• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

If Rein doesn't get a great skin this event I'm maining whoever does, and symmetra is supposed to get one...

A lot of people are saying my symmetra play is getting better every day and might be one of my best characters, and they are so right.

Alternative facts.

Tried Zarya.

If I'm not healing I get no heals.

Kind of why I always insta lock healers

I wasn't out of place either. Team just let me die from a Pharah attack.

LiK

Tried Zarya.

Yup, if you play Zarya and you don't get some occasional healing, it's a struggle even if your bubbles are on point. You can only hold on for so long against focus fire from multiple enemy heroes.

Just lost two in a row with to and Hype.

I guess our randoms were bad and also I was tilting us due to my bitching.

But God damn fucking kids should not be playing this. Litteraly that's all we had the last two games were kids.

rulerk1

Those two matches were very strange. Maybe if we had a real team comp we could have done something. Oh well. When's the five stack starting up again

hypernima

Banned
Tried Zarya.

Well I was trying to heal ya but we kept getting scattered and no one would regroup.
I kept saying, y'all there's a Hanzo up top of museum who won't let me return to the group.

What was I supposed to do? I got scattered easy.

Well I was trying to heal ya but we kept getting scattered and no one would regroup.
I kept saying, y'all there's a Hanzo up top of museum who won't let me return to the group.

What was I supposed to do? I got scattered easy.

It's fine...

You were zen tho right? I don't think I was out of line of sight when I was coming over from the car to get heals.

Paltheos

Tried Zarya.

I was playing Zarya yesterday, poorly, and our Reinhardt gave me a tip: Peel back to your healers from time-to-time as your team's secondary tank. Rein can't do it and someone has to watch your healers. When you're that close to them too, they should help you too.

Edit: Should clarify - I usually play Zarya on KOTH maps and am not accustomed to her on payload maps. This particular game was in Numbani.

I was playing Zarya yesterday, poorly, and our Reinhardt gave me a tip: Peel back to your healers from time-to-time as your team's secondary tank. Rein can't do it and someone has to watch your healers. When you're that close to them too, they should help you too.

Don't think we had a Rein. We had a Winston that was off doing god knows what... I was near our healers.

Luckily the match ended before it got any further.

I probably overreacted. But it certainly feels like no heals ever unless I'm healer.

komaruR

Don't think we had a Rein. We had a Winston that was off doing god knows what... I was near our healers.

Luckily the match ended before it got any further.

I probably overreacted. But it certainly feels like no heals ever unless I'm healer.
Or you kept getting atked so you didnt see the hps / hp bar go up?
What were you playing?

Solo que is fucking shit on PS4 now. Fucking same guy playing Symm no matter what 3 games in a row.
I tried to start up a duo with you this morning. But it never let me invite you and I didn't press the issue because I didn't even know if you'd be interested. But if you see me on and want to play let's make it happen.

You would also fit our stacks like a glove, if that interests you. We need good DPS and tanks.

Ramirez

I tried to start up a duo with you this morning. But it never let me invite you and I didn't press the issue because I didn't even know if you'd be interested. But if you see me on and want to play let's make it happen.

You would also fit our stacks like a glove, if that interests you. We need good DPS and tanks.

Yea I'm down. I've given into the stupidity of solo que and just practice Genji when people start throwing so I'm definitely in SR range.

Paltheos

Solo que is fucking shit on PS4 now. Fucking same guy playing Symm no matter what 3 games in a row.

If you straight queued up immediately after match end, I have zero pity. You gotta queue dodge, bro. Wait like a minute or so for him to get matched up with somebody else, then hit that search button.

Or you kept getting atked so you didnt see the hps / hp bar go up?
What were you playing?

Zarya. 2cp. Hanamura. Had bubble on me and was getting charged. Started to retreat behind truck on right side... group is on left side of truck 10ft away. Was not out of position. Pharah comes above and starts hitting me with rockets... I keep moving to get into line of sight with my group to get heals. No heals. Die. Someone quits on the other team, game ends.

hypernima

Banned
It's fine...

You were zen tho right? I don't think I was out of line of sight when I was coming over from the car to get heals.

