• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

0NS6SJ9AFEYP1494370566594.png

Console master race?

A few things:

1. Sadly, I am not one of those 1% that beat Legendary, despite countless tries playing with randoms.
2. Finally am vindicated for thinking that Zen is a better pick than Mercy as a healer, majority of people I played with disagreed with me and wanted me to switch
3. Zen/Rein/Orisa/Bastion is the god comp just as I thought.

I was a decent Lucio for almost every match and the random Mercy's and Zen's opposite me were so bad that the wining formula ended up being our best DPS (Cappa) going Mercy. The downgrade at DPS was nothing compared to the upgrade at support. They were that bad.

Ned single handedly won a game with Zen carrying an atrocious Rein and Sombra.

I was a decent Lucio for almost every match and the random Mercy's and Zen's opposite me were so bad that the wining formula ended up being our best DPS (Cappa) going Mercy. The downgrade at DPS was nothing compared to the upgrade at support. They were that bad.

Ned single handedly won a game with Zen carrying an atrocious Rein and Sombra.

Much more than decent, that winrate is going up :)

Cappa is a mercy main now.

A few things:

1. Sadly, I am not one of those 1% that beat Legendary, despite countless tries playing with randoms.
2. Finally am vindicated for thinking that Zen is a better pick than Mercy as a healer, majority of people I played with disagreed with me and wanted me to switch
3. Zen/Rein/Orisa/Bastion is the god comp just as I thought.

Zenyatta + Bastion is incredibly powerful.

The punishment for leavers is fine (especially with how often the game screws up and punishes you when you didn't leave or even join).

What needs happen is the rest of the team (not grouped with leaver) is not punished by the inevitable loss.

This is one thing that Jeff has stated repeatedly will never, ever happen. Too many online games have tried this, and the result is the team bullying one victim (who maybe had a bad game, maybe had an off-meta pick, etc) to take the Leave Penalty to save the rest of the team's SR. And that goes against the very core of what they want for Overwatch.

When the healers look out for each other, it's a beautiful thing. Love having a Lucio that isn't diving behind enemy lines all the time and will boop people away from me or speed boost when needed. Or a Zen that will actually heal/protect me when I'm getting ganged up on. That's sorta rare for me though.

Annas are bros though. They always have my back.

Exactly this. As a Zen, I prefer a Lucio for gameplay synergy, but Anas always ALWAYS have my back (mainly because I Orb them coming out of spawn immediately to get the "You watch my back, I'll watch yours." idea going). Grandma is my hero, and she has candy!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly wish the game would kick you off Genji if the enemy teams Mercy hits rez a certain amount of times without you killing her

MG310

Maybe I'll just wait a few minutes so I don't keep getting stuck with this Hanzo who as far as I can tell from glancing at the feed keeps getting maybe 5 kills and multiple ults that miss everyone.

Also I kinda got forced into playing Mercy after we lost the first part of King's Row defense - we already had a Zen - and I have no idea what I'm doing with her.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I haven't got a legendary skin through a loot box since who knows when but I finally earned enough credits to buy widowmaker's white bird outfit. Today was a good day.

hypernima

Banned
When will Hanzo mains learn that they are never going to be the next Seagull or Wraxu, just give up the dream and learn an easier hero.

MG310

When will Hanzo mains learn that they are never going to be the next Seagull or Wraxu, just give up the dream and learn an easier hero.

This guy wasn't even a Hanzo main but he felt like blessing us with his Hanzo in every match tonight I guess. He was his 3rd most played hero by a decent amount but played him on offense and defense.

Maybe I'll just wait a few minutes so I don't keep getting stuck with this Hanzo who as far as I can tell from glancing at the feed keeps getting maybe 5 kills and multiple ults that miss everyone.

Also I kinda got forced into playing Mercy after we lost the first part of King's Row defense - we already had a Zen - and I have no idea what I'm doing with her.

Mercy isn't a great choice to pair with Zen. It can work, but Lucio or Ana is waaaay better. Can you not Exist better than you can Mercy? Or is this an "idiots thinking they know what they're doing when they force someone to switch" thing?

MG310

I was Symmetra so a switch was necessary and we needed an additional healer. My aim isn't strong enough for Ana and I have even less Lucio play under my belt than I do Mercy.

EDIT: It's bad out here tonight. Just had a Hollywood defense with no healers ( I went back and switched off Sym), no Attack characters, and a Bastion that set up behind the car outside of the room with the computers where he can see and shoot nobody.

Thanks god im on break because these last two days have been nothing but Overwatch. I'm glad it's fun again.

That last map bought Owzers some Rein immunity for awhile.

Owzers

I'm retiring Rein now, all I needed was constant healing and an awful opposing team to shine and now I can move on to living out my dream of being a symmetra main. Good games tonight overall Gaf team.

Veelk

Banned
Can Blizzard PLEASE just make some kind of dedicated practice mode where you can actually practice?

Quickplay doesn't work when people see you pick Sombra and go "OH GUESS WE'RE THROWING, SO LETS TAKE WIDOW HANZO TORB AND NO HEALERS!"

How am I supposed to try new heroes if the only place I can play normally is comp, where I risk losing SR?

