• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

komaruR

you're my Mercy caller main.
Im use to calling her out but sometime i left the location out :p
Then again sometime there's no follow up too.
When i do dps i always make her my top priority and sometime tunnel vision the surrounding (Broken record)

I usually call out my discords in some targets like Mercy, Pharah, Bastion and tanks.

No reason not to.

When i do dps i always make her my top priority and sometime tunnel vision the surrounding (Broken record)

Same, it usually works out because most people don't really protect the supports so it's all good. We can get to the mercy like its nothing.

LiK

I have nothing against call outs but if it's constant then other callouts get drown out.

Im use to calling her out but sometime i left the location out :p
Then again sometime there's no follow up too.

Yea, Mercy is a threat but don't get killed trying to just focus on her. Not even worth it.

randome

Basically we can all agree just be smart about callouts, right? Makes sense 'cuz sometimes I'll discord a dude and then another dude and another in quick succession and it can get confusing. Sometimes I honestly can't tell who's discorded haha.

The game is starting to put me with mid 3000 players. Picking Lucio in solo queue and having good teammates around you.

I'm gonna cry....

When you guys getting on? About to go home and have an overwatch itch but I don't want to solo q lol

I can be on when you guys are. The randoms we terrible yesterday at this time of the day though, we should bail if things go bad and wait for later.
Im solo queuing at the moment. 3-0 so far

I'm thinking about giving OW a shot, but I have a few questions.

Since it's been out for almost a year, am I going to struggle trying to catch up, or is the progression more of individual progression?

Also how does the console version (PS4 Pro) compare to the PC version?

How bad are the communities since I tend to be more of a solo player?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated... thanks....
You might run into smurfs or rerankers, but matchmaking will generally keep them away from beginners.

It's slower and aim settings are way too complicated for it's own good, but I play on console and I love it.

Like any community, hit or miss. You can't really ignore the bad people since it's a team heavy game. But people here are willing to group up if there's room.

If I were calling discords out to my friends on the regular I'd never shut up...
"On the junkrat..okay, good, now it's on the roadhog coming up the left, WAIT I'm getting murked by a Tracer, moving orb to save my own arse!"

I'm pretty decent with them but self preservation is my priority, that thing is going onto anyone who steps even remotely near me.

komaruR

I have nothing against call outs but if it's constant then other callouts get drown out.

Yea, Mercy is a threat but don't get killed trying to just focus on her. Not even worth it.
But i trust you guys to finish up their team if they got no healer. :p

If I were calling discords out to my friends on the regular I'd never shut up...
"On the junkrat..okay, good, now it's on the roadhog coming up the left, WAIT I'm getting murked by a Tracer, moving orb to save my own arse!"

I'm pretty decent with them but self preservation is my priority, that thing is going onto anyone who steps even remotely near me.
Honestly, I love finding people who make a lot of call outs. They're so rare, so I usually end up doing it on my own. with more than person, we have eyes on the whole map.

Btw, where's everyone's video settings at on console? I find that enemies are hard to see on oasis and another red/orange/yellow colored areas. Soldier is impossible with heal field up unless your 10 feet of him.

komaruR

Honestly, I love finding people who make a lot of call outs. They're so rare, so I usually end up doing it on my own. with more than person, we have eyes on the whole map.

Btw, where's everyone's video settings at on console? I find that enemies are hard to see on oasis and another red/orange/yellow colored areas. Soldier is impossible with heal field up unless your 10 feet of him.
Everything default. I do play on a 27" monitor instead of a hdtv

LiK

I play on a 60" HDTV, not sure if that means anything. I don't have issues seeing things.

I usually call out Discords only when it's a priority target.

Say for instance I know Roadhog has ult, I discord him as it starts up and tell people we can tank the damage and just kill him quickly with Discord.

Or you see Pharmercy, I tell them the Mercy is Discorded so kill her first, etc.

Otherwise it's whoever I want to kill or whoever everyone is already shooting at.

LordofPwn

got "The floor is Lava" trophy last night in competitive. Lijang Night Market round 4. I was surprised I got it because it was 3 individual kills pretty spaced out and I wasn't sure if i was on a wall or not.

Ended up winning in round 5. 42 Elims, 33 Sound Barriers provided, 49% weapon Accuracy, 20,349 healing (tying my season high damage in a match), gained 26SR.

Diamond is supposed to be hard getting out of though. Gold can be hard to get out of because people still seemingly don't know how to play the game.

I don't it should be as hard though, there so many in masters trying to derank in diamond compared to other ranks. So playing with them is extra unfun.

antitrop

Then it might be something with my monitor then. Thanks for the replies

Diamond is so hard to get out of, lol.

Ya, I'm pretty convinced the difference between Diamond and Low-Master is just luck. You just have to get on a lucky win-streak and rocketboost yourself past that 3400-3600 no man's land.

LordofPwn

It's something like that. It's somewhere around 10% for Diamond, 3% for Master, and 1% for GM.
couldn't remember how they redistributed ranks. anyways thats what i was getting at. getting out of diamond means that you're trying to become some of the best overwatch players, should not be easy. I understand having to deal with other derank stuff though.

