• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

randome

I really hate when people choose widow, hanzo, and genji for comp. I got stuck with that group when we did oasis last night. Lost 3 straight with 0% capture. At one point my whole team switched to dps and I tried playing mercy only to get destroyed cuz no one would protect me.

I really hate rage quitters in ranked, 3 matches in a row someone leaves and ruins it for every other player in the match.

I really hope there are stricter punishments for leavers in the next season.

The punishment for leavers is fine (especially with how often the game screws up and punishes you when you didn't leave or even join).

What needs happen is the rest of the team (not grouped with leaver) is not punished by the inevitable loss.

antitrop

Confirming my belief that stats are a joke.
It's just confirming that the matches aren't fair, is all.

He's proud of reaching rank 1 like this? It's sad.

aSG0DIz.jpg

Gurrry

Just coming up on the annual reminder that the dva black screen bug is still in the game and has been there since launch. Are we ever gonna get a fix for that?

antitrop

That's the enemy McCree's stats, not Cantus.
That picture is just proof of him 6-stacking against Diamonds at off-peak hours.

His stats are here, and they are nothing:

6VCqAw1.png

Nothing happens in his games, he barely has to heal his teammates, he almost never has to Rez. It's just a complete walkover.

For comparison, here are the stats of Little_Menace (#2 Mercy), someone that doesn't abuse matchmaking:

Gp636KC.png

LiK

That picture is just proof of him 6-stacking against Diamonds at off-peak hours.

6VCqAw1.png

Nothing happens in his games, he barely has to heal his teammates, he almost never has to Rez. It's just a complete walkover.

He must be proud.

Playing at really low quick play ranks on my smurf really makes you realize just how far you've come since you started playing this game.

No one knows what they're doing at all times.

Geneijin

6VCqAw1.png

For comparison, here are the stats of Little_Menace (#2 Mercy), someone that doesn't abuse matchmaking:

Gp636KC.png
Ah, I thought you were misunderstanding his in-game stats for a particular game. Didn't realize his Overbuff stats were as paltry as my Gold Mercy :lol

Is Blizzard insane? Way to kill your own esport before it even launched.

Look at the buy in fees in this article my lord

There's speculation that this is intentional to draw in interest from traditional sports owners, who see esports viewership and want to dip in, but aren't sold because it's not a "sport."

Basically, trying to get more NRGs going.

By separating the wheat from the chaff (blah) they help convince those questioning investors by showing just how available the viewer market is.

There's speculation that this is intentional to draw in interest from traditional sports owners, who see esports viewership and want to dip in, but aren't sold because it's not a "sport."

Basically, trying to get more NRGs going.

By separating the wheat from the chaff (blah) they help convince those questioning investors by showing just how available the viewer market is.

I just don't see how it's financially viable for someone to spend $20 million for a spot and not get shared revenue until MAYBE 2021, when you could spend less than $5 million to acquire the top team in every esport.

Maybe it will work but man it doesn't sound good on the surface.

Syf

Banned
It's totally absurd especially for an unproven pro game like Overwatch even with its popularity. I like what they're trying to do with the Overwatch League but they're killing it before it begins with that price tag. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised knowing all the mistakes they made with the SC2 scene.

I just don't see how it's financially viable for someone to spend $20 million for a spot and not get shared revenue until MAYBE 2021, when you could spend less than $5 million to acquire the top team in every esport.

Maybe it will work but man it doesn't sound good on the surface.

Agreed, that's why I kinda buy in to the idea that they're deliberately trying to kill the current competitive OW scene to make way for this with new, less familiar investors.

I think it blows, since I love having a ton of different streams to watch.

Agreed, that's why I kinda buy in to the idea that they're deliberately trying to kill the current competitive OW scene to make way for this with new, less familiar investors.

I think it blows, since I love having a ton of different streams to watch.

The big difference here is professional sports have college teams and minor leagues to get new players from. If Blizzard kills competitive Overwatch it will be incredibly difficult to find new talent. Blizzard might have a solution here, but I'm not a huge fan of the "tear it all down to build it how we want" strategy.

MCD

I really hate Mercy.

I do everything to kill shitty ass Roadhog and Pharah only for her to Rez them up.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Veelk

Banned
I really hate Mercy.

I do everything to kill shitty ass Roadhog and Pharah only for her to Rez them up.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Trying to kill tanks and a Mercy pocket healer is pretty infuriating.

Mercy be herself can be annoying, but not a big deal if you just kill her before taking out the rest of the team.

For me, the problem is when she's paired with Lucio and they work together to keep each other alive. If I try to kill the Mercy, Lucio heals her while shooting at me. If I try to kill the Lucio, Mercy heals him while either shooting or running away. All in the midst of battle where anyone can kill me while I'm trying to get at them.

That can make me rage hard.

Mercy be herself can be annoying, but not a big deal if you just kill her before taking out the rest of the team.

For me, the problem is when she's paired with Lucio and they work together to keep each other alive. If I try to kill the Mercy, Lucio heals her while shooting at me. If I try to kill the Lucio, Mercy heals him while either shooting or running away. All in the midst of battle where anyone can kill me while I'm trying to get at them.

That can make me rage hard.

When the healers look out for each other, it's a beautiful thing. Love having a Lucio that isn't diving behind enemy lines all the time and will boop people away from me or speed boost when needed. Or a Zen that will actually heal/protect me when I'm getting ganged up on. That's sorta rare for me though.

Annas are bros though. They always have my back.

lol

Take her so I can be the Ana Main that PS4 GAF deserves... But not the one they need right now. So I will rez them because I can take it. Because I'm not a hero I'm a loud guardian, a watchful protector...a Mercy Main.

For serious tho... Gitting gud with Ana takes time. She has become easier to control on console due to smoothing. Also I totally switched off her multiple times and mostly played Mercy yesterday. We all give everyone a shot at doing a new main and I would like to main Ana.

One of the worst games ever to end it. But still a good three stack. We overcame some truly horrendous teammates today.

Six stack would've been amazing if we were all playing that well.

Cappa

Banned
At least we finished with positive sr to end it but all games were terrible. We should have won every single game easily if people just didn't do dumb shit.

One of the worst games ever to end it. But still a good three stack. We overcame some truly horrendous teammates today.

Six stack would've been amazing if we were all playing that well.

The mercys and zens we got in our teams today were some of the wost I've ever seen in this game. Truly awful stuff.

At least we finished with positive sr to end it but all games were terrible. We should have won every single game easily if people just didn't do dumb shit.

That eichenwalde match ending...

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I could not have been more tilted while we were getting spawn camped as our Rein ran past the enemy to stand in front of the payload. I was just yelling nonsense.

Not a single teammate talking in 7 games, and almost no one even in chat. Awful ult management, awful picks, awful players, it was really something. I'll take that 4-3 record.

Top Bottom