Can Blizzard PLEASE just make some kind of dedicated practice mode where you can actually practice?

Quickplay doesn't work when people see you pick Sombra and go "OH GUESS WE'RE THROWING, SO LETS TAKE WIDOW HANZO TORB AND NO HEALERS!"

How am I supposed to try new heroes if the only place I can play normally is comp, where I risk losing SR?

3vs3, CTF?

I'm retiring Rein now, all I needed was constant healing and an awful opposing team to shine and now I can move on to living out my dream of being a symmetra main. Good games tonight overall Gaf team.

The team wasn't that bad but we disrespected them hard. That Genji was the sole reason we lost oasis though.

Slowly but surely I'm becoming not shit with Lucio. Gotta keep working on that win rate.

I think this is the first time I've actually been above 3000 since the beginning of the season. Hopefully the good times roll on.

I remember this, I had just started playing with the gaf group and somehow a week later you were near gold! The lucio has come a long way.

Good games y'all.

So many great games today, feels good to play ow like this.

Owzers killed it in the last game, what a beast.

Sorry but I'd rather have a defense on dorado 1st checkpoint that lasts more than 30 seconds :DDD

Slowly but surely I'm becoming not shit with Lucio. Gotta keep working on that win rate.

I think this is the first time I've actually been above 3000 since the beginning of the season. Hopefully the good times roll on.

This makes me very happy, before when I played with the gaf group I ended up lucio for more than half the games at least, not that I don't enjoy him, but I really like to keep switching characters. Having someone like you on the team that enjoys to play as him that much is really good.

S76 has been my most successful character with our stacks so far, 4-0 today and 4-1 a few days ago, if Cappa or Lik aren't on guess I'll play him more, though I'll pray that one of the randoms picks him and is actually good so I can play something else lol

That duo we got on volskaya was awesome.

Veelk

Banned
3vs3, CTF?

3v3 is a very different type of game. To practice how a character works in the normal game, I need to play a normal game.

As for CTF, I straight up don't play that too much because I don't like it, but it'd probably work better as practice than 3v3.

But the point is Quickplay should be the ideal mode to just practice since it is a risk free, miniversion of comp. But it's impossible to actually practice when those very conditions mean the game is basically thrown.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got told I should never play Ana again.

;_;

Felt bad, because I didn't feel like I did that well.

See the idiot next round who blamed you get picked off first by playing up like a dumbass, completely away from the team.

^_^

Funny how people who are literally the same SR as you, talk down because they were once Diamond. Keyword, once.

3v3 is a very different type of game. To practice how a character works in the normal game, I need to play a normal game.

As for CTF, I straight up don't play that too much because I don't like it, but it'd probably work better as practice than 3v3.

But the point is Quickplay should be the ideal mode to just practice since it is a risk free, miniversion of comp. But it's impossible to actually practice when those very conditions mean the game is basically thrown.

How do you know your team mates aren't also practising and trying out new characters?

Veelk

Banned
How do you know your team mates aren't also practising and trying out new characters?

Sure, that's also possible. But the problem remains. If one person is practicing a character on an otherwise competent team comp, that's no biggie. If 3, 4 people are doing it, and we're playing against people who are actually putting together a good team comp just to win, then it's just a straight up steamroll. There's nothing you can learn when you just instantly on contact with the enemy team.

So I'm saying there needs to be some kind of dedicated practice mode. I almost think they should just try to design bots with AI that can actually act close to the way real players do.

Or maybe just put in specific practice arena's that focus on different things. For example, field with moving small targets would be great as a snipers practice. For Tracer, you have need an area with targets moving around that you have to chase down. Basically, modes that specifically play to a characters weak point so they have to train themselves on countering.

Blizzard

Banned
I've reached a bizarro rank where there are barely any players besides low-level smurfs / new players. Each match takes 2+ minutes to find a lobby, and repeated players are quite common.

Is anyone else below 1860 on PC? Since I place lower each new season than the last season, and since it takes maybe 6 straight wins (a very unlikely streak) to gain even 100 points, I'm wondering if I may legitimately become unable to play ranked next season. It's kind of funny since the first season I was something like 7 points short of platinum.

I hope not. I like Overwatch, but this precise thing drove me away from League of Legends. Despite the huge number of players, I would get 5-7 minute queue times and I eventually switched games. Maybe I'm just so unskilled at videogames that I place myself out of matchmaking. :p

Cappa

Banned

Nice us all finally being back in diamond should also help with randoms I hop since our matches will be in higher sr I hope

Owzers

We should alternate Rein and Lucio until Ned gives up on figuring out who is playing who permanently.

Ramirez

This is one thing that Jeff has stated repeatedly will never, ever happen. Too many online games have tried this, and the result is the team bullying one victim (who maybe had a bad game, maybe had an off-meta pick, etc) to take the Leave Penalty to save the rest of the team's SR. And that goes against the very core of what they want for Overwatch.

Such a stupid reason to not implement it. Similar to their no scoreboard stance, it just comes off as babysitting their community or something. People can mute or turn off chat if they feel bullied, give me a break.

Top Bottom