• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hit 3000. I'm happy. Started playing back in Feb, Hit Plat at the end of S3(Only managed to get 10 or 15 games in). Got the next rank up ^_^

Turned out, the biggest effect on my play has been school and having the mic on.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I kill one guy as Bastion while in turret mode and he goes there telling me to kill myself. In Mystery Heroes of all modes. Then goes on a rant that using ults is cheating in this mode.

PceOdnh.png
Why so serious? If you hate Mystery Heroes so much, go play another mode lol.

Veelk

Banned

Mystery Heroes can be either Dumb Fun or Absolute Cancer with no inbetween.

Personally, I just want them to take out hero stacking so we don't get teams of 3 attack torbs against 2 pharmacy combo's. Hell, maybe an algorithym that has a higher chance of picking the character you need against a certain comp.

Hit 3000. I'm happy. Started playing back in Feb, Hit Plat at the end of S3(Only managed to get 10 or 15 games in). Got the next rank up ^_^

Turned out, the biggest effect on my play has been school and having the mic on.
Awesome good job!

Had two toxic players bully a young kid playing torb. Granted that young kid was racist as hell too.

I didn't need to mute them. We got destroyed quite quickly.

Veelk

Banned
Because at the moment he out classes almost every DPS. And he has the most utility: sprint, healing station, helix rockets. He shouldn't be this powerful.

I don't know how balanced he is on PC, but I'm so over Soldier on consoles at this point that he's the only character I genuinely, without joking, want to see deleted from the game.

19 damage should help, but I would also take away some of his healing station. Maybe give it a greater CD or significantly lower it's heals per second. It's so frustrating when you get him almost down to zero and he pops the station and gets ALL of it back in a few seconds

Edit: actually, what they should do is make it destructible. It will give the enemy a solid chance to counter it instead of just being "Lol, fuck yo damage"

_Legacy_

Just lost a game to a team that didn't use a healer on Hollywood and had an above-average Widow. We failed to make the final checkpoint and the payload was an inch or two from the end. They just beat us too it because two people decided to step off the payload and allow one of theirs to sneak push to checkpoint 1 in overtime... I was raging but didn't want to upset anyone. I was saying why don't we get a Winston? The Widow was their best player and she was left unchecked, I did what I could as Soldier to push her away but that loss really pissed me off.

Why are people so reluctant to change sometimes? I really didn't want to switch off the only dps on our team to deal with a threat that our D.Va should have been shutting down. Their Widow was the mvp and got so many picks on our Mercy and Zen despite me telling them to be careful of her line of sight.

JHall

I don't know how balanced he is on PC, but I'm so over Soldier on consoles at this point that he's the only character I genuinely, without joking, want to see deleted from the game.

19 damage should help, but I would also take away some of his healing station. Maybe give it a greater CD or significantly lower it's heals per second. It's so frustrating when you get him almost down to zero and he pops the station and gets ALL of it back in a few seconds

Edit: actually, what they should do is make it destructible. It will give the enemy a solid chance to counter it instead of just being "Lol, fuck yo damage"

On PC he's powerful but not crazy powerful. He's just too good at everything right now. There's never a time in game where he's not a viable option. The damage nerf will help out since it'll now take 6 bodyshots to kill a 200 HP hero instead of 5.

I kill one guy as Bastion while in turret mode and he goes there telling me to kill myself. In Mystery Heroes of all modes. Then goes on a rant that using ults is cheating in this mode.

This is the truth right here. Ever since Arcade mode launched Mystery Heroes has been my goto mode to get the three boxes, over the last couple of weeks it has been an absolute miserable experience so it's all No Limits now.

*I do wish they would adjust the ult charge rate a bit

Veelk

Banned
On PC he's powerful but not crazy powerful. He's just too good at everything right now. There's never a time in game where he's not a viable option. The damage nerf will help out since it'll now take 6 bodyshots to kill a 200 HP hero instead of 5.

I wonder how big a difference it will make. One whole bullet can be a difference maker, but because it's just 1 point less, if you have as little as 10 points points of damage less, it'll be like there was no nerf. Tracer won't see much difference at all. And it's hard to tell how much difference it'll make on consoles.

Ideally, I wish they'd just return the damage to 17 on consoles like it used to be.

komaruR

I'm down to play with you guys if you'd like me to borrow it. I'm probably gonna start leveling up a new account this weekend if I have time.

check your pm.
i dont really care about that alt acc. you can do whatever you want with it. but maybe nice to keep it around the plat/diamond sr would be nice too so can play with ppl lol
I initially made it to play with my RL in gold but i got placed over the 1k sr limit because he dropped to low in silver lol

lol

PS4 tilt is alive and well.

Seriously would love feed back on whether or not I did anything wrong with Zarya. Doesn't feel like I was out of position except for the time I got booped out of position.

lol

Seriously would love feed back on whether or not I did anything wrong with Zarya. Doesn't feel like I was out of position except for the time I got booped out of position.

Yeah. But I blame that last game on the random who went DPS and then never got kills.

I'd also like feedback on pretty much anything I play. I have what characters I think I'm good with in my brain, but who knows how I actually perform with them.

Yeah. But I blame that last game on the random who went DPS and then never got kills.

I'd also like feedback on pretty much anything I play. I have what characters I think I'm good with in my brain, but who knows how I actually perform with them.
We got owned by attack Symm a couple times. I don't really blame the randoms for those games tbh.

lol

Play one full round as Mercy, pick Zen on the second and end with silver elims after having 0 in the first round.

Accused of throwing because I was not moving in the spawn in overtime while the whole team was dead.

Blizzard

Banned
Pretty much. Immediately after placement I went on a 6 win streak that brought me from silver to plat. Reaching diamond took much longer. I'm not an amazing player by any means, I'm 37 I don't have amazing reflexes like most of the considerably younger OW population. I'm also probably the only PS4 player here who plays with extremely low sensitivity (25/15). Anyone who has much better reflexes and play a dps like Genji or Tracer would climb even faster.
It's also key to note that your 6 win streak to gain tons of points only works if it happens shortly after placements.

If I get a 6 win streak, I might gain 100-150 points and not be REMOTELY close to where I placed at the start of the season.

Such a stupid reason to not implement it. Similar to their no scoreboard stance, it just comes off as babysitting their community or something. People can mute or turn off chat if they feel bullied, give me a break.

I get what you're saying. But, not having any background in online stuff like this, I really appreciate them coddling the community. It's why Overwatch has such great numbers on console. It's a safe environment for the most part, one I don't mind my kids playing in. I know many other parents who feel the same way, and also appreciate that there's a game they can play that doesn't treat them like shit for having deteriorating skill.

I record all my competitive matches. They are always a reality check; I can clearly see that I am doing worse than I think. Subtle stuff like plays and what ifs are really what determine matches; I had a match that could have been decided by charging Zen a few inches to the left after earth shatter.

Always record and send VODs to reviewers if possible. Always assume you are the one at fault/throwing and have a positive attitude.

Haha yeah. My favorite is orbing a dude and watching them run away behind cover. :D

Or watching Zarya pop her bubble up to cleanse the Discord right before she steps into the fight (at which point you pop it back on and she gets melted).

I also really enjoy how hesitant Genjis, Winstons, and Pharahs will go HAM when you pop a Healing Orb on them. Placebos are real.

The psych games with Zen are some of the most fun I have in Overwatch right now.

Top Bottom