?
seems like you can only rocket jump with soldier and zarya only if after you rocket the ground and simultaneously look forward while jumping will give you the rocket jump effect. rocket jump doesnt work for me if i stay looking at the ground even after i rocket and jump afterward.

Nope, have to try that.

I made a smurf a few weeks ago but I'm quite lazy about ranking it up lol

Yeah it's boring af.

Just spend less time on event skins and lame PvE shit and give us more maps characters and game modes.

They can't put those on lootboxes :p

Uh gg? That last match was brutal

GGs, you are a beast man. Shame about the numbani game, you deserved that win more than anyone, you killed it as zarya.

Gorillaz

Wouldn't it be the opposite? Why would the people who have stuck with playing this long not give a shit in comp?
Alot of people that play now are more or less set in there ways at this point especially in going up the ladder. Having a diamond ensigma is enough for people nowadays. Yea some will try to reach top 500 but for the most part diamond is "good enough".

If you're outhealing Mercy, then that player's trash. Plain and simple.

I'm Gold Healing about a third of the time if there's a Mercy with me, it's not all that rare really. But I'm a Heal and Discord Zen, with DPS a distant runner-up. I have a pretty good feel for when someone is about to take traumatic damage, and get an Orb on them. But yeah, there are a shit-ton of ass Mercys out there.

Now Anas, they almost always out-heal me, unless we're running a Dive, in which case, why aren't you playing Lucio, Ana? Also why are you wearing that FREAKY AS FUCK Chinese New Year mask? It's more than us death-dealing Buddhist murder-bots can stand.

Can the HOTS and Overwatch skin designers just swap roles already? I don't care for HOTS but man do I love what they do with the character skins there.

Veelk

Banned
I know I need to stop breaking my own rule about not playing if I get more than 2 losses, but....it's just so unfair.

I've lost 5 games and won maybe 3 of them. But 4 of the ones I lost were due to leavers and one was because a two players were throwing. Meanwhile, all the games I won were hardfought battles won by inches.

Why? Why is it always fucking MY team?

Even playing with other gaffers doesn't fix this because you'll still be paired with rando's who will probably leave unless you six stack, but then you get matched up with teams outside your level.

How the fuck are you supposed to climb like this? It doesn't matter how much you abuse Soldier's OPness if it's 5v6. This is why Elo hell actually exists. When the majority of my match losses are due to bullshit, it's not a matter of just getting good and carrying.

And seriously, why is it always, always my team?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Did they leave with 2 seconds remaining or something? Are you honestly getting someone leaving in 80% of your games?

Top Bottom