• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

maomaoIYP

But then they have someone to blame when it goes wrong!
Yup. The solo card on my team was me. It was for transcendence healing too! LOL
JDqLkWm.png

No matter the comp you should never have solo healer.

I know but in Solo Q you dont have that luxury

Orisa gonna become a decent pick next season I bet. She can really do some work if the positioning and team comp are good.

When you are hitting multiple headshots. The sound feedback is amazing, and your targets get totally melted. I'll probably start picking her more.

I dont mind the damage nerf on her, Orisa needs some tweaks on her bullter travel speed to be faster

maomaoIYP

I know but in Solo Q you dont have that luxury

I've been solo queuing since S2. Yes you don't have that luxury, but that's on the rest of my team, not me. I can't help it if no one wants to play healer or tank, but I sure as hell will not switch to a character that I know I can't play at that level.

MG310

7-5 tonight. 4-0 with Symmetra.

Up to 2046 from 2007. I'll take it given 2 of the losses were that Nepal match I mentioned earlier and an Ilios match where I had to solo heal a Triple Tank group as Zen where the Reinhardt would just keep rushing in to die alone.

A bit salty about the Dorado loss though. I only managed an additional 2000 healing on the defense after the 8900 offense. Still, we had about 23,000 healing between the Ana and myself and still managed to get rolled once they made the overtime push through the first checkpoint.

Blizzard

Banned
Hundreds of hours of Overwatch later, I just realized that the Overwatch logo is round like an O, and the middle part kind of makes a W, and the OW stands for OverWatch.

MGrant

Been playing more d.va this season and I think she's great at protecting healers,stuffing ult's,chasing down wounded enemies

Yeah for sure. My roommate goes D.Va often with my Reinhardt and the pair actually works extremely well together as a tag-team. Neither of us is going to die or need to reload, and we can even obliterate tanks in a 2v1 situation if people let us go uncontested.

Just lost two in a row with to and Hype.

I guess our randoms were bad and also I was tilting us due to my bitching.

But God damn fucking kids should not be playing this. Litteraly that's all we had the last two games were kids.

Some kids are ok, had one playing Mercy with mic, he said he was still learning her so this other random and I were kinda guiding him where to position, use Ult etc (and why) and he took it all on board, we showered him in praise the whole time and he got 6 instant votes after match.

Saddest thing ever, when he thanked everyone for the votes he sounded like he was crying, the happy kind.

Is Lucio supposed to heal anymore? Played quite a bit with him recently in QP, and even when I'm 75% healing he's still getting less than Zen .

Considering his healing is hella improved and more than enough to save people, I'd say yeah.

It has improved in rate, but the range has greatly decreased. His healing is still out bursted by almost anyone though. So I'm not sure how to keep my team alive with him. Maybe higher ranked players will move with me more? I am practicing in QM, so that could be a factor.

Anne

It has improved in rate, but the range has greatly decreased. His healing is still out bursted by almost anyone though. So I'm not sure how to keep my team alive with him. Maybe higher ranked players will move with me more? I am practicing in QM, so that could be a factor.

It's more than enough to get people through a fight. If somebody gets bursted healing don't mean shit anyways. If people aren't with you, go to them. Remember, the healing number doesn't matter at all. All that matters is if you heal somebody through a fight.

Geneijin

I've been solo queuing since S2. Yes you don't have that luxury, but that's on the rest of my team, not me. I can't help it if no one wants to play healer or tank, but I sure as hell will not switch to a character that I know I can't play at that level.
I've taken those opportunities to practice my Ana honestly. Sometimes, I get people demanding a Mercy, but hey, it's not like I won't play a healer. Just not Mercy and it's not like I like solo healing anyway.

maomaoIYP

I've taken those opportunities to practice my Ana honestly. Sometimes, I get people demanding a Mercy, but hey, it's not like I won't play a healer. Just not Mercy and it's not like I like solo healing anyway.

I've actually done the same, but Ana isn't easy at all on console, and I can't prevent team wipes with my ult. Also if the team has less than 2 tanks I would prefer to stay as Zen.

hypernima

Banned
Had this one dude who was boosted as fuck (Bronze last season, but duoing with a diamond.) hog Soldier for all rounds and refuse to switch even though she was doing terrible with him. I tried carrying but the Mercy in her duo was pocketing her and we were losing last point of dorado until I switched to Junkrat.

I hate when people lock soldier and just run in blindlessly.

DOWN

Banned
Two questions: how much does Mercy's damage Boost beam actually boost damage?

Also how much damage does Mercy's gun do? Like D VA's is secretly super powerful and useful but Mercy's doesn't seem useful and I would love to know if that's just me or if it is truly weak

Chance

Two questions: how much does Mercy's damage Boost beam actually boost damage?

30%

Also how much damage does Mercy's gun do? Like D VA's is secretly super powerful and useful but Mercy's doesn't seem useful and I would love to know if that's just me or if it is truly weak

20 damage per shot, 5 shots per second, can headshot. Its secret power is that like Orisa, Zero Suit D.Va and Zen, her gun doesn't have damage dropoff over distance.