I was Ana, I kept getting split up. We had a Zen but he switched to Lucio before match started. Honestly, when I play support I think I do fine but I'm dick when I'm split from the group.

komaruR

If you straight queued up immediately after match end, I have zero pity. You gotta queue dodge, bro. Wait like a minute or so for him to get matched up with somebody else, then hit that search button.
Sometime that dude might be waiting on que for minutes and right when you que the mm gets you two together. Rip

I was Ana, I kept getting split up. We had a Zen but he switched to Lucio before match started. Honestly, when I play support I think I do fine but I'm dick when I'm split from the group.

Ah. Should have tossed grenade my way if you had it. I typically use it for emergency situations like that if a Tank is about to go.

Lemstar

I just want to get out of the realm of throwers. I know every tier has this, but don't remember Platinum being as bad about this as lower gold is. It literally ruins the game because short of a miracle, you cannot win a 5v6 game, and I get them so much.

I just want to play a game and not be paranoid about losing a teammember. That's all.
If there's a promised land out there waiting for you, it's certainly not in platinum. Anecdotally, matches do get better around the mid-master range, but top players still run into and lose games because of awful hero mains and suspect internet connections and mindbogglingly poor decision making all the time. (Admittedly, being on stream probably exacerbates the likeliness of people making fools of themselves, but it's not like it happens just because people want attention or whatever.)

I've never really understood the emphasis on leavers. If it's because their internet sucks, that's just variance and you shouldn't be too concerned about it. It's probably a little less likely to happen in higher ranks because of how it'd lower their SR over time, but it'd still be randomly distributed and not have a whole lot of effect on your SR in the long run. If it's because your team is probably going to lose the match and they didn't want to play it out, it's disingenuous to chalk it up as a loss because of leavers when the causation is the other way around.

Losing in Overwatch is definitely an unpleasant feeling, but spending too much emotional energy being frustrated about it is counterproductive.

Paltheos

Sometime that dude might be waiting on que for minutes and right when you que the mm gets you two together. Rip

If you're both single queueing (if you remember what he did), it's a p. simple matter of just waiting however long you waited in your last match since odds are the queue time will be the same. I keep an eye out for it and don't mind Alt+Tabbing for a few minutes to be safe. Might give you time to cool down if you're bothered too.

hypernima

Banned
Ana is fun to play, take care of her and she'll keep you fed. I think I have some VODs from when that one Winston was insulting me. I think Jellie and Komaru watched during that time?

Giving it 💯.

N E M

E

M

Also another season I'll probably be Platinum. Every season I end up in the 2600-2800 range. I just don't have the time to climb.

Seriously considering making a new account to see if it was a result of my playing support so much the first couple of seasons.

AbaFadi

Banned

I would join you guys if I had an account low enough. Both of my accounts are in the 4200 region right now. I'd make another account but ranking to level 25 takes a while.

Veelk

Banned
If there's a promised land out there waiting for you, it's certainly not in platinum. Anecdotally, matches do get better around the mid-master range, but top players still run into and lose games because of awful hero mains and suspect internet connections and mindbogglingly poor decision making all the time. (Admittedly, being on stream probably exacerbates the likeliness of people making fools of themselves, but it's not like it happens just because people want attention or whatever.)

I've never really understood the emphasis on leavers. If it's because their internet sucks, that's just variance and you shouldn't be too concerned about it. It's probably a little less likely to happen in higher ranks because of how it'd lower their SR over time, but it'd still be randomly distributed and not have a whole lot of effect on your SR in the long run. If it's because your team is probably going to lose the match and they didn't want to play it out, it's disingenuous to chalk it up as a loss because of leavers when the causation is the other way around.

Losing in Overwatch is definitely an unpleasant feeling, but spending too much emotional energy being frustrated about it is counterproductive.

I've been in platinum for most of the time I've had overwatch. It's only the tail end of Season 3 and all of season 4 that I've been stuck in gold. And I can tell you that I don't remember it being THIS bad in platinum. I just want it to happen less, that's all, becuase right now, it plagues a full third of my games atleast. It's ridiculous.

And the idea that "Oh, we're probably going to lose so might as well" just doesn't work. I've had plenty of matches where I thought "oh, we're fucked", like if the enemy captures a point super early or we get our asses kicked in the first two rounds, only for things to turn around and we manage a hold or a push despite all odds. Just the other day, we had a team that utterly wrecked us in 2 matches, but we pull a reverse sweep on them by the skin of our teeth.

I'm not saying that we would have won all the matches where leavers left. But I want fair losses, not losses because the game is abandoned.

Top Bottom