On a different note, I think I broke Overbuff.
WMxNC81.png

God awful randoms as expected, since me and cappa were on the group we were playing with europeans instead of americans and it was BAD like yesterday at this time of the day.

Awful ult management, awful positioning, just bad games overall. Really hate playing support in these conditions but there's not much that can be done when randoms instalock dps.

Edit: that kid that picked mei in koth, point is at 99-99, we have it, he has ult, doesn't use it.

Pls

And it was a great map too, with nothing in the middle of the point. That's throwing away a win just like that.

LiK

God awful randoms as expected, since me and cappa were on the group we were playing with europeans instead of americans and it was BAD like yesterday at this time of the day.

Awful ult management, awful positioning, just bad games overall. Really hate playing support in these conditions but there's not much that can be done when randoms instalock dps.

Are you able to make Vault group leader and see if you get NA servers instead?

That's a bummer. Destiny allowed you to do that. I guess you guys would need more NA dudes in the group for that to happen.

Yup, usually that's what happens later in the day since there are more of you guys.

I notice a small delay in my games, but honestly it's worth it.

We got point first and by the time we were trying to stall that Mei had ult.

"You can use that and possibly win this fight"
Nothing

They start catching up, we lose a few team fights.
"You've had that ult for awhile, could've built a new one by now"
Nothing

Their at 99% we take back point without Mei ult.
"Alright we win one team fight and it's over. Be sure to ult Mei."
We win first fight, they Rez
"Ult Mei!"
Nothing
Rein hammers down, we die, never used ult once.

I mean....

We were on euro servers? That explains the weird lag I had. Reaper is dumb. We should rush him every time we see him

Yeah I recognized two names there, one of them was spanish.

It's easy to tell when there's a delay in the game, just pick pharah a the spawn and shoot at a wall, the explosion effect doesn't occur immediately.

I mean....

And then he used it next map when all of us were dead and we didn't even had the point lol

He was a kid, didn't know what he was doing even with all the hints. We got unlucky there.

The McCree was fucking awful too always going by himself.

Are you guys on break?

Yup.

rulerk1

Yeah I recognized two names there, one of them was spanish.

It's easy to tell when there's a delay in the game, just pick pharah a the spawn and shoot at a wall, the explosion effect doesn't occur immediately.

And then he used it next map when all of us were dead and we didn't even had the point lol

He was a kid, didn't know what he was doing even with all the hints. We got unlucky there.

The McCree was fucking awful too always going by himself.

Yup.

I was wondering what was up when I saw a fire strike before Rein did the animation

The percentage randoms who communicate AND play as a team when we stack is so low that I feel like there must be something else going on. It's like less than 5%

My solo games had like 3 or 4 voices, people switching, team play, everything.

feels bad

I was wondering what was up when I saw a fire strike before Rein did the animation

I'm constantly being hit by fire strikes and d.va bombs when I'm playing with you guys, it's kinda of hilarious when I'm clearly in a safe position in my game.

The percentage randoms who communicate AND play as a team when we stack is so low that I feel like there must be something else going on. It's like less than 5%

My solo games had like 3 or 4 voices, people switching, team play, everything.

feels bad

My soloq games are fucking horrible, unless I'm playing with people from the uk.

The randoms don't speak from the most part, when they do a lot of them don't know how to speak english, and sometimes they join team chat at the end to start swearing.

:\

jviggy43

Ya, I'm pretty convinced the difference between Diamond and Low-Master is just luck. You just have to get on a lucky win-streak and rocketboost yourself past that 3400-3600 no man's land.
I'll never forget how long it took me to climb out of diamond a few seasons ago. Always someone playing hanzo or another character that didn't gel with the rest of the team. Then just being toxic about it. Diamond is the worst.

8byte

Banned
Confused by the Anniversary event info. Are they saying each loot box will contain all of those items, or a mix of those items (standard 4 or 5 or whatever)?

Also, what are the Origin Skins? The ones we JUST got done with? Or new skins? SO CONFUSED.

Confused by the Anniversary event info. Are they saying each loot box will contain all of those items, or a mix of those items (standard 4 or 5 or whatever)?

Also, what are the Origin Skins? The ones we JUST got done with? Or new skins? SO CONFUSED.

No, it's same as usual, the box will always contain at least one item from the event, that can be one of those things.

Origins skins should be the same ones from a year ago I guess: Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, Strike-Commander Morrison, Blackwatch Reyes, and Slipstream Tracer.

It's the usual event mix. You are guaranteed to get at least one event item per box. (and it could be any one of those things)

My soloq games are fucking horrible, unless I'm playing with people from the uk.

The randoms don't speak from the most part, when they do a lot of them don't know how to speak english, and sometimes they join team chat at the end to start swearing.

:\

To be fair, my 7-0 solo queue (All Lucio!) the last two days is probably more exception than rule. But the higher SR has definitely helped.

Owzers

If Rein doesn't get a great skin this event I'm maining whoever does, and symmetra is supposed to get one...

A lot of people are saying my symmetra play is getting better every day and might be one of my best characters, and they are so right.

LiK

If Rein doesn't get a great skin this event I'm maining whoever does, and symmetra is supposed to get one...

A lot of people are saying my symmetra play is getting better every day and might be one of my best characters, and they are so right.

Who are these people.

Top Bottom