Thus it's often hard to legitimize damage boosting x over pulling your sidearm. Very little you can damage boost will actually exceed 100dps - but the time it takes to switch between the staff and pistol can be costly...

Edit: it does slightly more dps than D.Va's.

Owzers

30%

20 damage per shot, 5 shots per second, can headshot. Its secret power is that like Orisa, Zero Suit D.Va and Zen, her gun doesn't have damage dropoff over distance.

Thus it's often hard to legitimize damage boosting x over pulling your sidearm. Very little you can damage boost will actually exceed 100dps - but the time it takes to switch between the staff and pistol can be costly...

I'm going battle Mercy

Cappa

Banned
30%

I'll usually damage boost in any situation that doesn't involve graviton. Graviton should be an immediate instinct to pull out pistol.

Chance

I'll usually damage boost in any situation that doesn't involve graviton. Graviton should be an immediate instinct to pull out pistol.

Gravitron, a low-hp enemy no one else is trying to finish, a Torb turret (or Bastion at enough range/behind a shield) or just when a flanker busts in on you and assumes you're an easy pick.

For general tempo and with a team that's on point, you should never NEED to pull your pistol, but there are a lot of 'but's...

Quan

I'm done with this game. It takes forever to claim then on a shit night you lose 250sr. My time is more valuable to me than wasting it in this shit.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Good games. KDP just seemed way better prepared overall, though at first I thought Rogue was gonna stomp them, judging by how the first two KOTH rounds went.

I'm going battle Mercy
The other hidden advantage to Mercy is that her gun auto-reloads when you switch to the staff for about the same amount of time it takes for her to actually reload. So you can empty your gun, switch to heal/boost someone, then switch back to a full gun.

I've been playing Zenyatta in ranked, still have a lot of work to do (mainly figuring out when to use my ult, now I just use it to counter other ults), but I'm slowly climbing up.

Most peaceful games of ranked I've played in a long time. Thank you robot monk.

Chance

One that's kinda' hard to stop yourself from pulling pistol on is a Mei ult. Once they're frozen, yes, pull pistol BUT...

Mei's ult freezes enemies like her spray does - a certain amount of freeze damage has to be taken by the target before they freeze - and you can boost that damage output by boosting Mei once Snowball activates. They freeze quicker and then stay frozen for its duration, meanimg they're also in a frozen state longer.

Mei is a good pocket candidate as a rule anyway.

Chance

I've been playing Zenyatta in ranked, still have a lot of work to do (mainly figuring out when to use my ult, now I just use it to counter other ults), but I'm slowly climbing up.

Most peaceful games of ranked I've played in a long time. Thank you robot monk.

Using it to counter gets me the most thanks, I find.

Zenyatta discovers simple trick that makes Genjis hate him!

Aomber

Just started really getting into Overwatch, been playing some Arcade and man... What's up with the wonky matchmaking in Arcade?

Just had a 6v6 no limits match, my team was rolling the other team pretty good until halfway through the second round. One player from the other team left, in comes a dude with a platinum/gold border with 8900 quickplay wins. Bear in mind, here I am with my 10-20 wins in quickplay.

We had absolutely no chance, got destroyed the minute this guy dropped into the other team. Is this a known problem with Arcade specifically? Never had anything like that happen in Quick play

Quan

If you treat the game like the goal is to gain SR, then yeah it's a miserable experience.

I think you are right I only play Comp because quick is unbelievably bad and if you lose SR in comp you will go down the rank the the games keep getting worse and worse.

I think you are right I only play Comp because quick is unbelievably bad and if you lose SR in comp you will go down the rank the the games keep getting worse and worse.
That's a fair point to make. Your SR is tied to game quality, and as you go down the matches become unbearable to experience.

I think the game's toolset needs an overhaul. Quick Play is atrocious, so anyone who even moderately wants to play a game according to the goals of the game plays Competitive. That's not a good division.

LiK

QP needs lootbox weekly reward as an incentive for wins similar to Arcade. This will make people actually try to win more often.

Owzers

Unless you can carry in soloq it would be interesting to see what happens when the gold/silver people try to group up a little. Soloq to me seems like the least fun way to play and causes the most frustration.

Anne

Just started really getting into Overwatch, been playing some Arcade and man... What's up with the wonky matchmaking in Arcade?

Just had a 6v6 no limits match, my team was rolling the other team pretty good until halfway through the second round. One player from the other team left, in comes a dude with a platinum/gold border with 8900 quickplay wins. Bear in mind, here I am with my 10-20 wins in quickplay.

We had absolutely no chance, got destroyed the minute this guy dropped into the other team. Is this a known problem with Arcade specifically? Never had anything like that happen in Quick play

The matchmaking in arcade can be pretty lax since it's a lower populated fuck around mode.

Top Bottom